• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 NCAA MBB Tournament - GAF Bracket Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJK

That had to be Leuer's worst performance in years; sucks that that's his last game in a Badger uniform.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Whats worse is I have no team sport to follow until August.... oh well, congrats Arizona, at least beat UCon please.

As a wrap up on Duke, obviously Smith and Singler are done. They should both be drafted late first, maybe early second.

Irving's a top 2 or 3 pick, maybe 1. He's gone. Good luck in the league, dude.

I expect Mason Plumlee to go. Despite not being all that productive offensively, scouts seem to love him anyway and project him in the lottery. I don't see it, but I'd love to be wrong. I don't think he'll get much better at the college level. I actually think he'd benefit from a year or two in Europe, of all places.

Barring any other surprise defections (draft, transfer, etc.), next year's team will add another Plumlee, Austin Rivers, a couple of other people I can't remember, and return Ryan Kelly, Miles Plumlee, Seth Curry, and Andre Dawkins. Eh... I'm thinking a preseason top 15 or so, but not top 10.

Proelite

Randolph Freelander said:
As a wrap up on Duke, obviously Smith and Singler are done. They should both be drafted late first, maybe early second.

Irving's a top 2 or 3 pick, maybe 1. He's gone. Good luck in the league, dude.

I expect Mason Plumlee to go. Despite not being all that productive offensively, scouts seem to love him anyway and project him in the lottery. I don't see it, but I'd love to be wrong. I don't think he'll get much better at the college level. I actually think he'd benefit from a year or two in Europe, of all places.

Barring any other suprise defections (draft, transfer, etc.), next year's team will add another Plumlee, Austin Rivers, a couple of other people I can't remember, and return Ryan Kelly, Miles Plumlee, Seth Curry, and Andre Dawkins. Eh... I'm thinking a preseason top 15 or so, but not top 10.

Dawkins might be transfering.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
zmoney said:

hey man we got opening day next week.

I don't care about baseball. I'll watch some of the NBA playoffs but I don't have a dog in the fight so I don't care who wins. Football is a long way off

On another note, I'd love to see Wojo and Chris Collins take head coaching jobs somewhere in the offseason. I'm sure they love Duke, but I don't think either is ready to slide over into K's seat when he retires. They need to go out and build a program somewhere. Start in the mid major ranks, see if they can work their way up.

With that in mind, it would leave Nate James as the top assistant, Chris Carrawell would move onto the bench. Hopefully (please please please) they'd bring somebody in who is more apt to coach up the bigs.

Proelite

zmoney said:

Really? how is duke looking for next year with all those players leaving?

A lot of players leaving is actually a good thing in the long run. With curry, rivers, Gbinijie, thornton, and cook we have 5 backcourt players already. Shortening the bench and tightening the chemistry was part of the blue print of all past Duke championship teams.

He's awesome Baby!

Screenshot2011-03-24at105939PM.png

Proelite said:
Dawkins might be transfering.

ESPN tried to start that rumor earlier in the year. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I think he just needs to work harder on defense (he has gotten better as the season progressed) and he'll be fine at Duke. Nolan Smith, for example, didn't bust through until his junior season. He also needs to move better without the ball, but I can also attribute his lethargy on the offensive end to the scheme Duke ran for the majority of the year. Smith dominated the ball, Curry became the second choice on the wing, with Singler playing the tweener. Didn't really have much use for Dawkins to run around out there.

In short, though, I think Dawkins will be a good player next year if he stays.

jakncoke

Banned
Decided to sleep instead of watching games. Wake up.. and see only 1 of 3 things I wanted to happen did.. well f you very much. I wonder how my yahoo thing is going *checks* 40th with 85 max points. ya dont say

Tapiozona

Banned
Holy shit, can't believe we won that game. Duke has always had our number. Derrick Williams is such a stud but we've been a one man team all season so it's awesome to see everyone else step up in the second half. I still think Duke is the better team, but we were f-in hot tonight and playing in San Diego made it more of a home game for us. Only wish we could play Butler next round rather than Uconn.

Tapiozona said:
Holy shit, can't believe we won that game. Derrick Williams is such a stud but we've been a one man team all season so it's awesome to see everyone else step up in the second half. I still think Duke is the better team, but we were f-in hot tonight. Only wish we could play Butler next round rather than Uconn.

Nah. Arizona beat the pants off of Duke because they were just tougher. Forget about talent, if you play the game 10 more times, Arizona wins 8 of them.

No complaints here. Congrats to the Wildcats.

Bowser

SI's Sweet 16 Reset had OSU, Duke, Wisconsin, and KU in the Final Four...let's hope their prognosticating stays as off tomorrow :)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't know why we are so bad in the sweet 16 this decade. The Nova loss, LSU, Michigan St, Indiana... oh well, fuck it. 2010 FOREVER!!!!!!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Bowser said:
SI's Sweet 16 Reset had OSU, Duke, Wisconsin, and KU in the Final Four...let's hope their prognosticating stays as off tomorrow :)
If you beat TOSU and get to the Final Four, I'm moving out of the state.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Arizona turning on NBA Jam mode wtf

Man, the Kyrie injury fucked Duke twice, go figure. Feel bad for Smith but he got his. And he played like shit today, thanks for that. Singler, see ya. I respect what he's done but he's never been a 'great' player to me. Obviously, because if he had been he would have gone pro at some point. He may contribute on a team at the NBA level but he'll never be more than a 7th-8th man. Nice, long college career though.

Hope Dawkins and Plumlee stay. I think Miles might be able to make a 'leap' next year, and obviously having the #1 prospect in the country coming in will work. No one is shedding any tears for Duke, nor should they. Just another missed opportunity, but when the other team has the best player on the court there's not much you can do. Seed doesn't mean shit then.

I'll always remember this season for what it could have been, without the injury. 2002 was different. That team had all the talent and experience, and coasted on it's achievements. They nearly got a miracle against Indiana to escape, but didn't deserve it. This team wasn't really a national title defense. It lost too much. Scheyer of course is a given, but Thomas and Zoubek were greatly missed too. In a way 2011 Duke could have been better, had Irving been able to integrate into the offense. But it wasn't meant to be.

edit: Not that the 2002 team didn't lose something huge too in Battier, but they had more key talent returning to absorb that loss. Not that anyone will read this far into this post anyway. Fuck Arizona :p

SamuraiX-

So I lose a THIRD Final Four team with Duke. loldook

Figures that Derrick Williams would have the greatest fluke game of his life tonight. 5/6 from 3pt range with all of them being pretty heavy contests? C'mon son.

Oh, and Kemba Walker is DA TRUUF! He's gonna take the Clips/Raptors/Wolves to the promised land.
Wish the Kings would take him to replace Beno's scrubalicious ass

That Arizona vs. UConn game is gonna be boss though.

Duke wasn't going to cut down the nets without Irving, so if he's healthy, you play him. If Coach K could do it over, he'd do it the exact same way. Duke just got beat by a team playing awesomely good tonight, particularly in the second half.

Mrbob

Damn Bucky if they didn't sleep walk through the first 35 minutes of the game tonight they would have won.

Bo needs to get at least one NBA potential player on his team in the next couple years.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I find this funny.

2 Carr Kurupts 39 of 52 53 61

Maybe it's sad that I'm 7 points behind someone who has 0 final four teams remaining.

Nope. Funny.

Pollux

bucknuticus said:
You'll get the poisonous tree nuts and you will like them!

my grandma makes the best damn buckeyes in the state. i'm also craving skyline and graeters.

it should be an intense game tomorrow

zmoney said:

my grandma makes the best damn buckeyes in the state. i'm also craving skyline and graeters.

it should be an intense game tomorrow

Mmmmmmm black raspberry chip ice cream

thanks for making me want it you son of a bitch :p

Pollux

bucknuticus said:
Mmmmmmm black raspberry chip ice cream

thanks for making me want it you son of a bitch :p

I love that shit so much. I'm up in Boston for school and nothing up here compares to the food in cincinnati.

black_raspberry_chip.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom