• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetLucky

People like me?

I'm saying if any legislation or anything I'd passed to strip away anyone's rights, believe me I will have a problem like you won't believe.

He's been sworn in. We can't do anything.

Protest when something actually happens though.

Politicians say things. History proves they don't always follow through. Fingers crossed every American is represented.

Why would you WAIT UNTIL RIGHTS ARE STRIPPED AWAY!? How bout we don't let that happen?

Nafai1123

Banned
People like me?

I'm saying if any legislation or anything I'd passed to strip away anyone's rights, believe me I will have a problem like you won't believe.

Politicians say things. History proves they don't always follow through. Fingers crossed every American is represented.

Something has already happened. Protests are warranted.

jelly

Bowing out now.

Stick around. We can have different opinions. It's just the wealth of history with Trump and what he is doing that it's very hard to see nothing but bad. Feel free to be optimistic but many of us just see too much evidence to the contrary.

Fox318

bxWhsUl.gif

Its your fault Bill.

You don't get Lynch on the plane and HIllary is probably elected.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
People like me?

His very existence is something happening. It's protesting everything he stands for. You don't need to wait for Trump to do shit to show how much you disapprove of his ass.

You're thinking of this in such a way that is too convenient.

tuxfool

Banned
People like me?

No. Politician typicially attempt to do what they *say they will do*. They're not always successful, but if this administration even attempts to do a portion of what they plan to do they're reprehensible pieces of shit.

rjinaz

Have the Trump supporters come out? Strange, didn't know that was a group on GAF.

This "bu bu bu give him a chance" stuff is nonsense, we have every reason to doubt this man's presidency. The fact that anyone could not speaks on their own either willful ignorance or tenacity towards the irrational.

They mostly stay silent until they can find a post where they can come across as better than. There are most certainly a lot of Trump supporters on GAF. Many posted in this thread saying they were happy or whatever, and many, largely, were left alone.

Kazooie

Banned
Why would you WAIT UNTIL RIGHTS ARE STRIPPED AWAY!? How bout we don't let that happen?
Nothing has happened. We can protest about any hypothetical situation. I hope everyone moves forward and everyone is represented. Obviously I don't really wish that according to some people on here. I just want to believe the best for the future of the country.

The fox just entered the hen house, but it's ok, guys. The fox hasn't killed any of the chickens yet. If a pile of dead chicken carcasses turn up I'll complain louder than anyone, believe me. Let's just wait and see.

People like me?

Can I protest him for calling me and everyone like me drug peddling criminal rapists? No?

Jeels

Nothing has happened. We can protest about any hypothetical situation. I hope everyone moves forward and everyone is represented. Obviously I don't really wish that according to some people on here. I just want to believe the best for the future of the country.

Why aren't you protesting the selection of Jeff Sessions?

Why do you refuse to go into specifics?

What policies of his do you actually support? Please be more specific than "America first hurr durrr"

Playsage

A report on italian TV referred to Trump as "a representative leader for the outsiders of America", follows footage of a crowd consisting of white people.

Hysterical laugh.

Kazooie

Banned
Stick around. We can have different opinions. It's just the wealth of history with Trump and what he is doing that it's very hard to see nothing but bad. Feel free to be optimistic but many of us just see too much evidence to the contrary.
That's not how it comes across believe me. I've not said anything controversial but I've had people telling me I won't protest poor policies. Very strange, very aggressive.

Oh okay so Obama can have a liquid opinion but Trump must be taken 100% literally.

That's a fair standard.

Like I say, just wait and see. If the actual policies are shit, I will protest louder than any of you.

However you are saying Trump's rhetoric is evil but anyone else's rhetoric is OK and political.

This is some Kellyanne Conway level of bullshit.
Lets judge Trump based on whats in his heart his future policies and not what comes out of his mouth based on who he is currently nominating. /s

Hey, if you want to blindly support a life-long piece of shit, then so be it, but don't come in here telling others how to react after putting up with these filth for the past 2 years(or longer, considering his birther bullshit)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
People like me?

Isn't the "Wait and see" approach literally what led to this farce in the first place?

People like me?

This is more than just politicians saying things. It's a tangible record of past actions and behaviors of Trump and his cabinet. Much like seeing how politicians voted on issues says more than their actual words

"When something actually happens" is too late to do something. Just because one is elected doesn't mean you have to accept their policies and position. And you can do something: protest and call your representatives

rjinaz

Things are in the process oh happening so yes they are happening and with Republicans having full control there is no reason to believe they won't. Optimism is saved for people that don't have a horse in this race.

Biske

"hey Apple, I'll give you tax benefits if you hire more human workers". Stuff like that can be done.

If he makes hiring humans more profitable than replacing them with machines the companies have no reason to refuse.

I have no idea if the numbers make sense, I'm just spitballing because his idea of a working class America isn't compatible with the reality at all.

I mean, if people think Donald J "make my products in china and buy from china" Trump is actually caring enough or competent enough to make these kind of changes... good luck with that.

The crap he talks about like manufacturing jobs or coal jobs, aren't things that went away just cause some people made bad decisions.

It's not like you walk into a grocery store and get rid of self check out terminals and everything is roses.

Kazooie

Banned
Why aren't you protesting the selection of Jeff Sessions?

Why do you refuse to go into specifics?

What policies of his do you actually support? Please be more specific than "America first hurr durrr"
I've not said I support any policies. But thanks for making quite an offensive impression of me.

Jeels

That's not how it comes across believe me. I've not said anything controversial but I've had people telling me I won't protest poor policies. Very strange, very aggressive.

You were the one who said you would protest poor policies. Which is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom