• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2nd Democratic National Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

the problem i have with hillary is that it feels like most of her policies are 'me too' and not actual initiatives for charge. she sees the reaction and traction that a lot of bernies statements get and kind of decides that it will be good for her campaign. at least thats the impression I get

that and everything she says feels so fake. she's amazing at deflecting too.

The thought of old man Bernie negotiating with Putin or combating ISIS is so absurd. This guy is just not presidential material, that much is abundantly clear from this debate. No wonder he can't even come close to Hilldawg in the polls, all Americans see this as well.

Hilldawg is the hero we need.

You heard this a lot in the GOP debate and from O'Malley tonight: "my state of blah blah blah was the only state to blah blah blah". Jeb, Kasich, and O'Malley always sound like tools when they do that.

That and the old "I spoke with a librarian named Wendy in Bumfuck Iowa and she asked me, Senator Toolbag, how am I going to afford my blah blah blah."

In other words, talk like ordinary people.

User1608

Banned
"The revolution never came, and I waited, and I have the scars to prove it" is probably the most politically potent line she's given tonight. Its the basis of her candidacy as a pragmatic moderate, her answer to her own history and Sanders in one short sentence.
Yep, this is the reality. We must make progress, in increments. The long game is important.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Having a hard time telling the difference between pragmatism and apathy.

Bye Sanders had a great debate and won most of it. Pundits will call a Clinton win or OMalley surprise though, just because she slightly recovered at the end.

Having a hard time telling the difference between pragmatism and apathy.

It just sooooo hard! Change has to be progressive even when people are dying and suffering while we wait :(

Vire

lol

@realDonaldTrump: Hillary and Sanders are not doing well, but what is the failed former Mayor of Baltimore doing on that stage? O'Malley is a clown.

Hazmat

Not sure if that's necessarily the same thing, considering that we need to eat to survive. But we don't really have to go to college.

It's taking taxpayer money and spending it for society's good by providing for those who can't currently afford to themselves. Why should the government pay for college tuition for the children of millionaires or billionaires?

RELIGHT

Banned
The thought of old man Bernie negotiating with Putin or combating ISIS is so absurd. This guy is just not presidential material, that much is abundantly clear from this debate. No wonder he can't even come close to Hilldawg in the polls, all Americans see this as well.

Hilldawg is the hero we need.

More like the candidate we will get.

Quazar

So essentially the candidate that won't challenge the status quo at all and essentially concede instead of fighting?

I'll go with Bernie since at minimum he'd try.

Exactly. People thinking republicans will want to work with Hillary anymore then any other D are fooling themselves.

Tarkus

Bye Sanders had a great debate and won most of it. Pundits will call a Clinton win or OMalley surprise though, just because she slightly recovered at the end.
Being unsure of his 90% tax plan is going to fuck him with the pundits. Bye Bernie is absolutely correct.

the problem i have with hillary is that it feels like most of her policies are 'me too' and not actual initiatives for charge. she sees the reaction and traction that a lot of bernies statements get and kind of decides that it will be good for her campaign. at least thats the impression I get

that and everything she says feels so fake. she's amazing at deflecting too.

I think if anything Sanders has at least forced Hillary to move a little more to the left than she otherwise would have been. I said earlier her plans seem more realistic, but I've enjoyed Sanders getting under her skin, bringing to light what could be, and making her be a bit more liberal

Prediction: a certain subset of millennials are going to flood every post-debate poll they can find, will lose their shit and claim a conspiracy when every media outlet calls this one for Clinton, and a dozen statisticians will inexplicably have aneurysms at precisely the same time.

Zornack

I appreciate some of the ideas that Sanders is putting forward but it is quite obvious that it is an absolute idealist campaign without any concrete plans on how to get it these things accomplished.

Him not knowing how much he would tax these wealthiest americans he keeps mentioning does not inspire much confidence. Isn't the income inequality a tent pole of his entire campaign? Shouldn't he know how he is going to try to accomplish that? The obstructionism in Congress now is absolutely nothing compared to what he would face if elected. What is his strategy on combating this?

(I'm about an hour behind right now so maybe some of my questions will be answered.)

It feels like even he knows that the stuff is he promising isn't reasonable in today's political climate and would never happen. No point in figuring out the numbers when they'll never be a reality.

kirblar

Yup. Activists have to demand everything happens now (you have to ask for 100% to get 50, if you ask for 50 you get 10) but politicians have to be practical
Knowing which 10% to give is also important. The easy changes are not always the good ones, or may not even be a solution at all.

O'Malley has the disciplines. His mind is a razor, reflecting the light of freedom. Mind fu, motherfucker.
Am1GFwt.gif

Sianos

jon mccain on blast right now in the maximum possible way... for working with bernie to compromise on something

o'malley: please visit my website

Bernie's example of a crisis that prepared him to be president is negotiating a fucking piece of legislation, and O'Malley literally admitted he has no answer and is unprepared.

Once again, Hillary absolutely slays it. Killing fucking Bin Laden. These fools are not even competition.

O'Malley.

Ya'll, I'm unprepared as fuck. I don't even know why I'm here.

Lol, that was hilarious.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
We've got over 5 billion dollars in this election cycle can't we take some of that and sponsor these debates so we don't have to endure all of these commercials..

lachesis

Gold Member
Clinton is such a politician. In a good way, and in a bad way too.
Bernie is passionate, but not sure how far he can convince and work with reps...
Martin O'malley - .com...

Paskil

O'Malley begging for dat money in the closing statements. Have to pay the campaign debts when you drop out somehow, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom