• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Holy shit at Tennessee. I thought Pearl would get them up and picked them in all my brackets.. dude is done.

37-11 in the 2nd half!

jjasper

Meier said:
Holy shit at Tennessee. I thought Pearl would get them up and picked them in all my brackets.. dude is done.

That's your own fault. Should have listened to me all year. Pearl is the reason this team sucks. You can say that it isn't affecting the players but it has affected him. This is the worst coached team I have seen in a long time.

GodfatherX said:
So after today there will be 1 SEC team left?

2 (3 if UGA wins).

bluehat9

I don't even know why I picked Michigan when I filled out my bracket. Right before the game today I thought to myself, "Oh well, that was a throwaway pick, at least it was just an 8/9 game and I'll only lose one point since no one has them beating Duke."

ryan-ts

Beilein has been a god send for Michigan, the players he's getting are pretty good too. Now for Duke....or Hampton.

NewLib

Banned
GodfatherX said:
Is it a sure thing? No

Is it a possibility? Absolutely

Obviously it's possible. I just don't see it. Ucla got really lucky with how shitty msu played in the first half

jjasper

Now that is over I guess I will pour one out for good Pearl (the one from years 1-5). I will say that being on campus when he first arrived and going to games after being terrible for so long was one of the coolest experiences I had in school.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Michigan is the first team in tournament history to win a game without making a free throw. 0 for 1 in the game.

And won by 30.

andycapps

jjasper said:
Now that is over I guess I will pour one out for good Pearl (the one from years 1-5). I will say that being on campus when he first arrived and going to games after being terrible for so long was one of the coolest experiences I had in school.

Didn't he show up to a game or so with his shirt off and had himself painted orange when he first got there? I remember him making quite a stir when he started.

jjasper

andycapps said:
Didn't he show up to a game or so with his shirt off and had himself painted orange when he first got there? I remember him making quite a stir when he started.

That was his second year when the girls were playing Duke in a big game. Him and like 4 or 5 players did it.

His first year he was around campus all the time talking to people asking people to come to the games. I swear if he wasn't at practice he was in either one of the meal halls or in pedestrian areas talking to students.

andycapps

jjasper said:
That was his second year when the girls were playing Duke in a big game. Him and like 4 or 5 players did it.

His first year he was around campus all the time talking to people asking people to come to the games. I swear if he wasn't at practice he was in either one of the meal halls or in pedestrian areas talking to students.

That's awesome though, if he were the coach at my school I'd be pumped (when he did that, not now). Mark Fox at UGA has been doing the same type of thing. Pushing them to cut ticket prices for students, and has spoken a lot at different campus things to try to get students excited about it. Helps that he's really active on Twitter too, and he knows that if he taps into the football fans and gets them interested that it'll only help, so he shows a lot of respect to that.

HeySeuss

bluehat9 said:
I don't even know why I picked Michigan when I filled out my bracket. Right before the game today I thought to myself, "Oh well, that was a throwaway pick, at least it was just an 8/9 game and I'll only lose one point since no one has them beating Duke."
I have Michigan beating Duke. I think they will match up well.

Lonestar said:
Michigan is the first team in tournament history to win a game without making a free throw. 0 for 1 in the game.

And won by 30.
pretty scary that our aggressiveness was so non-existant. I know we like to rely on our shooting, but if your offense is only generating 1 free throw, you're not going to last long in the tournament. the fact that they won by 30 reads like a misprint. Hopefully, they'll be more aggressive against Duke.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's further proof that Tennessee truly just gave up, and gave up early. Sounds like they didn't bother to stand in the way of scoring attempts at all.

Didn't watch the game, but that's how it looks to me. This, and "30 points."

ryan-ts

Dreams-Visions said:
pretty scary that our aggressiveness was so non-existant. I know we like to rely on our shooting, but if your offense is only generating 1 free throw, you're not going to last long in the tournament. the fact that they won by 30 reads like a misprint. Hopefully, they'll be more aggressive against Duke.

Gonna be fun to root for them Sunday regardless, never thought they'd even make the tournament at the beginning of the year.

Back from a Dr. appointment. I see Michigan lit it up in the second half and Texas held on. Me, +2 points...now in 10th place. But then I see Arizona and George Mason losing(two of my S16 teams) and say fuck.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Dreams-Visions said:

Did you actually watch the game? We got to the hole quite bit. There could have been several and 1's that didn't get called and the rest of the time there was nobody in the vicinity to even foul.

They overplayed the passing lanes and we burnt them with back doors. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the way we played today.

Brian Fellows said:
Did you actually watch the game? We got to the hole quite bit.
I did watch the game. Yea, there were several back-door layups and such, but little driving into anyone's body outside of the play to end the first half. It's going to be important to get Duke in foul trouble. can't do that without driving into traffic.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Irving looks like he's months away from being healthy.

No, he's just not in game shape and has a lot of nervous energy. I think he'll play better the next time he's in, and if they get past Michigan on Sunday, he'll be that much better next week.

jjasper

Lonestar said:

Maybe he means if Pearl is gone he will stay and get actual coaching and be able to put his skills to use.

Edit: I actually really don't see why it matters to him. Pearl is not going to be coaching next year even if he isn't fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom