• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekai

No, seems like she knows who the trump supporters voted for.

She and thank you.

what points? why do I need to argue. She has her opinions, I have mine. Am I suppose to get in a deep conversation with her and we both become better individuals? That won't happen. It would just be fuel to get shit on.

1) She/Her

2. You responded to deflect from the reality at hand here that Trump voters are pretending they're victims (some of the people I have responded to directly in this topic have done so in the past and still pretend they're the victims to this day) while their votes damned millions of people. You wanted an argument. That much is clear. If you didn't, you wouldn't respond.

3) Basic human rights are not a difference in opinion.

4) If you're aware you would be "shit" on then you surely must have some awareness of how damn evil Republicans are.

I'm not going to be baited in, but I do want to clear up what I said in that I didn't mean it in a negative way at all. I don't have a single ounce of regret at all and I, along with many others, are highly optimistic and happy to see a return of patriotism not seen in many years.

I simply meant that it's a weird sight to see. I'm not sure how anyone could be seeing this and not find it incredibly surreal, supporters or not.

You mean nationalism, right?

Hey, Barron has a tough life of inheriting grotesque wealth and shitting into gold toilets ahead of him. We oughtn't bruise that poor li'l squirt, there's no way to tell how the youngest child in a family of wall-to-wall monsters will turn out.
No, there is no way to know how he will turn out.

However it's quite easy to judge the character of someone talking shit on a child.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, Barron has a tough life of inheriting grotesque wealth and shitting into gold toilets ahead of him. We oughtn't bruise that poor li'l squirt, there's no way to tell how the youngest child in a family of wall-to-wall monsters will turn out.
He has adult children who are despicable that we could talk about who have actually done terrible shit. Once Barron is older and does shitty things (he's rich, and probably will be a shit head!) feel free to go after him. We have bigger problems now, though.

GRaider81

Excerpt from an article in the Stranger from someone at the inaug:

Yep its horrible.

Here 5000 miles away in Glasgow Scotland. My 6 year old daughter came in after school today. She saw I was watching the news and saw Trump. Daddy is that the man who doesn't like cats?

At first I was a bit confused, then I realised. We never watch the news at home so obviously something was talked about at school today.

Basically told her that he was a very bad man, doesn't like woman, doesn't like people with different coloured skin, doesn't like men who love men, women who love women etc.

They ask why, its just so damn hard.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
xbTB9W7.jpg

THIS FUCKING GUY

just realized that's Cheney in a bad cowboy hat behind him.

Coffinhal

Completely agreed. He's 10 years old. I remember doing school plays or even presentations at 10 and my voice trembling in front when doing stuff in front of crowds. He's 10 years old thrust in front of all these people, being coordinated and directed on exactly what to do. Why would he act any different? My 9 year old nephew would be unable to stand still.

He's no the regular 10yo though, he's son of a billionaire his first ten years were driven by a socialization that gave him all the codes he needs to behave himself in that kind of situation. He may struggle with that but his education prepared him to this, not like your nephew or yourself and 99,9% of people.

Dalibor68

Banned
At this stage I am convinced its going to take a catastrophic environmental disaster for the US to turn its shit around.

But even then middle america might not give a shit because its not their problem if New York and LA are suddenly under water.

Of course Trump and Republicans are absolutely horrible in regards to climate change, but generally I think it is unfortunately more or less human nature to wait for shit to actually hit the fan and then do something about it afterwards (when its potentially too late).

Yep its horrible.

Here 5000 miles away in Glasgow Scotland. My 6 year old daughter came in after school today. She saw I was watching the news and saw Trump. Daddy is that the man who doesn't like cats?

At first I was a bit confused, then I realised. We never watch the news at home so obviously something was talked about at school today.

Basically told her that he was a very bad man, doesn't like woman, doesn't like people with different coloured skin, doesn't like men who love men, women who love women etc.

They ask why, its just so damn hard.

I had to think about it for a second.

LOL.

What a time to be alive. Great role model for the kids.

MUnited83

For you.
It's your choice, of course. If I was American maybe I'd be doing the same thing. I just don't see the point of being a cyber bully, especially while at the same time complaining that a bully is in the White House. You're taking your cues from him. I find it strange.
Calling people what they are is not bullying. It's stating facts.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

You seem like a great guy attacking children.

He's no the regular 10yo though, he's son of a billionaire his first ten years were driven by a socialization that gave him all the codes he needs to behave himself in that kind of situation. He may struggle with that but his education prepared him to this, not like your nephew or yourself and 99,9% of people.

Nah, I think we're looking a little too deep into this now.

tuxfool

Banned
Of course Trump and Republicans are absolutely horrible in regards to climate change, but generally I think it is unfortunately more or less human nature to wait for shit to actually hit the fan and then do something about it afterwards (when its potentially too late).

Never mind the stuff that is currently happening (or happened already).

Nobody is prepared for this kind of situation at 10. That is just not possible.

And he isn't doing anything strange at all. He's walking and waving. I don't get what is wrong with that.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

You don't know what his upbringing was. You don't know what he's like with his family and friends. What does this accomplish? I don't understand why were stooping to this level. He's a fucking kid leave him alone ffs. I expect it to be widespread on the internet, that's the nature of the beast... Wouldn't expect it to be this rampant on gaf.

Garlador

I remember all the pictures around the world of people celebrating when Obama got elected.

As sucky as this is, let's not forget how special that was. I remember seeing people on TV whose grandparents had been slaves now living to see a black man in office.

It was worth celebrating.

And I hope, one day, we'll have a president worth celebrating and emulating again.

God, this inaugural speech was just depressing. Nationalistic, jingoistic, economically and politically illiterate nonsense that is going to lead to America being marginalized, not strengthened, on the world stage.

To think that there are 63 million people who agree with, at the very least, some portion of the general gist of this, and that they were raised in a culture and lifestyle not unlike my own, is truly, if not frightening, then at least puzzling. The Founders (at least, the ones that people remember and want to emulate) would have received a speech like that with horror.

RinsFury

Watching Pence walking with Trump superimposed over the screen giving his hateful rant, this feels like the beginning of a movie about the end of the world. Just chilling.

Syncytia

Never mind the stuff that is currently happening (or happened already).

Things need to happen AND we need a large number of people to really feel the effects personally. Perpetuating climate change denial is exactly how we get into a situation where it's beyond the time to act. We see events unfolding and already see some consequences and can predict some others that are to come. But we have plenty of technology to deal with the minor effects or they just are not anything we yet feel personally so people just ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom