• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
I was smiling inside at all the people that lost MSU on a deep projection, then i realized i had them as s16.. more lost points FFFFFF

IGotBillySoSpooked said:
Shit just got real - 4 points with 45 left.
Eh, still a two possession game. If it drops to one UCLA can start getting nervous.

But State has to be just wiped out at this point, don't know how much Izzo has in his bag of tricks.

Elfforkusu said:
I'm familiar with offensive goaltending. But the dude would've paralyzed himself had he let go before he did. Also, every ref was looking at the play when it happened, and they had a full 2 minute timeout to figure out the call.

Apparently you aren't that familiar with it, goaltending has nothing to do with somebody needing to hang on the rim to protect themselves. That rule is only about technical fouls.

claviertekky said:
No, we B1G fans follow each other.
Well, MSU more than anybody else. Can't help but love the way they play, particularly in March.

The reckless fast breaking, relentless offensive rebounding, openly combative collision-seeking... so awesome.

Valiant effort by MSU, but I think it's too little, too late.

Still a few seconds to play with here though. Prove me wrong, Sparty!

EDIT: Well, fuck me, another 3.

OMG serious?

This would be the greatest theft in the history of the tournament! And I hope they do it, 'cause I don't want to lose a Final Four team on the 1st day.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
That foul before the inbounds is a stupid rule.

I would have done that in the first place if I was MSU. They'll probably miss the shots, then you can win or tie it.

SamuraiX-

IGotBillySoSpooked said:

I would have done that in the first place if I was MSU. They'll probably miss the shots, then you can win or tie it.

Either way it's not easy to bring the ball up the court in 4 seconds and get a quality look.

Edit: what a fucking dumb ass, he had a man running in front of him.

Lame ending. Sad to see State go down. At least they gave us a taste, though.

bigtroyjon said:
Apparently you aren't that familiar with it, goaltending has nothing to do with somebody needing to hang on the rim to protect themselves. That rule is only about technical fouls.
The refs are allowed to review any potential goaltending calls at the dead ball. Cite

Given the commercial break, it's likely they did take a quick look (though TV didn't show it, so who knows).

giga

This is completely awesome. I was so absorbed watching the MSU game on my computer that I forgot about this other one. Get the march madness app asap.

yjhmy

wow. thank god.

UCLA missed 7 of 8 FTs before those final 2. 8 of 10 to close. Pathetic.

Talk about getting by the skin of your teeth.

IGotBillySoSpooked said:

Seriously, why don't teams do that all the time late in the game?

And... game. Ends on a traveling call. Wow.

ryan-ts

Canada has terrible coverage this year, TSN not even switching to the MSU-UCLA game. The Score does the tournament justice, TSN is damn clueless.

sumo390

Anyone who watched any UCLA games this year knew they would let MSU back in it. Team seriously only plays 20 minutes of good basketball per game. Really frustrating all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom