• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2nd Democratic National Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you even listening? Serious question.

He wasn't fishing for applause mentioning veterans, Bernie is a leader in the senate on veteran issues.

Yes, I was listening. It wasn't a good answer. He's qualified to be President because he compromised with Republicans on a Veterans Bill. He didn't get everything he wanted, so he....what?

legacyzero

Banned
Bernie's Wall Street segment rocked Hilary

her corner was like
HJfk58T.gif
Yep.

"Bu-bu-bu 9/11!!"

Arkeband

Banned
Hillary was weaker this time around.

That tweet halfway through the debate calling her out for invoking 9/11 was a turning point. O'Malley and Bernie were chummy and teaming up on Clinton.

You mean blind idealism won't get things done? Liar.

Like the idealism Hilldawg is going to get anything done in a Republican controlled Congress?

When Hilldawg wins, you're going to see the GOP become even more obstructionist. It's going to be 12 years since a Republican took the White House, and we're going to transition from a black man to a white woman in the oval. That won't sit well with the GOP.

kirblar

I don't understand how Bernie is going to win a general with saying how shitty everything is and running away from Obama's accomplishments.

Pendulum politics only swings two ways and he's the same party as the guy who has been President for 8 years. It's the same reason why 2012 was good for Dems. They had Obama going out reminding people of all the stuff he's actually gotten done with what he had inherited.
He's not the same party.

watershed

Banned
I feel like all 3 did well and looked strong in their own ways. They all look like "serious candidates" unlike the countless republicans in it for the book deals, tv shows, and speaking tours,

Sanders' best answer was on his crisis with Veteran Affairs legislation. Hillary was solid throughout, and O'Malley showed he can hold the stage with both of them.

User1608

Banned
Yup. Activists have to demand everything happens now (you have to ask for 100% to get 50, if you ask for 50 you get 10) but politicians have to be practical
Agreed.

I think O'Malley had a nice performance tonight, Hillary did well and so did Bernie. At least they're adults and can take tough questions too.

Cipherr

It's so clear Hillary has plants in the audience to clap.

Oh boy... another meltdown is soooooooo inc once the tallies start to come in showing Clinton had yet another strong showing here. Just like last time. I cannot wait until we are past the primaries so the meltdowns can take a break. At least until election night.

Sianos

the winner of the debate was the democratic party as a whole, imo

showed that they can take tough questions, deal with follow ups without whining about the liberal media, and actually followed the rules

FiggyCal

Banned
I don't understand how Bernie is going to win a general with saying how shitty everything is and running away from Obama's accomplishments.

Pendulum politics only swings two ways and he's the same party as the guy who has been President for 8 years. It's the same reason why 2012 was good for Dems. They had Obama going out reminding people of all the stuff he's actually gotten done with what he had inherited.
How has Bernie run away from Obama's accomplishments? He is constantly saying how great Obamacare is.

ThisGuy

I like Bernie. But honestly I feel pretty good with Hillary too. Pretty much a win-win.

I want single payer.
I want cheaper education.
I want criminal justice reform.

It's all about me.

Boke1879

Yes, absolutely. And all those polls showing that Hilldawg is absolutely crushing Bernie are also a conspiracy! It simply cannot be the case that there are more Hillary fans in the audience because far more Hillary fans exist!

The delusion of Bernie fans is as adorable as a little old man passionately yelling at clouds past his bedtime.

Bernie fans need to realize that Hilary is the favorite and she's playing the political game very well.

Oh boy... another meltdown is soooooooo inc once the tallies start to come in showing Clinton had yet another strong showing here. Just like last time. I cannot wait until we are past the primaries so the meltdowns can take a break. At least until election night.
What about the meltdown when hillary loses to some republican schmuck?

Bronx-Man

Banned
Like the idealism Hilldawg is going to get anything done in a Republican controlled Congress?

When Hilldawg wins, you're going to see the GOP become even more obstructionist. It's going to be 12 years since a Republican took the White House, and we're going to transition from a black man to a white woman in the oval. That won't sit well with the GOP.

There's a high probability that Democrats will win back the Senate in 2016, so I doubt congress is going to get any more obstructionist in the future. They'll definitely try, but I doubt they'll succeed.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm sorry but I'm really tired of Sanders pie in the sky idealism. He's been in government long enough to know he can never keep the vast majority of his 'campaign promises'. It's almost insulting.

The backwards stuff is happening primarily at the state level in large part due to gerrymandering and GOP control. It's a huge issue.

...mmm---don't think I can square that kind of proportion. Gerrymandering is a disaster, but even as somebody in the state of GA---there's definitely been ample disasters and kicking the damn can down the road from the federal side that is at least on par of our most tremendous of screw ups.

Weaker links will break a chain, but putting/leaving the chain outright in a corrosive environ will sure as shit factor in quite well, if not moreso.

FiggyCal

Banned
I like Bernie. But honestly I feel pretty good with Hillary too. Pretty much a win-win.

I want single payer.
I want cheaper education.
I want criminal justice reform.

It's all about me.

When was the last time Hillary said anything about single payer?

East Lake

He's not going to win a general. He's serving his purpose to make Hillary's proposals look reasonable, or else she'd be catching heat for an "unrealistic" minimum wage.

Bernie wouldn't have any traction if Obama hadn't underperformed on the economy.

There's a high probability that Democrats will win back the Senate in 2016, so I doubt congress is going to get any more obstructionist in the future. They'll definitely try, but I doubt they'll succeed.

I need to see it happen first before I get my hopes up. Us Democrats don't come out to vote during mid-terms.

Cronox

Banned
Once again, Hillary absolutely slays it. Killing fucking Bin Laden. These fools are not even competition.

Lol, that was hilarious.

Bruh...

Yes, absolutely. And all those polls showing that Hilldawg is absolutely crushing Bernie are also a conspiracy! It simply cannot be the case that there are more Hillary fans in the audience because far more Hillary fans exist!

The delusion of Bernie fans is as adorable as a little old man passionately yelling at clouds past his bedtime.

What is this childishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom