• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to be baited in, but I do want to clear up what I said in that I didn't mean it in a negative way at all. I don't have a single ounce of regret at all and I, along with many others, are highly optimistic and happy to see a return of patriotism not seen in many years.

I simply meant that it's a weird sight to see. I'm not sure how anyone could be seeing this and not find it incredibly surreal, supporters or not.

Dog whistles on GAF, how cute

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
C2pG1IXXcAETIBX.jpg

Phil Mattingly ‏@Phil_Mattingly 1m1 minute ago
More
Bleachers leading up to the President's grandstand still pretty sparse as Cabinet picks start to arrive:

Ac30

Inauguration Crowd Sizes

Donald J Trump 2017 - 250, 000

Barack Obama, 2013: 1 million

Barack Obama, 2009: 1.8 million (generally considered a record for people on the National Mall)

George W. Bush, 2005: 400,000

George W. Bush, 2001: 300,000

Bill Clinton, 1997: 250,000

Bill Clinton, 1993: 800,000

George H.W. Bush, 1989: 300,000

Why did ol' Bill get so few people to show up at his second inauguration? Hell of a drop and I remember him being popular

adj_noun

I just hope Trump supporters pay attention to what he says and does over the next 4 years. I know I'm not going to convince you that you voted wrong, but if you pay attention I can only hope he'll either fulfill your wishes or that you'll actually see him for what he is.

Firestone77
Total Posts: 24 (0.01 posts per day)

Burner account GAF getting its work in today.

I just hope Trump supporters pay attention to what he says and does over the next 4 years. I know I'm not going to convince you that you voted wrong, but if you pay attention I can only hope he'll either fulfill your wishes or that you'll actually see him for what he is.

Won't happen, people are too adamant about how they voted being some kind of personal indictment against them to admit they were wrong. Think about it, did you know some people who would support Obama no matter what he did? Partisanship is a hell of a drug.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm not going to be baited in, but I do want to clear up what I said in that I didn't mean it in a negative way at all. I don't have a single ounce of regret at all and I, along with many others, are highly optimistic and happy to see a return of patriotism not seen in many years.

I simply meant that it's a weird sight to see. I'm not sure how anyone could be seeing this and not find it incredibly surreal, supporters or not.
Is patriotism code for"we finally kicked the black guy out of the white house"?
I mean, you're fucking insane if you think people were not patriotic in the last 8 years. Unless your definition of patriotism is "make America white again "

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Compared to past parades there is literally no one on the parade route.

Ac30

Won't happen, people are too adamant about how they voted being some kind of personal indictment against them to admit they were wrong. Think about it, did you know some people who would support Obama no matter what he did? Partisanship is a hell of a drug.

I had a friend of mine tell me he didn't watch the Senate hearings on Trump's cabinet picks because they're biased. I don't even know how to get through to people like this.

rjinaz

LOL still going after his tax returns. turn the page.

Well to be fair he did call out Romney for not releasing his at first, saying there must be something going on.

Don't want to hold Trump to any standards though do you, otherwise your idol starts to fall apart.

Zen Aku

Ironic, given how anyone who wouldn't vote for Clinton was labelled a racist and a xenophobe.

Also funny how people are using the "both sides" excuse, when that has been shot down on gaf so much recently if the one or two Republicans who post here use it.

For the record I'm about balance. I know that there are a number of bad apples on each side, but I've never seen one side have such a large number of vocal bad apples. The hyperbole has been ridiculous.

The sad thing is said people are die hard Obama fans, and I'm sure Obama didn't want to put on the brave face he has but he's shown class in this whole situation. If only his supporters would take a page out of his book.

No, anyone who didn't vote at all is someone who isn't being an American citizen and going out there and vote for their own interests. Those who stood by and said "I'm perfectly okay with Trump being president and I didn't even vote for him" Now those are racist and xenophobe.

The thing is though, look in all the protesting threads since Trump won the election. Very, very few people if anyone at all were happy that there are rioting, no one is condoning this kind of behavior. We want peaceful protests not looting and destroying properties.

But when alt-right supporters bring up "Look at those liberals destroying properties and rioting" they're ignoring the fact that they also have done the same thing in 2009 and 2012. Heck, they actively cheered it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom