• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2010 Academy Awards of Something Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocle

Dead said:
In the end, Avatar and Inglorious Basterds will both be remembered for a far longer time than Hurt Locker. :)
I'm certain that'll be true for me, at least.

OneEightZero said:
You won't be disappointed. ^_^
Well, here's hoping. The last war movie I saw that really stuck with me was The Thin Red Line.

Seems like someone isn't happy with the Hurt Locker winning:

2qu690n.png

EDIT: It's just been changed back

wizword

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
There was no way D9 was going to win, so I'm happy with THL winning. Anything but James Cameron's Avatar, a film by James Cameron, written and directed by James Cameron, All Hail James Cameron! :lol
Avatar wasn't that great but it was certainly better than the hurt locker. District 9, An education, and 500 days of summer were all better. Even Inglorious Basterds.

I actually tried to watch The Hurt Locker On Demand when ABC was still off the air in my town, but I guess the overabundance of orders since they were free must have knocked Movies On Demand out.

Teddman

Dead said:
In the end, Avatar and Inglorious Basterds will both be remembered for a far longer time than Hurt Locker. :)
Absolutely. It's like the Annie Hall win over Star Wars, or Chariots of Fire over Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Dead

well not really...yet
Karma Kramer said:
I am fine with Avatar losing best picture, would have liked A Serious Man or Basterds to win, but I don't get why so many people hate on Cameron, when he's pretty much like a nerd like most of us.
Internet nerds can't stand it when other people than themselves are successful

Snipes424

jey_16 said:
Avatar destroyed :lol.....more meltdowns please

Let's see.. would I rather have a gold statue, saying my movie is cool or...

would I rather have a navy of yachts?

... I think I'll take the yachts

I actually thought the show was all around pretty great content wise (other than the dance thing wtf). But the set design, camera pans/cuts, and overall direction was turrrible.

black_13

Banned
ok Oscars redeemed themselves at the end. Just Avatar getting nominated for best picture/director was a bit of a stretch.

Now I gotta watch the Hurt Locker to see if it was deserved.

-htownplaya- said:
this was his masterpiece :(
yeah, I doubt he'll ever win for best director or best picture, oh well

How many great movies did Scorsese have before he won?

Exactly.

If Quentin keeps working at movies he'll get there.

Helmholtz

Kaeru said:
What is it with THL??
Ive seen it, it was ok but in no way a fantastic movie....did I miss some essential part of it? Did I miss the message? What is it about this movie??
I havent seen anyone here on GAF give it love either..
It's overrated.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
With Hurt Locker winning, no one will remember it in 10 years. So we can hide the shame. With Avatar, we wouldn't be able too.

Yeah for Hurt Locker!

Peru

Teddman said:
Absolutely. It's like the Annie Hall win over Star Wars, or Chariots of Fire over Raiders of the Lost Ark.

You mean in the way that Annie Hall is better than Star Wars and considered a major film classic? Not that The Hurt Locker is that good, but it's ten times better than the piece of shit Avatar which should not have been nominated and never would've if it wasn't so expensive that it covered up its worst weaknesses.

jey_16

Banned
noisome07 said:
uh, meltdowns? im sure there would be at least 1 meltdown if you know... avatar would have won. you blind or what?

dude.....i meant Avatar was destroyed, i want the meltdowns from the Cameron fanatics

Monocle

:lol at the Avatar .gifs.

I think the most controversial win of the night was easily Sandra Bullock's, and I have a feeling most movie critics will agree in their post-Oscar analyses.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Regulus Tera said:
Eh, I still maintain it should have been Fellowship of the Ring that got all the praise.

I think most people realized the first movie was the best of the 3. I think there was a fear at the time that the trilogy would nab 2 or 3 of the awards and people would get tired of the Lord of the Rings movies winning everything.

There was a sharp drop off (IMO) of the quality of the last two movies that probably would have prevented that from happening. But I think everyone realized those movies had to win *something* before their run was over.

neoism

Dead said:
This.... I'll remember this Oscar's as Crash 2.0! The Hurt Locker wasn't that great... Kathryn is hot though!

McNei1y

Lion Heart said:
I'm so happy for Evangeline Lilly, Oscar award winning movie bitches!

:lol For her 3 lines in the movie?

Hurt Locker was easily my favorite movie of last year though. I'm glad it won.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
neoism said:
This.... I'll remember this Oscar's as Crash 2.0! The Hurt Locker wasn't that great... Kathryn is hot though!

Never thought I'd disagree with you about something...

At least we still have Evangeline. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom