• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2016 Australian Open |OT| 18th January - 31st January

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Wow I saw Fed get broken early in the third and figured it would go at least a fourth. Berdych run out of gas or what?

John Dunbar

correct about everything
as i said, sharapova had no chance.

anyway, looks like it's up to the old man to try to save tennis again. unfortunately i fear he has too many years and too many miles weighing him down to take down the serbian robot.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I swear if Fed implodes from this god mode in the final..

he's going to lose the semi so no risk of that.

federer has not beaten djokovic in a big match since 2012. while streaks always end, there is really no reason to believe it will end now. federer will probably pull one of his classic 2 or 3 break points converted out of 16-20.

Nishikori has to learn to deal with setbacks in big matches better. He was giving Djokovic a real match until he lost his serve from 40-0 up at 2-3 in the first set then completely imploded and couldn't get a forehand in court. Djokovic maintained his level and did enough, with some super depth when needed (he had the habit of playing his best tennis at the end of longer games, while Nishikori's repeatedly dropped off).

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
he's going to lose the semi so no risk of that.

federer has not beaten djokovic in a big match since 2012. while streaks always end, there is really no reason to believe it will end now. federer will probably pull one of his classic 2 or 3 break points converted out of 16-20.
It really is a classic by now, dude just lives to give fans an aneurysm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom