• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elfforkusu said:
Kinda a weak travel call, and it's not like he was in a workable situation anyway what with 3 defenders on top of him. No sense in raging at him!
A weak travel call? He took like 5 steps.

Fjordson

Damn. Only had MSU winning one game, but shit. St. John's, too. After getting the Richmond/Vandy game right my first round has gone downhill.

claviertekky said:
To be fair, it was 24-42 at the half. You can't let that happen.
That is true. The matchups were godawful and Izzo should be ashamed.

Elfforkusu said:
Kinda a weak travel call, and it's not like he was in a workable situation anyway what with 3 defenders on top of him. No sense in raging at him!
I'm more bummed with Izzo relying on him for anything the way he played the entire game.

It's a fitting end to a wholly mediocre season.

johnny_park said:
A weak travel call? He took like 5 steps.
He took 2 or 3 before the dribble/whistle, I'd have to see another replay since I changed the channel.

Weak because you see guys with uncalled happy feet all the time. In this case it's irrelevant, there was no chance he was making it through that crowd.

jakncoke

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
Can someone explain to me why everyone was so high on St. John's?

Because of how they performed late in the season again high competition. Without the late season run against high teams they wouldn't even be in let alone a 6 seed

Damn I had MSU beating UCLA; that's what I get for being stubborn about the team. Buffalo Wilds Wings was going crazy during the last 5 minutes of the game. Great comeback attempt.

jakncoke said:
lol damn kst on the season 64% from the line. that has to be close to the worst in the country

its not but at one time they were. in the non conference games they were in the 50s but in big 12 games they raised it some

SamuraiX-

What the fuck...

That Green guy from Utah State who hit that 2 looks like the product of my one time fucking around with the character creation feature in NBA 2K9.

1 Hot Dog! We have a Weiner! 14 - - - - Kansas 14 190
1 Wheels Against The World 14 - - - - Ohio St. 14 188
1 Dawg Pound All the Way 14 - - - - Washington 14 188
1 Carr Kurupts 14 - - - - Syracuse 14 188
5 The Winna! 13 - - - - Ohio St. 13 187
5 Fjordon's bracket 13 - - - - Kansas 13 187
5 Cal to win it all 13 - - - - Ohio St. 13 187
5 Mungo's Bracket 13 - - - - Duke 13 187
5 Jimmer's Bob Saget Impression 13 - - - - Kansas 13 187
5 bracket1 13 - - - - Kansas 13 187
5 andycapps 13 - - - - Ohio St. 13 185
5 Outlawedprod 13 - - - - Purdue 13 185
5 Sir Pant 13 - - - - Kansas 13 181
5 helloresolven 13 - - - - Pittsburgh 13 181
5 GCQuinton 13 - - - - Kansas 13 173
16 One Million Dollars 12 - - - - Notre Dame 12 188 <--------me

I have all my sweet 16 still intact! I'm tied for 2nd with 4 other people for most possible points left with 188. I'll take the same performance again tomorrow...4 losses if my S16 stays intact. It was a good day of basketball. Morehead and Gonzaga won...I have both going to the S16. Whew.

Well, I finish 11 out of 16 on my picks today, on top of being 4 for 4 on the First Four In games. Pretty good start. I wish I would've entered the GAF pick 'em now!

15 of my 16 Sweet Sixteen teams are still good, the only exception being Vandy, who I picked over Louisville. So that game was screwed anyway.

SamuraiX-

Aw, man. I just checked my bracket and I realized I chose Utah State over Kansas State. I swear I heard somebody say don't buy into the Utah State hype and I thought I listened... meh

12 of 16 at the end of the day.

I'm gonna say that's not bad considering I don't follow a lick of college bball.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Fitting end for a miserable season for MSU. Reminds me a little of the Turner dagger that Michigan had to endure at the end of last year.

I also wouldn't mind some bragging rights if Michigan somehow goes deeper into the tournament than the Spartans.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
ErasureAcer said:
1 Hot Dog! We have a Weiner! 14 - - - - Kansas 14 190
1 Wheels Against The World 14 - - - - Ohio St. 14 188
1 Dawg Pound All the Way 14 - - - - Washington 14 188
1 Carr Kurupts 14 - - - - Syracuse 14 188
5 The Winna! 13 - - - - Ohio St. 13 187
5 Fjordon's bracket 13 - - - - Kansas 13 187
5 Cal to win it all 13 - - - - Ohio St. 13 187
5 Mungo's Bracket 13 - - - - Duke 13 187
5 Jimmer's Bob Saget Impression 13 - - - - Kansas 13 187
5 bracket1 13 - - - - Kansas 13 187
5 andycapps 13 - - - - Ohio St. 13 185
5 Outlawedprod 13 - - - - Purdue 13 185
5 Sir Pant 13 - - - - Kansas 13 181
5 helloresolven 13 - - - - Pittsburgh 13 181
5 GCQuinton 13 - - - - Kansas 13 173
16 One Million Dollars 12 - - - - Notre Dame 12 188 <--------me

I have all my sweet 16 still intact! I'm tied for 2nd with 4 other people for most possible points left with 188. I'll take the same performance again tomorrow...4 losses if my S16 stays intact. It was a good day of basketball. Morehead and Gonzaga won...I have both going to the S16. Whew.

I'd say Morehead to the S16 is looking pretty good.

I also have Gonzaga to S16. That should be a pretty good game against BYU on Saturday.

Only upset seed wise I have tomorrow is VCU over Georgetown. Big games on my board beyond that one are George Mason over Villanova as I have GM to the S16 and Washington over Georgia as I have Washington to the Elite 8. Let's hope my irish luck continues!!! =)

SamuraiX-

ErasureAcer said:
Only upset seed wise I have tomorrow is VCU over Georgetown. Big games on my board beyond that one are George Mason over Villanova as I have GM to the S16 and Washington over Georgia as I have Washington to the Elite 8. Let's hope my irish luck continues!!! =)

That's a pretty fucking ballsy upset.

I also having Washington knocking out Georgia, but that's as far as they go in my bracket. They get to enjoy a nice stomping from North Carolina in the 3rd round.

Bowser

SamuraiX- said:
That's a pretty fucking ballsy upset.

I also having Washington knocking out Georgia, but that's as far as they go in my bracket. They get to enjoy a nice stomping from North Carolina in the 3rd round.

UW is a 7 seed, they are supposed to win against a 10 seed?

SamuraiX-

Bowser said:
UW is a 7 seed, they are supposed to win against a 10 seed?

Georgia could easily be better than their record shows. They play in a more difficult division than Washington.

And by "ballsy" upset I was referring to his picking VCU over Georgetown, hence the bold.

jakncoke said:
Frankman you keep St.Johns in the f4? backfire am total if they end up losing

Edit: woah who had Old Dominion winning the tourney lol

Edit: ouch someone lost Louisville national champion
Changed it to Elite 8

*checks bracket*

well my bracket is fucked to Hell. SEE YOU NEXT YEAR EVERYONE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom