• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2010 Academy Awards of Something Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

noisome07

Banned
yo its not even on yet, look for yourself on streaming websites? lol

the only way you're gonna watch this if you dont have tv is on jtv or ustream.

Wes said:
image-6A58_4B943CDB.jpg

"Even when I lose, I win."

wizword

Banned
Hurtlocker is a bad movie technically. Surprised it is the highest chance besides avatar to win best picture. The pacing is horrible, the movie story felt never really was coherent and they made an excuse to wrap all the mini stories up by having a symbol of time which really bothers me. I would say that up in air was written better in terms of getting both a story and themes immediate. The movie was enjoyable to watch but it was also telling a story effectively. I foudn that, hurt locker failed to make an enjoyable story and put you into that world which is what a movie is supposed to do in the first place. I would say that it was the worst of all the oscar nominated movies.

Barrett2

My only problem with Hurt Locker is I didn't find Renner's character entirely believable. He is supposed to have defused almost 1,000 dangerous explosives, yet in every instance the audience watches his work he is reckless and borderline out of control. I found it to be yet another movie in which the characters act in an unrealistic way for the purpose of advancing the plot. I enjoyed it, but...

wizword said:
Hurtlocker is a bad movie technically. Surprised it is the highest chance besides avatar to win best picture. The pacing is horrible, the movie story felt never really was coherent and they made an excuse to wrap all the mini stories up by having a symbol of time which really bothers me. I would say that up in air was written better in terms of getting both a story and themes immediate. The movie was enjoyable to watch but it was also telling a story effectively. I foudn that, hurt locker failed to make an enjoyable story and put you into that world which is what a movie is supposed to do in the first place. I would say that it was the worst of all the oscar nominated movies.

Cant say I agree, I feel I got a good view into the pressure that the soldiers have to deal with over there.

I guess Avatar will probably win. I don't get it. I didn't think it was that spectacular.

I want The Hurt Locker or Inglorious Basterds to win something.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
SnowWolf said:
Am I the only one flabbergasted that 100k people are watching the red carpet stream? Does this happen every year?

I gave up on it after I realized all they're doing is talking about dresses now.

Chichikov

Tarantino is such an egomaniac.

Best compliment you can give to Waltz is "it's one of the greatest characters I've ever wrote"?

WillyFive

SnowWolf said:
Am I the only one flabbergasted that 100k people are watching the red carpet stream? Does this happen every year?

Everybody watches the Red Carpet.

It's the actual show that nobody watches.

Zeliard

Chichikov said:

Best compliment you can give to Waltz is "it's one of the greatest characters I've ever wrote"?

He's given huge props to Waltz before, though, basically saying that he couldn't have done the movie without him.

harSon

Banned
Chichikov said:

See, even Tarantino agrees with me, the character had more to do with his writing than Waltz's ability to bring the character to life :)

Chichikov said:

He's stated that the movie wouldn't exist without him plenty of times before =\

BowieZ

Banned
OMG LOL @ Clooney telling it like it is "These days you pretty much know who's gonna win by now... Vera's not gonna win and I'm not gonna win..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom