• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That's No Moon Working on a 3rd Person Military Shooter

Roufianos

Barakov

arnold schwarzenegger surprise GIF

Three

tmns-768x400.jpg.webp

"According to That’s No Moon, their first project would be a third-person action-adventure AAA single-player game"

I don't see any information relating it to SOCOM or a preexisting series.

Roufianos

tmns-768x400.jpg.webp

"According to That’s No Moon, their first project would be a third-person action-adventure AAA single-player game"

I don't see any information relating it to SOCOM or a preexisting series.

Guess it could be single player with a MP component, as with the other Socom games. Maybe Spec Ops? Can't really think of any other military shooters besides Ghost Recon.

Perrott

Guys, it's not SOCOM.

That's No Moon received a 100M investment from Smilegate, owners of the popular Korean military multiplayer FPS Crossfire, for which Remedy developed a poorly received singleplayer campaign - Crossfire X - a few years ago.

What we're looking at here is without a doubt a cinematic, third-person shooter take on the series, which Smilegate is likely funding with the goal of making Crossfire a thing in the Western home console and PC gaming market.

Last edited:

Roufianos

Guys, it's not SOCOM.

That's No Moon received a 100M investment from Smilegate, owners of the popular Korean military multiplayer FPS Crossfire, for which Remedy developed a poorly received singleplayer campaign - Crossfire X - a few years ago.

What we're looking at here is without a doubt a cinematic, third-person shooter take on the series, which Smilegate is likely funding with the goal of making Crossfire a thing in the Western home console and PC gaming market.
Ah make sense, thanks.

To be fair, as long as there's some multiplayer component, I'm still hyped. Socom has been gone so long a reinvention would be the same as a new IP anyway.

Last edited:

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Thanks for posting! Got a few juicy stuff (I don't think it's as big as our BioShock 4 screenshot thing) incoming in a few days' time. :)

Top Bottom