• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzy

Banned
To be honest at this point I'm glad Trump won given the attitude of supposed "liberals" these past few months, and past few weeks especially. It's disgusting.

To think that people sat there talking about how Trumps voters would take losing the election badly....then you end up with riots, violence and attempts to overthrow democracy from the side that claims to be tolerant and democratic.

Oh okay so Obama can have a liquid opinion but Trump must be taken 100% literally.

That's a fair standard.

Like I say, just wait and see. If the actual policies are shit, I will protest louder than any of you.

However you are saying Trump's rhetoric is evil but anyone else's rhetoric is OK and political.
Thing is, he doesn't have policies. He doesn't have plans. That is the problem.

To be honest at this point I'm glad Trump won given the attitude of supposed "liberals" these past few months, and past few weeks especially. It's disgusting.

To think that people sat there talking about how Trumps voters would take losing the election badly....then you end up with riots, violence and attempts to overthrow democracy from the side that claims to be tolerant and democratic.
Trump ran on a white supremacist platform. People are right to be upset. And it is their right to protest.

If any other Republican had won, we would not have this. This is specifically about Trump and what he stands for.

Holy shit that crowd is white.

p04hy3gq.jpg

I'm a pale little white boy myself so I hope this OK

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Dizzy, what in the fuck are you even talking about.

Sulik2

I can see everyone's already made their minds up though. I hope for the best for America. Shame the people of Neogaf have already made their minds up that everything is going to be awful.

The climate change and LGBT webpages are already gone from the whitehouse following a year of racist empowerment. The ACA is already on the way out and tens of millions will be without insurance, the GOP is passing laws to crack down on public demonstration, Trump is already planning to limit press access to the president. All signs point to authoritarian, economic, social and environmental nightmares in the next four years. You are being absolutely disingenuous if you don't think there is reason to be concerned about Trump already.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Those last 8 years of conservatives acting all prim and proper.

RMI

Banned
If they have jobs then why do they need jobs to be brought back?

thanks guys. I needed the chuckle.

I'm convinced that Trump's base will support any line of argumentation so long as it is contrary to what liberals believe, even if it makes absolutely no sense. This is why they give no fucks when does a 180 on things he said earlier, or makes statements just completely incongruous with reality. The only thing that matters to them is that we're mad, because if we're mad they feel good. We're feeling the revenge of angry children now, and as long as somebody else (e.g.. gays, minorities, foreigners, non-christians) gets hurt worse than they are, they don't care if their own problems get worse in the process.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/315324-msnbcs-chris-matthews-trump-inauguration-speech-hitlerian

MSNBC's Chris Matthews: Trump inauguration speech "Hitlerian"

MSNBC's Chris Matthews said Friday that President Trump's inaugural address was both "Hitlerian" and meant to mimic Russian President Vladimir Putin.

"What is Theresa May thinking this morning, when she picks up the papers and goes ‘My God, what did he just say? He said 'America first.' What happened to the special relationship?'"

Matthews, a former speechwriter for President Jimmy Carter, then evoked Russian president Vladimir Putin.

"What if you’re Putin? You’re probably pounding the table saying, 'That’s what I’ve been saying, Russia first! Russia first!’"

Images outside Trump Tower in NYC.

Partisan hyperbole. Typical from Matthews.

Caja 117

People like me?

I'm saying if any legislation or anything I'd passed to strip away anyone's rights, believe me I will have a problem like you won't believe.

He's been sworn in. We can't do anything.

Protest when something actually happens though.

Politicians say things. History proves they don't always follow through. Fingers crossed every American is represented.

When he says people like you is a stagering group of people that are being complacent (or just concern trolling) what is happening is a "This is bad, but we have to wait and see if its really happens".

Theres is never a good Time to Protest:
-Says racial shit against Mexicans - is not a good time to Protest.

-openly talks sexual assault - is not the time to protest.

-Campaing is filled with xenophobic , islamophopic , anti LBGTQ rethoric - is not the time to protest.

-promise to change a lot of laws that can harm millions of american - is not the time to protest

-win the election under questionable elements going around and double fdown on bigotry- is not the time to protest.

-Is sworn in amd make a speach that fucking echoes Facist president while at the same time select a cabinet full of people with checked History of not caring about the people -is not the time to protest.

So when is that time? When i get fucking killed by a militant police because of my color of my skin? When thousand of people actually die because of laws that protect those that need it are taken away?

Fuck thay shit, "now is not the time to protest" has just become fucking moving goalpost , because at the end the people who cry for this crap are really indifferent to what could happen.

People like me?

I'm saying if any legislation or anything I'd passed to strip away anyone's rights, believe me I will have a problem like you won't believe.

He's been sworn in. We can't do anything.

Protest when something actually happens though.

Politicians say things. History proves they don't always follow through. Fingers crossed every American is represented.

Why wait? Yeah, he said things. Things a lot of people not happy with. Why should we even give them the chance?

Edit Oops

Fat4all

Banned
Are you talking about GAF?

lol, this guy

I'm not shitposting. You blind liberal.

Chances are he has a relationship (whatever the fuck that means) with Putin. But you think he's going to say that in public when the election is near or even once elected. No.

He wants to win favor with Americans. So of course he's going deny knowing him or being friends with him.

FYI: My comment about his lie was simply in relation to that video that was posted about his "relationship" with Putin. So all you radical liberals can relax and put your torches down.
I'm not even an American. GAF is so blind to hating on Trump they can't see past anything else. Anyone who disagrees with a Trump hater is instantly a supporter, racist, shitposter, bigot, misogynist, etc.

I know it's hard to see past our faults but if you've ever asked other communities about GAF you'll realize that people see this place as a bunch closed minded, sheltered and rude individuals with a gang mentality. If you don't tow the popular line here you get attacked. Take a step outside this place and see what people say about it. You'd be shocked.

Fuck this. Sticking to Gaming only. Wish I could ban myself from off topic.

Enjoy your sheltered existence.

Democrats attempted a political coup!? Oh my word!

SilentRob

Partisan hyperbole. Typical from Matthews.

I'll be so free as to quote myself here:

If you actually, honestly, earnestly listen to Hitler's speeches during his rise to power, when he was democratically elected, like I had to during school many, many times and have continued to do ever since then to remind myself what the start of facism looks like, you will see how absolutely disturbingly similiar his speeches and this inauguration speech was. The invoking of the blood of patriots. The incredible nationalism.

It's fucking frightening watching this from Europe. Just a few days ago a leading politician from right-wing AFD held a speech that was absolutely destroyed and shredded by german media and politicians because it reminded everyone so much of how the Nazis talked. The man got rightfully eviscerated on the public stage. This inauguration speech was worse than that.

Zen Aku

I mean its not like a few days ago we had a thread where a guy who publicly support Trump tried to hired people to riot during today's inauguration.

There's always going to be a few knuckleheads who want to cause trouble, no matter which side you support. By your definition, it's the same line of thought as "Terrorists are Muslims, which means all Muslims are terrorists."

Oersted

... the attitude of supposed "liberals" these past few months.... then you end up with riots, violence and attempts to overthrow democracy from the side that claims to be tolerant and democratic.

I know, a coherent argumentation is a lesser concern but... what happened in the past few months? You are jumping straight up to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom