• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyNapSe

Outdoor Miner said:
We are not food enough to win 5 vs 8. Game over.

Please, I'm willing to admit when my team gets the calls but it's 13 fouls to 11 against a finesse Illini team. More than 35% of your shots are from 3.

Also, praise jeebus for new-Tyshawn coming back after the suspension.

SamuraiX-

Kalnos said:
Man, dem ND fans be mad.

Are you talking about me?

I couldn't give a shit about them besides the fact that I have them in my championship game.

They have no players who can play at the NBA level and their star player is the classic, smug white guy who just want to punch in the face.

Kalnos

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
Are you talking about me?

I couldn't give a shit about them besides the fact that I have them in my championship game.

They have no players who can play at the NBA level and their star player is the classic, smug white guy who just want to punch in the face.

I meant the loud collection of boos.

HiResDes

I have those fucks in the Elite 8!...This has to be my worst bracket of all time, I made better picks when I was 13 and I just picked the teams I liked rather than the teams I thought would win.

SyNapSe said:
Please, I'm willing to admit when my team gets the calls but it's 13 fouls to 11 against a finesse Illini team. More than 35% of your shots are from 3.

Also, praise jeebus for new-Tyshawn coming back after the suspension.
Look I'm not saying this is some big conspiracy screwjob. Only that when it mattered we had 2 drives to the basket get no calls where we get slaughtered, then
On the other end we get called for a ticky tac and then don't get a charge called. This was at a crucial point in the game. For the most part the game was called ok, though the Morris flopping early on was ridiculous.

My assertion is only that my team isn't good or tough enough to overcome that + a quality opponent.

Grats on moving on to the next round.

For the seniors, you have underachieved your 4 years here, thanks for the 1 tourney win and cya.

SyNapSe

Elfforkusu said:
Welp, good game KU.

GG. I thought the Illini really showed well. The Jayhawks have played 10 games this year where I think the Illini's effort would have won but they were on point for that game.

SyNapSe

SamuraiX- said:
The Big East really is an overrated shit conference.

Wow, not making this mistake with my bracket next year.

Well, 2 of the teams were eliminated by other Big East teams. Eh, I'm sure they're overrated just like I imagine Terrell Owens wasn't the second coming of the devil as ESPN blew him up to be.

Sensationalism sells in both directions.

Fjordson

Yeah, wtf @ ND. Had them winning this and the next game. Oh well.

Bracket isn't doing stellar, but all four of my final four teams are still in it.

SamuraiX-

my2011ncaabracket.png

The highest rank I'll ever be in this year's GAF bracket.

I'm probably dropping to the basement after this Notre Dame game is over.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
FSU should realize that the clock is their friend right? Don't shoot that shit unless its under 10 or you have an easy score opportunity

Ohio State vs. Kentucky
Marquette vs. UNC
Duke vs. Arizona
Connecticut vs. SDSU
Kansas vs. Richmond
VCU vs. Florida State
Butler vs. Wisconsin
Florida vs. BYU

Like all of those games other than VCU vs. Florida State

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Ohio State vs. Kentucky
Marquette vs. UNC
Duke vs. Arizona
Connecticut vs. SDSU
Kansas vs. Richmond
VCU vs. Florida State
Butler vs. Wisconsin
Florida vs. BYU

Like all of those games other than VCU vs. Florida State

Wow, that Butler/Wiscy game could go only into the 40's

Go Cats! I admit I thought Texas was going to pull off the win so I went out for a smoke and missed the wild last few seconds. I don't think it was gifted to the Cats at all since Brown went to the FT line every time someone looked at him wrong. Cats outplayed them, so glad to see them back in the sweet 16!

SyNapSe

Kenpom or any other efficiency ranking (massey, etc.) could have told you ND was ripe for upset. They shoot a ton of 3's and play so-so defense.

5 senior starters, though (?). That's the formula for good things.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hate on me if you will basketballs fans, but I want to like the tourny yet believe it's over hyped. Realistically these days there are about 10 schools with elite head coaches that coach well year in and year out (minus a random bad year here and there), get a lot of the recruits, and legitly have a chance to win it all. Everyone else is just playing to make the sweet 16 and maybe have a random break out year every few years and make the big 8 or final 4. They still won't win it all though.

The 1st 2 weeks of the tourny are supposedly zomg amazing with awesome moments and a joy to watch, but it's just a charade that always ends when you get to crunch time and the final 8 teams.

jjasper

So as of right now the big east teams in the sweet 16 got there cause they got lucky enough to play big east teams in the 2nd round? :jakncoke

Brettison said:
Hate on me if you will basketballs fans, but I want to like the tourny yet believe it's over hyped. Realistically these days there are about 10 schools with elite head coaches that coach well year in and year out (minus a random bad year here and there), get a lot of the recruits, and legitly have a chance to win it all. Everyone else is just playing to make the sweet 16 and maybe have a random break out year every few years and make the big 8 or final 4. They still won't win it all though.

The 1st 2 weeks of the tourny are supposedly zomg amazing with awesome moments and a joy to watch, but it's just a charade that always ends when you get to crunch time and the final 8 teams.
It's sure as hell better than the BCS, where the small programs don't even got a shot because the large ones have locked them out.

Meier

Full court press always gives this team nightmares.

Christ, taking shots with so much time on the clock. Ham better kick some ass during this TO.

SyNapSe

Brettison said:

Not even sure what your point is(?). Do you think a 32 team tourney in football would be great or would the top teams still mostly win, ignoring injuries, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom