• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
Hey, his radio show is pretty good. Beats any of the shit that is on ESPN radio during the day.

Back like 10 years ago when it was TK into Dan Patrick, that was awesome radio. Both of those guys have become freaking terrible since those good old days. Sigh...

Thankfully, ESPN Milwaukee is almost all local programming now.

chuckddd said:
MSU has been terrible all year. Why is this some sort of surprise?
State unleashing hell and inexplicably tearing through the bracket is a March tradition.

But yes, other than that you're completely correct.

Summers playing awesome?
Give it to the rookies.

Kiebler getting burned on defense?
Keep him on the best player.

Genius. Focking genius.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
Knux-Future said:
But I had Mich St in the elite 8

Surprised that so many people have MSU going deep. Both of the PTI guys have them in the Final Four, I think.

They've been poor all season...why would that change now?

jjasper

bucknuticus said:
This, I had them losing in all my brackets. Everyone was way too hyped on them.

Typical overestimation of Big East teams. Same stuff happened last year. Although I will say I didn't see the Louisville loss coming.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
bucknuticus said:
This, I had them losing in all my brackets. Everyone was way too hyped on them.

I had them losing, as well. DJ Kennedy out...that is 10 ppg gone. That hurts.

Still a lot of time, but that is tough to overcome.

This Gonzaga team is awesome to watch, has to be Stockton aura. Utah State sucks. At least those pale, old, midgets aren't wearing face-guards this year and I predicted them to lose in the first round.

State showing the slightest hint of a pulse.

They need to push tempo like they're race car drivers for the rest of the game if they want any real chance at a comeback.

e: Dear god they're so bad in the half court. Really miss Lucious.

bluemax

Banned
I've been watching the USU and Kstate game with no sound, why do they keep flashing to a fat guy with a really red face?

Sir Pant said:
Mizzou playing like we typically do on the road, taking quick shitty shots and not playing enough defense.

Ratliff is lazy. I would sit him down and make him watch hours and hours of tape showcasing Demarre Carrol and how he contributes on both sides of the ball. Bowers is a great player, and he would get better if we had a legitimate big guy playing with him.

The other big problem is our guards wanna take a few dribbles, juke back and forth and then passes to another guard who also feels a need to make sure the ball has air in it, juke back and....well you get the picture.

Fatalah

I miss DJ, the first half was TORTURE. I'm waiting for an offensive rhythm to develop for my Redmen. Tonight reminds me of playing Syracuse last week. Not good.

Dammit, this is the second straight year where I correctly pick a 12/13 upset but pick the wrong teams.

Of course, I didn't make any picks until about an hour before tipoff, so I'm not too torn up about it.

jakncoke

Banned
Frankman you keep St.Johns in the f4? backfire am total if they end up losing

Edit: woah who had Old Dominion winning the tourney lol

Edit: ouch someone lost Louisville national champion

This color guy needs to be fired if he thinks that shot should count. He's allowed to protect himself by hanging on the rim but that is without a doubt goaltending.

bigtroyjon said:
This color guy needs to be fired if he thinks that shot should count. He's allowed to protect himself by hanging on the rim but that is without a doubt goaltending.
Apparently the refs should be fired too!

I mean, there's no way they know the rules better than some message board guy

Elfforkusu said:
Apparently the refs should be fired too!

I mean, there's no way they know the rules better than some message board guy

I don't think the refs saw what happened, once you contact any part of the basket while the ball is within the cylinder its goaltending.

bigtroyjon said:
I don't think the refs saw what happened, once you contact any part of the basket while the ball is within the cylinder its goaltending.
I'm familiar with offensive goaltending. But the dude would've paralyzed himself had he let go before he did. Also, every ref was looking at the play when it happened, and they had a full 2 minute timeout to figure out the call.

State made it interesting, at least.

jakncoke said:
Just noticed MSU broke it into single digits, late run march madness run incoming/occurring?
Nah, just making it respectable.

bucknuticus said:
Did the ucla team get the group discount on one arm sleeve tattoos?
And highlighter yellow shoes.

Should be an automatic disqualification right there

SamuraiX- said:
Michigan State is learning the hard way that you can't just play with heart for 20 minutes and expect to win the game.
That's silly, they'd already know that if they'd just watch some Illini game tape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom