• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if the numerical metrics are used for selections in an influential capacity, you can't apply them to some teams/conferences while dismissing them for others then bitch that yours got left out using that same numerical metric.

Tough titties for Va Tech they got left out because they couldn't win enough games in the regular season. Even if
when
UAB loses this play-in game.

Jay Sosa

And I don't have no fucking idea what I'm doing :D So it kinda makes sense.

Didn't watch too much CBB this year so I didn't put very much thought in it, well except that anyone named Hansbrough basically guarantees a Championship.

Pollux

Out of curiosity does anyone else have Kentucky getting to the Final Four? Or at least past Ohio State?

zmoney said:
Out of curiosity does anyone else have Kentucky getting to the Final Four? Or at least past Ohio State?

Nein, your bench is shorter than our, and ours is already pretty short. Plus our experience will be a huge factor.

Pollux

bucknuticus said:
Nein, your bench is shorter than our, and ours is already pretty short. Plus our experience will be a huge factor.

This is true. However, I would say our starting 5 is better than any other in the tournament. Also Sully, while good, is about 6'8 and was owned by Kanter before the season, and our guys have been practicing against Kanter all season, they'll be ready.

Also I think we're more athletic in the starting 5 than any other team you've played this year.

zmoney said:

This is true. However, I would say our starting 5 is better than any other in the tournament. Also Sully, while good, is about 6'8 and was owned by Kanter before the season, and our guys have been practicing against Kanter all season, they'll be ready.

Also I think we're more athletic in the starting 5 than any other team you've played this year.

The teams more than sully, his height hasnt been whats done him good though, it his width and power. You have to double team him to stop him in the post and as soon as you do that we pop it out to our 1-4 all of who can hit the 3. Then you dont double team him next time and sully will back them down into the post for an easy 2. The thing Sully really excels at though is getting players into foul trouble while not getting in it himself. I think this year he has fouled out of 1 game all together.

BertramCooper said:
OSU's success lies with Jon Diebler.

If he's on, we win it all.

If he struggles, we're fucked.

I would say it more lies in the hands of Bufford, he likes to disappear sometimes and its noticeable. While not as big a factor a smaller one is Thomas, if hes called in off the bench he needs to play much smarter than he has been. As soon as he gets the ball he just jacks up a shot, if he's on he'll hit everything, but if he misses that first one it's a long night because he'll miss everything.

Pollux

BertramCooper said:
OSU's success lies with Jon Diebler.

If he's on, we win it all.

If he struggles, we're fucked.

I would love to see Liggins on Diebler....who would guard Lamb for y'all?

Pollux

bucknuticus said:
The teams more than sully, his height hasnt been whats done him good though, it his width and power. You have to double team him to stop him in the post and as soon as you do that we pop it out to our 1-4 all of who can hit the 3. Then you dont double team him next time and sully will back them down into the post for an easy 2. The thing Sully really excels at though is getting players into foul trouble while not getting in it himself. I think this year he has fouled out of 1 game all together.

People get called for a foul for looking at him wrong. He got all the fouls we wish Cousins got last year.

zmoney said:

People get called for a foul for looking at him wrong. He got all the fouls we wish Cousins got last year.

Cousins never got fouls because his play style is "Bull in China Shop" you don't get to play that way and still get the refs to feel like you're being fouled. Was it Wilt that said "Nobody roots for Goliath"? Theres nothing wrong with that style of play you just give up getting a lot of fouls called.

HeySeuss

bucknuticus said:
I would say it more lies in the hands of Bufford, he likes to disappear sometimes and its noticeable. While not as big a factor a smaller one is Thomas, if hes called in off the bench he needs to play much smarter than he has been. As soon as he gets the ball he just jacks up a shot, if he's on he'll hit everything, but if he misses that first one it's a long night because he'll miss everything.
I'd say our success depends more on Lauderdale getting productive quality minutes and scoring when he can.

Pollux

sooperkool said:
Cousins never got fouls because his play style is "Bull in China Shop" you don't get to play that way and still get the refs to feel like you're being fouled. Was it Wilt that said "Nobody roots for Goliath"? Theres nothing wrong with that style of play you just give up getting a lot of fouls called.

No I agree with you, I'm just saying that we wish that he got some calls last year, thats all.

Hootie

Final Four:

Kansas vs. Pittsburgh
Syracuse vs. UConn

Championship

Kansas vs. UConn

I'm riding the Kemba bandwagon right now, I think they proved their merit in the Big East Tourney, but in the end I have go with Kansas.

I'm still hoping my BU Terriers can pull of the biggest upset in tournament history though! ....

Kevtones

FF: Ohio State, Duke, Purdue, Pitt

Champ: Duke over Purdue 81-74

- Gonzaga is beating FSU for an E8 birth.
- Almost did Indiana State over Syracuse.
- Almost did UCSB over Florida.

Proelite

For all those of you picking Notre Dame, no team that has a defense ranked 50 or worse has ever won the championship.

Proelite said:
For all those of you picking Notre Dame, no team that has a defense ranked 50 or worse has ever won the championship.

That's alright they'll light it up from 3 to compensate.

Let's go VCU!!!

edit-Fuck...does anyone else just get a black screen(with ad on the right) when they click the launch button at mmod.ncaa.com?

Now it's going...slowly crawling to 100%. Fuck...stopped at 90%...woo. Finally made it to 100%.

Proelite

ErasureAcer said:
That's alright they'll light it up from 3 to compensate.
There are things such as 3 pt defense. Good teams will stick so close to the shooters that players will be forced to take step back 3s. It is impossible to shoot a high percentage of those over the course of several games. Against a team with good man to man defense, aka Texas, Duke, SDSU, Louisville, ND is going to get stomped if they jack up 3s.

Bowser

History dictates that you should always, ALWAYS have 2 #1 seeds in the Final Four. Posted this in the NCAA regular season thread, but here's my picks (yes, I have UNC winning it all :p):

UNC over SDSU
KU over PITT

UNC over KU

zmoney said:

Except thats not true at all, theyve been tons of no calls this second half of this season against him. He gets beat on all game and they dont call shit.

jakncoke said:
nice nice, game finely getting good

VCU hasn't shot the ball well. Rarely do teams of their caliber go back to back halves with bad shooting...look for them to explode in the second half. Keep your eye on Burgess...dude can light it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom