• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terry Goodkind: The Omen Machine OT [Spoiler warning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

I quote a (surely detached and ironical) Publishers Weekly review of FotF.

Sequel to Soul of the Fire in Goodkind's popular Sword of Truth series, this extended barrage of sword-swinging fantasy pits the new World's Seeker of Truth, Richard Rahl, and his wife, Mother Confessor Kahlan Amnell, against the lethal totalitarian forces of the Imperial Order under Jagang "The Just" and his gorgeous masochistic minion, Nicci, aka Death's Mistress, a dreaded Sister of the Dark. After Richard helps a desperately wounded Kahlan heal in a mountain hideaway guarded by their ill-tempered blonde bombshell bodyguard, Cara, Nicci ensorcels Kahlan and forces Richard to abandon her for inhuman bondage in the Order-dominated Old World. Kahlan defies Richard's prophecy that arms alone will never defeat the Order. She takes command of the D'Haran army, hopelessly outnumbered against Jagang's black-magicked hordes who are invading the New World.

Untangling all this gives Goodkind an ample canvas for enough disemboweling, spit-roasting and miscellaneous mutilating of men, women and children to out-Sade the infamous Marquis. His fans (and they are legion) will revel in vicious berserker battles and agonize deliciously as Richard, reduced to slavery by Nicci, toils to establish a bastion of capitalism in the cold gray heart of the Stalinesque Old World.

For sheer volume of its technicolor bloodbaths and its bathetic propagandistic bombast, this installment of Goodkind's fantasy saga makes an indelible impact; anyone who yearns for Goodkind is going to be in high clover.

That, while a tremendously ghastly piece of writing, neatly describes Terry at his best/worst. I refuse to accept that he has exhausted his reserves of this sort of exciting nonsense. He needs to get back to ornately terrible high fantasy crap.

And the catastrophe that was The Omen Machine can still serve as a foundation. Seek and destroy Hannis Arc. Kahlan is sick - so leave her behind. Zedd has something to prove after doing fuck-all over the course of a novel - so bring him along and tell him to cut loose. Nobles have abandoned you - send your armies to change their minds/obliterate them.

Salazar said:
Kahlan is sick - so leave her behind.

That is getting kind of old. Every fucking book, something happens to pull them apart.

Btw, I've been pondering lately, on how Kahlan actually getting raped would play out. I imagine it would go like this:

He forced his way into her. She closed her eyes. She wished Richard was here. She smiled. Thinking of Richard always made her smile.

Sounds like something TG could have written, no?

Salazar

questionmark said:
Sounds like something TG could have written, no?

Pretty much. Or some dude casts a spell that makes him look like Richard. Or Kahlan has to submit to the brutish sexual desires of a demon in order to access some kind of magic.

I agree that separating Richard and Kahlan is worn-out, but she's no use.

Cheers Salazar! Mighty fine work.

Ive managed to read all the books in the main series, I remember mostly enjoying the series up to Faith, and after that struggling on just because I knew the series was coming to an end. I don't think I will bother with these new books, but I will enjoy your comments on the next one!

Salazar

No worries.

I just wish folks would review it, and not abandon the field of critical judgement to nutters on Amazon who can bring themselves to write

I am ecstatic to say, 'The Omen Machine' is not only a thoroughly good read, it is a stunningly bright star of a novel that excels on virtually all levels.

Salazar

Hype bump.

Terry Goodkind ‏ @terrygoodkind
Many exciting things about to begin...

Bonus lol RT

Lee Bradley ‏ @leeb1977
Phew! George rr martins dance with dragons and terry goodkinds omen machine both finished. Both great in there own way.
Retweeted by Terry Goodkind

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hype bump.

Terry Goodkind ‏ @terrygoodkind
Many exciting things about to begin...

Bonus lol RT

Lee Bradley ‏ @leeb1977
Phew! George rr martins dance with dragons and terry goodkinds omen machine both finished. Both great in there own way.
Retweeted by Terry Goodkind

I'm 300 pages into Dance with Dragons and I'm pretty sure twice as many important events have happened as the entire summary of Omen Machine contained.

Salazar

I'm 300 pages into Dance with Dragons and I'm pretty sure twice as many important events have happened as the entire summary of Omen Machine contained.

By Terry's standards, it was a fairly tame ride. But Terry's standards of exciting dribble, let us not forget, are pretty uniquely high.

Sword of Truth pendant, now available from the official Terry Goodkind store.

OjmWH.png

Smite the harmless innocents in your life. Smite them.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
I am ready for the next book, by way of Salazar. Because there is no way in hell I will bring myself to actually READ any of these things. I'll leave him the honor of reading through 600 pages of nothing actually happening and 40 pages of TGK trying to weave together something that resembles a plot before he shits out an ending.

Salazar

I'll leave him the honor of reading through 600 pages of nothing actually happening and 40 pages of TGK trying to weave together something that resembles a plot before he shits out an ending.

Indications are that this novella will deal with Richard's mother. Basically a little stopgap for the tragic cases who can't wait for the next novel.

Terry's prequel short story Debt of Bones was actually pretty decent. Possibly because the acute limitedness of the form meant that he couldn't jerk around with prophecies.

What amazes me is the surreal continuation of Legend of the Seeker campaign

http://legendofseeker.livejournal.com/993899.html

Which Terry seems to be tacitly endorsing, even though he repudiated the show as a travesty of the philosophy and style of his work.

They put up a bus shelter ad in the middle of nowhere, lmao

Salazar

The pendant seems kind of small, but I suppose you could at least manage to blind a few pacifists before being arrested by the communist authorities.

Remember, you can only kill people with it if you are certain (beyond that measure of rational skepticism we associate with sanity) that they deserve to die.

Edit: Unless you turn it white.

Puddles

Banned
Still not sure how you can handle this shit, Salazar.

Aren't you a PhD student or something? How are you able to keep large sections of your brain completely powered down for 600 pages at a time?

Salazar

Aren't you a PhD student or something?

Yeah, but that has to do with scholarly culture and literary journalism. I've stopped writing about anything that has expressly to do with matters of taste, so those faculties of discrimination have probably been wasting away for a while.

How are you able to keep large sections of your brain completely powered down for 600 pages at a time?

I edit miscellaneous journal articles from time to time. Goodkind is bliss by comparison. Goodkind is Turgenev by comparison.

Wow. For the ladies, a purse custom-made with a Terry Goodkind book cover

http://www.terrygoodkindstore.com/collections/frontpage/products/book-cover-burses

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Terry went to my high school. He is on the wall of fame along with Henry Fonda, Nobel Prize winners, Poet Laureates, mayors, governors, and so on.

He is manlier than all of them combined.

Amir0x

Banned
i still am consistently in awe at how terrible this writer is. every time i read this thread something makes my jaw drop.

Salazar

Terry went to my high school. He is on the wall of fame along with Henry Fonda, Nobel Prize winners, Poet Laureates, mayors, governors, and so on.

He is manlier than all of them combined.

He should come back and give an address to the seniors. That would be sensational.

Press release for a writer who idolises Terry.

Black Rose Writing Presents Reborn by J.K. Miller

“Every now and again an anomaly is born – an enigma, a theorist…a genius. They are born with the sole purpose of changing the course of history.” —from Reborn.

Clearwater, FL, March 15, 2012 - In a world on the brink of ruin, the Kahnan have been reborn. Their purpose: stop the anomaly from obtaining the Gift of Prime at all costs. The reasons do not matter; it is their destiny.

Jason Kyton is awakened and forced from his hometown. His fully awakened auras churn within him, but he doesn’t know how to control them. He doesn’t even remember yesterday. Only his mother seems to know anything about what he is, but she is trapped before she can help him. Jason must travel to a place called The Hills to learn to control his auras and find the other Kahnan. Each day brings the anomaly closer to obtaining the Gift, and each day the elements become more and more unstable.

When the true nature of the Kahnan is revealed, the salvation of mankind suddenly hangs in the balance. Salvation comes with one price: delivering the Gift into the hands of the anomaly. Just how noble is mankind? Witness the dawning of a new era in this epic fantasy.

This kid could be an up-and-comer.

WARCOCK

Banned
Will dutifully ignore the book, not sure whether bad literature is as effective satire as bad cinema given the effort involved in reading. What i would buy though would be a critique or essay about the book by OP, day 1.

markot

Banned
Are there any authors who arent 'ny times best seller'? It seems like its pretty much the tagline for 88% of American authors >.>; (The bad ones who dont win real awards)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Goodkind gaf discussions are the best discussions. Since its mostly just Salazar quoting excerpts from his books and everyone else laughing at them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I sincerely hope this is how he actually writes, by cutting himself dipping things in... tar?

Salazar

Are you gonna do another recap?

I've got a conference in the days after the release, but I've already written my paper for it. Should be free to do it.

Terry says it's a major novel and a "103 chapter epic".

As we have seen, his concept of a chapter can refer to a span of two or three pages. But still. I hold out hope for castration, sweaty demon sex, torture rods, nipple slicing, philosophising in angry tones and radically unclear terms.

Man is looking increasingly sinister as he ages.

sbiNE.jpg

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Tormund over at westeros has started the new book and is providing chapter summaries (and entertainment)! 

Choose death and go here

Salazar

Where is the thing available ? I'm not seeing it on Amazong.

Edit: Aha, bought. Ready to go. Will just carry on in this thread.

Hmmm, there is a prefatory message.

WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT

This is an author self-published release. It is supported directly by you, the reader. Your purchase is vital to the success of this novel and our ability to continue offering these stories.

Thank you for purchasing The First Confessor

No worries, TG. Bust dem shackles.

lmao,

This is a work of fiction.

All characters portrayed in this book are either fictitious or are used fictitiously.

Put down the phone, ye wizards, dragons, winged wookies. Call off the lawsuits.

Limedust

Evil chickens.

This is the precise moment in the series where I shut the book, said "Holy shit, Terry! Really?" and stopped reading. Not that this part was any worse than the numerous volumes before it, just more of a gradual build to that particular straw.

FWIW, I enjoyed the television series in the same way I enjoyed the Xena series. Pure, over-the-top hilarity.

Salazar

CHAPTER 1

THE FORMATTING OF THIS BOOK IS FUCKED UP, YO.

eKFmo.jpg

”I have heard it told,” the old woman* confided, “that there be those walking among us who can do more than merely speak with the dead.”

*Alarm fucken bells. Accept no food. Watch her hands. Know where the exits are.

Magda looks up, and the old woman is leaning over her shoulder as she talks. She frowns, as well she might. Dangerous shit. Not a world in which you want folks sneaking up on you mumbling about necromancy.

She asks Tilly (gonna lay a bet that Tilly either kills or is killed) what she is on about.

Tilly (who has faded blue eyes - she’s probably blind. Terry likes his blind characters) says that down in the depths of the Keep (the wizard hangout - we must be at Aydindril. And pause to fucken lol at Aydindril. what the fuck.) there are folks doing dark work speaking with souls.

[We thought we were going to hear about something more gnarly than just talking to the dead, but Terry has switched on us. Fuck.]

Magda tells Tilly to pipe down and stop believing crazy shit.

She stares around the room (probably blind) at dust and sunlight and stuff, and then down at a silver box that apparently holds all her memories.

Which are all she has. Something awful has happened to Magda. Tilly mumbles that she has a contact down in the Keep who knows about what the deadspeakers are doing.

And yes, they are bringing folks back from the dead. Tilly wants to tell Magda

”that maybe you could have brought him back”

Which is a pretty braindead/callous thing to say. Magda refrains from slapping/zapping/choking out Tilly and merely asks her what the fuck. Kindly, what the fuck now.

They chat about how benign Magda has been towards Tilly, a mere servant. Magda pats her hand and tells her

”We are all noble, Tilly. Every life is . . .”

Magda had to swallow, fearing that another word would put her over the edge.

“Precious,” Tilly finished for her.

Bleurgh. She continues, telling Tilly that when life is done, it’s done. This is patently untrue in the Goodkindiverse. And she kinda knows it.

Tilly doesn’t swallow it. Insists that her friend down in the Keep has seen wizards working for the war effort bring souls back, reverse death. And that she feels like Magda could make it happen for Baraccus [a wizard, we’ve heard that name before. He was a Temple of the Winds maverick], who was Magda’s husband.

Magda pretty much shuts her down. Sends her out. Tilly limps towards the door, still suffering from a broken hip that has never quite healed.*

*Bullshit. Watch for her sudden agility in later chapters. Old woman is a panther.

Magda contemplates that Baraccus had already gone to the Land of the Dead once, and had come back. Doesn’t seem plausible (for some reason) that he could do it again*.

*Book it. Baraccus is coming back. Maybe as Nasty Baraccus. Or pseudo-Baraccus.

Tilly suggests, hovering by the door, that Magda visit “a spiritist”. Oh Terry. You are not good at words. She says that Magda, although she has super-long hair and is the widow of the First Wizard, might be in danger now that he is gone. Might not be respected. Perhaps advice from Baraccus-in-the-beyond could help her handle herself. Heaven forbid she manage to hold it together on her own. A husband, even if dead, is essential.

Seems like Baraccus might have committed suicide. Magda sits and looks at the silver box, wondering why he had “done what he did”. Tilly calls out, and when she looks up she sees

Men, their faces in shadow, their hands clasped, stood out in the doorway.

“There are . . . visitors come to see you, Mistress”

Magda seems to know them. She isn’t afraid, exactly, but wary and tired. And she knows Baraccus would want her to be strong.

As soon as all seven of them glided* into the room, Tilly hurried away, closing the door behind her

*Walked elegantly, I guess.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp. We’re away. Magda doesn’t seem to have powers - I guess she is going to acquire the Confessor gift at some point over the course of this book. Tilly is going to get herself killed. No doubt. If her limp is legit, and her eyes are truly a bit hazy, she is at a laughable disadvantage. The seven folks who came into the room are probably wizards. Hence gliding. Hence Magda’s trepidation, because they will do magic shit, which usually involves pain for women. No idea about the silver box. Maybe it’s Baraccus’s ashes. War ? Presumably against other wizards. Bodes well, though. Even Terry can’t make a magical war tedious. Holes will be blasted through midriffs. Guts will fly.

That was actually a somewhat meaty chapter, compared to the two-page drool he served up in The Omen Machine.

Bodycount: Technically 1, Baraccus. Count it as 0.25. I feel like I knew him. He should register on the deathometer.

Sexy Times: 0. Not even close. Seven men alone in a room with a widow is a classic Goodkind setup, though.

Salazar

Chapter 2

cBp3z.jpg

Magda slides the silver box to one side, leaving it with a collection of smithing tools, semi-precious stones that had belonged to Baraccus - which he had used to craft a War Wizard amulet.

When she had asked its purpose, he had said that it was an ever-present reminder of his calling come to pass, his talent, his duty, and his reason for being. He said that it represented a war wizard’s prime directive: to cut the attacker* down, to cut them down to their very soul. The ruby red stone in the center of the intricate lines represented the blood of the enemy

*Or the innocent. Makes no odds to a War Wizard.

Baraccus had left it behind when he jumped to his death off the side of the Wizard’s Keep. Several thousand feet - whoosh.

She looks up at the seven men, and recognises six of them as councilmen.

There was another man with them, his face shadowed by the hood of his loose brown habit. As they came closer, into the weak light leaking around the closed shutters, the seventh man pushed the cowl back to rest on his rounded shoulders. The man’s black eyes* were fixed on her, the way a vulture’s steady gaze fixed on a suffering animal. Men often stared at her, but not in this way.

HOLD THE FUCK UP. ALARM. ALARM. Black eyes ? How can he possibly be anything but super-evil ?

Black-eyes is Lothain, head prosecutor.

His features looked firm and densely packed, as if every part of the man was as hard as his reputation

Sexy talk.

Lothain has been carrying out treason charges against the Temple of the Winds team - the mob who took lots of magic stuff into the temple and then vanished it all away into the underworld. They apparently went a bit too far - hence the charges. One hundred wizards have been beheaded so far.

Lothain’s badass credentials just keep on rising. He went into the underworld to check out what was going on. Wasn’t able to fix anything, but it’s still tough.

He asks Magda why her husband killed himself. Why, with such a pretty wife, would he jump ?

Magda says she dunno.

”Really,” Lothain said in a drawl as he touched his chin and gazed off in thought.

Drawling and black eyes = Jagang, roid-rager who liked to eat fried chicken and torment nude sorceresses. TG obviously means for us to remember this. Lothain is going to kick some ass. Lothain has the Jagang physique, too. Bull-neck.

Magda asks Lothain what he is doing in her room, and he snaps back that he will ask the questions. She knows that he is right: that she will have to co-operate, even if he does seem like a categorically menacing sonofabitch.

-------------------------------------------------------

Good stuff. We have a villain already. You don’t get black eyes and stay legit. You don’t go to the underworld and come back without being fucked up. And beheading all those wizards is a Richard-esque move. Lothain doesn’t give a fuck. He is already cooler than most of the folks in TG’s previous book. Baraccus seems like the originator of Richard’s dippy tendency to go into a brutal trance with the sword - CUT SLASH CUT JUST CUT rabble rabble.

Lothain is going to try to kill/rape Magda. She needs those powers already. Seeing as TG published this himself, there's no reason for him not to rock out with his early style.

Bodycount: 0.25
Sexy Times: 0.5. Seems like Lothain’s Thing rose when interrogating Magda.

Salazar

Book is already a startling improvement on The Omen Machine.

Self-publishing is manly as fuck. It's the woods-guide way to write. The war wizard, wind-in-your-hair, way to operate as a novelist.

Salazar

Chapter 3

Magda smooths her dress and tells Lothain to get to the point.

He flicked a finger out towards the shutters. “Well, there is the matter of the moon turning red.” Lothain strolled off a few paces and then turned back. “After I failed to gain access to the Temple of the Winds, others, presumably with abilities more effective for such a specialized undertaking than I, also made the journey. None of them returned”.

Basically, they just chucked wizard after wizard into the underworld and wondered why none of them were coming back. Clever. The moon turning red (although a red moon is not uncommon or unnatural in the real world) is the worst thing ever in the Goodkindiverse. It’s a symbolic gut-punch. Means the world is magically screwed.

Lothain gives Magda another “vulture looking at scraps of meat” stare. I think we all know what’s on his mind.

Turns out Baraccus chose the wizards who went on this doomed journey, one after the other. Lothain thinks, and has the temerity to say, that he might have meant for them to fail - that Baraccus might have sabotaged the effort.

Hard as she could, Magda slapped the man across his face

Lothain don’t care. A man with black eyes can take a slap. He nods, obviously filing this for reference when he gets down to business with Magda in later chapters. He mock-apologises for his rudeness.

Magda insists that Baraccus chose the best wizards for the job, and that it broke his heart that they didn’t come back. And eventually he himself went down.

Lothain asks if Baraccus made it into the Temple. Magda lies, saying she doesn’t know. Baraccus told her he did, and told her a bunch of other stuff she’s not going to tell Lothain. Which is risky. This motherfucker might be able to read minds. Interpose himself in dreams.

”You know, I’ve always been curious. Why would . . .” His frown returned as his black eyes again fixed on her. “Well, why would a man of such extraordinary ability, a gifted war wizard, a man whose talents included everything from combat to prophecy, why would a man like that marry a woman who had no ability at all ? I mean, other than . . .” He let his gaze wander down her body.

I believe this passes for a come-on in Goodkind. Lothain is totally into her. This is going to get awkward. She can’t explode him with magic or suck out his brains with a touch.

Magda starts to cry. She says that Baraccus loved her.

Lothain gives a villainous snort. What is love. Ptchah. You feeble creature.

One of the councillors, Sadler, steps in and tells Lothain to ask some meaningful questions or pack it in. Lothain accedes, and asks Magda if she knows about Baraccus having secret meetings with the enemy.

Magda could feel her face go red with rage. “Get out”.

And Lothain goes, pausing to drop some glib insinuations about how convenient it was that Baraccus left just when the enemy pressed their attacks, and how the moon still being red means that whatever Baraccus did had no positive effect.

Magda keeps angrily quiet. Lothain grins and warns her that he is thinking about cutting off her head. Presumably he will want to sex her up first.

------------------------------------

Lothain is quality. A proper evil character. Smug. Probably got insane powers. Committed with a quivering determination to doing something sexy/violent to Magda. The councillors are obviously weaklings. Irrelevant. Lothain runs this shit. And there is no Richard around to punch his spine out through his back. Magda's principal ally is fucken Tilly.

Bodycount: 0.5
Sexy Times: 1. Tensiooon.

Salazar

Chapter 4

Lothain is gone. Councilman Sadler apologises to Magda for Lothain being such a swaggering badass.

Magda says no worries, but she hopes the council doesn’t support this notion about Baraccus having been a treasonous rotter.

Sadness softened his expression. “Baraccus was a good man. We all miss him. I fear that bitter sorrow over recent events may have clouded Lothain’s better judgement”.

This is obviously drivel. The other councillors all nod. Lothain doesn’t seem sorrowful at all. He’s having the time of his life. He’s probably kicking it in Aydindril’s red light district.

Councilman Cadell touches Magda on the shoulder and says she has to understand that all the little people out on the streets are terrified. Red moon. Wizards dying. War. They gossip, and Lothain is merely acting on their behalf.

Magda says it’s a bit stupid for him to be working as an instrument of public speculation. She has a point. But the councilmen are morons. They give a bureaucratic shrug.

”So what would be the purpose of this visit from the council ? Have you all come to discuss some of the matters I have pending before you ?”

They haven’t. She has no power anymore. She just hasn’t realised it yet. Baraccus leaping off the Keep has left her in the lurch. They shuffle their feet and say they have some other things to handle. Can’t bring themselves to tell her straight.

What they’ve come here to do, as Magda knew all along, is cut off her hair. Her status symbol.

”Do it, then,” she said in a voice finally gone lifeless and empty. “Carry out your critical custom. And then leave me be.” What did it matter anymore ?

She hears whispers in her head, the good spirits telling her seductively that life with Baraccus in the underworld would be killer, would be preferable to hanging out with Lothain and these guys. They let her keep her hair just above her shoulders. What this means, she knows, is that she will no longer be able to talk about important social issues to the council and be taken seriously. She’s devastated.

She tells Cadell to place the hair somewhere public so people can see it. Weird.

The councilmen file out. Magda feels terrible.

---------------------------------------------------

Pretty slow going without Lothain around. Magda’s pretty much fucked, though. No powers + no hair + no wizard husband. She could get taken down by a castle rat, never mind super-Lothain. The levelling-up required for her to survive this book, let alone do shit that earns her a position as its hero: I mean, goddamn. It needs to happen fast, and it needs to be enormous.

Sexy Times: 1, unless you got some kinda fetish.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Why does he end chapters in the middle of conversations? It makes sense when other authors do it because they usually switch to another character's story for a while and then come back, thus allowing the tension of the cliffhanger to build. Why on earth would you end a chapter in the middle of a conversation only to pick up on the very next page?

Salazar

Chapter 5

5ghcz.jpg

Warm summer air rising up the towering outer keep wall and spilling over onto the rampart ruffled Magda’s shortened hair, pulling strands around in front of her face. As she made her way along the deserted rampart, she reached up and drew her hair back. It felt strange, foreign, to her touch now that it only just brushed her shoulders rather than going down to the small of her back.

She reflects on how big a deal this is. It’s the central axis of social judgement in Goodkindland. It means people will listen to you, do what you say, potentially refrain from raping you.

She had cared about Baraccus, not how long she was allowed to grow her hair simply because she was married to him.

Well, that’s good, I guess. She’s not utterly vacuous. It feels like TG means that as a sentence of substantial moral praise.

Wait, wait. Sudden change of heart. She feels good that the hair is gone. She feels free. Who cares ?

She looks out over Aydindril. The wind tugs at her. It’s really far down, as Baraccus found out.

These massive battlements where she stood had watched her husband’s life end. This was the very spot where he had stood in the last precious moments of his life. She thought, fleetingly, that she didn’t want to follow him, but the whispers from the back of her mind overwhelmed those doubts. What else was there for her ?

Make your fucken mind up. God DAMN.

She anguishes over Baraccus, who had been torn up inside by the general misery of the war. She feels guilt at the idea of leaving behind those who had depended on her.

The night wisps, for example. lol. The poor ickle magical fireflies.

Her life no longer had a noble purpose, except to herself.

And at that moment her own life meant nothing to her but insufferable anguish with no end in sight. She felt as if she was caught up in a raging torrent of sorrow. She just wanted the hopeless agony to end. Inner whispers urged her to end the suffering.

---------------------------------------------------

Pfffffffft. Transitional shit. Buffer chapter. If we’re going to care about your emotions, you got to decide what you feel and stick to it for more than a microsecond, girl.

At least Kahlan had some grit. Magda needs to muscle up.

Sexy Times: 1, unless you got some kinda fetish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom