• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Derrick Williams thinks defensive rotations are overrated.

Counting his top three money, he has no time for these children's games.

But let it be said, I hope Zona wins. Arizona / Texas will be very entertaining.

Knux-Future said:
It makes the moments more epic. Nothing kills the moment like a monotone announcer.

Besides dude is a sports fan...he gets hyped. It make most people hype and well hype = good.

Meh. Personally I could do without announcers altogether. Like I said, just let the game and its atmosphere speak. Dude was yelling so loud he was three times as loud as the crowd. Obnoxious. Your point is certainly valid, though.

jjasper

Why would you call timeout there? Arizona has no idea how to get out of the zone and this gives them a chance to make a play.

Edit: And unsurprisingly Arizona had a better set out of the time out. Rookie mistake by Pastner there. And it was Memphiss last TO. Yeah terrible call.

pxleyes

Banned
bucknuticus said:
I thought the whole purpose of the new setup was so you could watch all the games in full.
To a point. They aren't going to have people miss close finishes, period. They will always cut in for that, if for no other reason than to bring your attention to it.

I'm up to 8th place!!!

1 Hot Dog! We have a Weiner! 19 - - - - Kansas 19 189
1 The Winna! 19 - - - - Ohio St. 19 187
1 Carr Kurupts 19 - - - - Syracuse 19 187
1 Dawg Pound All the Way 19 - - - - Washington 19 187
1 Cal to win it all 19 - - - - Ohio St. 19 187
1 helloresolven 19 - - - - Pittsburgh 19 181
1 GCQuinton 19 - - - - Kansas 19 173
8 One Million Dollars 18 - - - - Notre Dame 18 188 <--------------me

2nd highest total of possible points!

Been away from the thread for a few days and it seems that I did not pay nearly enough attention to this season. Picked some stupid calls that I would've changed if I had thought more about the games and knew when the deadline was (didn't know when the first game started). Now I'm dead last. Oh well always next season. At least today is going better for me.

pxleyes said:
To a point. They aren't going to have people miss close finishes, period. They will always cut in for that, if for no other reason than to bring your attention to it.

True. Even the scoreline at the top flashes when a game is coming down to the wire. They will NOT let you miss a finish because your alma mater is blowing out the Sisters of the Poor. Also, everyone doesn't have cable tv

sooperkool said:
True. Even the scoreline at the top flashes when a game is coming down to the wire. They will NOT let you miss a finish because your alma mater is blowing out the Sisters of the Poor. Also, everyone doesn't have cable tv
While I could understand if it was done CBS, this was TNT.

HeySeuss

BertramCooper said:
I can't believe I'm saying this.

Well done, Michigan.

Ugh, it hurts.
Doesn't hurt me to root for Michigan to win. I want them to win every game they play unless its against us.

Plus they beat an SEC team. Where's your big 10 pride?

Meier

Bernard James is a beast. I honestly think due to his age and strength he could go pro and succeed but hopefully he sticks around to get more of a name.

sooperkool said:
For all intents and purposes during the tourney they are CBS. I'm pretty sure they have an agreement stating as such.
What im saying is I would understand if they cut into the game on CBS since like you said some people don't have cable. But it makes no sense to change one cable channel for game on another.

Pollux

bucknuticus said:
Only reason theyre hanging around is because of their tempo. If they start to pick it up they will start getting the doors blown off.

LOL true enough...I meant they NEED to start hitting open shots otherwise this is gonna be a 40+ point blowout.

bucknuticus said:
What im saying is I would understand if they cut into the game on CBS since like you said some people don't have cable. But it makes no sense to change one cable channel for game on another.

Its to be expected with this kind of coverage agreement. Why don't you complain about having to deal with the same commercials too? You missed what 2 minutes?

sooperkool said:
Its to be expected with this kind of coverage agreement. Why don't you complain about having to deal with the same commercials too? You missed what 2 minutes?
While I'm not really angry about it just didn't see why they butted in. Just make little sense to me.

HeySeuss

bucknuticus said:
Dude let it go. It was a possible buzzer beater situation until the foul and they switched it back.

Everybody wants to see a buzzerbeater finish. Plus its not like it was cutting in to a critical time of the game, it was only a couple minutes in, if that.

My bracket is awesome, I picked all the upsets yesterday and almost got the Kentucky one right, so if they go far I'm screwed.

Florida St needs to beat Notre Dame on Sunday. Got that happening too.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
My bracket is taking a beating today - I had Nova, Tennessee and Oakland moving on.

Nova folded under pressure, as usual. They didn't look like they had a clue on offense for the last 6-7 minutes of that game. I've never seen a team so unorganized in the late stages of a game.

Didn't watch the Michigan/Tennessee game or the Texas/Oakland game. Tennessee really failed hard.

Saturday's schedule is up...all times eastern.

Saturday March 19, 2011
Time Away Home National Away TV Home TV
12:15 pm West Virginia #5 Kentucky #4 CBS
2:45 pm UCLA #7 Florida #2 CBS
5:15 pm Morehead St. #13 Richmond #12 CBS
6:10 pm Temple #7 San Diego St. #2 TNT
7:10 pm Butler #8 Pittsburgh #1 TBS
7:45 pm Gonzaga #11 BYU #3 CBS
8:40 pm Kansas St. #5 Wisconsin #4 TNT
9:40 pm Cincinnati #6 Connecticut #3 TBS

Glad to see the Morehead game land on CBS, so I can watch it on my big screen. Gonzaga too!! Have both going to the S16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom