• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3rd Super Robot Wars Z - Jigoku-hen |OT| Localized when hell chapter freezes over

CorvoSol

Because they were being cheap and didn't want to animate a separate "trans-am" colored version of each attack animation.

Same reason why the GN Arms gattai mecha was only available as a map attack.

The games definitely have cost-cutting stuff.

Also why TTGL wasn't a playable unit until now, I bet.

Right, but I mean, this is the first time it's dawned on me how weird that is. The ship has Trans-Am as a super mode, but the Gundams just have it as attacks.

Yeah, it's kind of strange how they did it. Likely due to budget/time restraints as mentioned.

New Info:

80 kills required for Ace bonus now.

Bonus 100PP at 100 kills. More bonuses at 50 kill intervals after that.

1 stat point requires 15 Pilot Points.

A "custom bonus" when you upgrade up to 50%.

Kills by main do not transfer to the sub.

No buy-able SP Regen or Continuous Action/Movement (I guess since this is moved into the Tag commands).

Shouta

Looking at the demo reel on my phone, it seems they did some minor touch ups to the animation in addition to the much higher fidelity. Most look fairly solid to be honest. FMP is probably the worst still though.

Itsuki

Can someone confirm that you can take screenshots on the Vita ver?.
Dengeki review of the game is up.
And on the review, there's an image of Genion Cockpit:
srwz_15_cs1w1_720x.jpg

Zerojul

No buy-able SP Regen or Continuous Action/Movement (I guess since this is moved into the Tag commands).
Quite a few interesting changes here, cool. Can't wait to get started :)

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, it's kind of strange how they did it. Likely due to budget/time restraints as mentioned.

New Info:

Kills not transferring to sub means subs kind of sucks. Rest is fine. I'm ok with them nerfing continuous movements and SP regen a bit.

Bebpo

Banned
Also what do people think of the font used for showing damage numbers? Looks incredibly out of place to me. Seems weird they'd go with silver/blue.

A3sle5z.jpg

Today's the day!!

TB7UhDM.jpg

Not until 11 am...

bTUMKE0.jpg

Waiting in line...

oWCAbRh.jpg

Buy back prices were up before the stores were open. Hurry up and beat the game to get 5,600 yen!

Eu9lg1g.jpg

Aww, nice little bag to go with the game.

According to the Store page, Vita is 2338Mb.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

The voice over is really compressed!!!!!! It sounds really distorted! Everyone who wanted a physical copy I wish I could hate you to death! This is all your fault!

Just for reference it sounds worse than Z2 on psp. So yeah fuck all of you.

So yeah just ordered a PS3 copy from nippon-yasan. I'd imagine at least in that version the voices won't sound like absolute shit. Actually wait, I'll just download the PS3 copy.

You are all free to make fun of me when I find out that Banpresto just used $10 microphones to do their VO recordings.

You couldn't in Masoukishin III, which was a bit annoying. Here's to hoping you can in this one.

Yeah no go on vita screenshots.

Tsukumo

Also what do people think of the font used for showing damage numbers? Looks incredibly out of place to me. Seems weird they'd go with silver/blue.

horrible. EVERYONE is bashing it on 2chan and Gamefaqs. I don't understand why Terada ditched Z2 layout, when it was already proven to work to perfection on Vita.
Looks like one of those fonts Bandai used back in the day when they put out trash like Sunrise Eiyuutan. Have you noticed how when you hit a critical the image gets distorted? XD it wasn't enough to write CRITICAL in giant letters, they had to deform the score and make it unreadable obscuring the entire mech in the process. Urgh!

Buy back prices were up before the stores were open. Hurry up and beat the game to get 5,600 yen!

ahahahaha "zenkoku no shionisto" XD. Priceless.

Aww, nice little bag to go with the game.

Looks awesome.

By the way. In the heat of the moment, I bought the game's Vita version (download edition). Is there a way to get a refund? I'll get the Vita anyway down the line but I'd rather keep the money and buy all the dlc first.

Fuck you, taxes. The PS3 version is ¥8,700 on PSN and I have 8,500 in my wallet.
Had to buy another points card.

Yeah, woke up to that news and was disappointed. I was shy... ~40 yen lol.

Anywho, downloading the game now but probably wont be able to play til I get back from class today. At 82% now so maybe I can sneak a stage in before I have to leave.

muteki

Can someone confirm that you can take screenshots on the Vita ver?.
Dengeki review of the game is up.
And on the review, there's an image of Genion Cockpit:

Nope, screenshots didn't work for me last night.

Which is total BS, makes sentence mining much more difficult.
Caved in and bought it today. It's my first SRW game, but I'm surprised at how low res the maps/in-battle menu during cutscenes (the one with the skip/fast forward button) look.
Was expecting everything to be super sharp since it only came out on the Vita and PS3.
I was expecting the static elements of the interface to be native on vita, and it looks like it varies. Need to get more time with the game, but some menus are super sharp but some overlays are not. It is a shame that there is no consistent standard for quality on a platform with such a nice display.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Caved in and bought it today. It's my first SRW game, but I'm surprised at how low res the maps/in-battle menu during cutscenes (the one with the skip/fast forward button) look.
Was expecting everything to be super sharp since it only came out on the Vita and PS3.

Ok, so my shipping tracking changed from shipping today to arriving tomorrow.

Apparently even though they shipped my package early yesterday, it didn't move at all until today.

The only upside to me not getting the Vita version is that it'll take me longer to go through the PS3 version, as I have to share the TV I play on. So I'll get my monies worth by not plowing through. Glass half full.

isual

I have the vita version on its way

questions:

1. Can I use the vita dlc code for the srw remake on ps3?
2. When is the last day to redeem it?

I'm a few chapters in and, yeah, I don't like how it looks at all. The sprite looks sharp but animation is really meh. Also I don't like the skinny robot design. I thought they already made it skinny enough in Z2 but now they look even more skinier.

Shouta

You must like dem fat butt sprites then. =o

I like the sleeker sprites myself though most haven't really changed from Z2. Just the screen and res are better at least goign from the videos. Copy isn't here yet so.

Bebpo

Banned
I definitely prefer the skinnier more realistic proportion sprites of Z2. Going back to Alpha 3 was rough, all the sprites are so fat and small.

I definitely prefer the skinnier more realistic proportion sprites of Z2. Going back to Alpha 3 was rough, all the sprites are so fat and small.

It doesn't have to look like alpha though. Z1 looks much better than this. I understand they couldn't make Z2 to look comparable to Z1 because of hardware limitation but Z3 is on freaking PS3/Vita so there is really no excuse now.

I have the vita version on its way

questions:

1. Can I use the vita dlc code for the srw remake on ps3?
2. When is the last day to redeem it?

Regarding 1, probably not as clearly the PS3 version doesn't give you the Vita version of SRW, here's what I got with my PS3 digital purchase:

5ew5A7D.png

Note that the bonus scenario スズネ出撃 is for both platforms though. With the Vita version being a very obvious unlock.

Bebpo

Banned
Doesn't look like my P-A order is arriving today. Says it didn't actually leave HK (Play-Asia) until this morning and delivery estimate is now November 2014 (lol) instead of 4/10/14 by 10:30am which it said yesterday.

Probably get it tomorrow. Argh, the waittttting

Doesn't look like my P-A order is arriving today. Says it didn't actually leave HK (Play-Asia) until this morning and delivery estimate is now November 2014 (lol) instead of 4/10/14 by 10:30am which it said yesterday.

Same here. There's a clearance delay on mine 2-3 hours away from me.

If I don't get it tomorrow I'm going to activate my Sphere (the Impatient Importer) in rage. :p

Same happened here ,minus the November 2014 part, FedEx had me excited for nothing! :p Well it's only a day so I'm okay with that.

Yesterday I decided to watch Gunbuster to get ready for Z3 and I went in thinking I would like it and came out loving it. The ending in particular touched me a bit, gonna have to buy this one. Diebuster was pretty good, too. It was very different from the original with the Topless and all but overall I enjoyed it. Let's see if it will be in Z3.2!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
My copy probably won't ship until tomorrow. (ヽ´ω`)

Hearing some info about a possible save bug on the Vita version. Hope that gets patched soon.

mutsu

LOL, Amazon JP reviews not off to a good start, especially the PS3 version. These always have to be taken with a grain of salt, but it's still an interesting reference point.

RangerBAD

Same happened here ,minus the November 2014 part, FedEx had me excited for nothing! :p Well it's only a day so I'm okay with that.

Yesterday I decided to watch Gunbuster to get ready for Z3 and I went in thinking I would like it and came out loving it. The ending in particular touched me a bit, gonna have to buy this one. Diebuster was pretty good, too. It was very different from the original with the Topless and all but overall I enjoyed it. Let's see if it will be in Z3.2!

okaeri ;)

Sakura

Man watching that PV on youtube, it looks really good. I love the HD animation. I can't wait till I can get this. I really don't like the way the new original characters look this time around. I wish the protagonist was just Crowe again.

Bebpo

Banned

Oh yeah, that reminds me I needed to watch Unicorn ep5 & 6 still! Will do that tonight instead of playing z3 that didn't arrive ;)

zeroshiki

I don't like how everything feels tiny on the Vita. From the font to the icons and everything, it felt like this was a PS3 game shrunk down >_> I'm sure I'll get over it but I liked the big bulky feel of the PSP versions.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
what are they saying?
At a quick glance the lower reviews are just people upset that the game was essentially developed with the Vita as the lead and is an overall drop in production quality from OGS2. Mostly complaints about the 2D maps/units, downgrade in some animations/backgrounds, and the cutscenes being reduced to text box portraits again. Some are complaining about the DLC too, which there is admittedly a good amount of already.

If you've been watching the PVs or streams then it shouldn't be anything outside your expectations though.

At a quick glance the lower reviews are just people upset that the game was essentially developed with the Vita as the lead and is an overall drop in production quality from OGS2. Mostly complaints about the 2D maps/units, downgrade in some animations/backgrounds, and the cutscenes being reduced to text box portraits again. Some are complaining about the DLC too, which there is admittedly a good amount of already.

If you've been watching the PVs or streams then it shouldn't be anything outside your expectations though.

wait what , I tought the text box portraits where something exclusive to the vita due to limitations :C

Bebpo

Banned
Well, this looks like one of those times P-A fucked up >_<

Checked my tracking shipment and it's in Osaka, Japan right now. Uhmmm, in all my years of orders with P-A I've never had a Fedex shipment go from HK -> Japan -> CA. Normally goes HK->CA.

No idea when I'm getting my Z3, but somehow do not think I'll have it tomorrow morning by 11:30am like it says! :mad: Will have to figure out other ways to keep occupied this weekend while ignoring Z3 spoilerszz

Top Bottom