• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaMiku

Banned
Barron is just a kid, doesn't know better. Eric, Don and Ivanka well they do.

I have nothing against Trump's children. They didn't run for president, nor didn't say racist comments etc.

Why condemn them because they have Trump blood. And if they did vote for their father, it's because it's their father. And you know Trump, he only cares about himself and his children. So he probably gave them a lot of support.

Maybe I'm just seeing things different because I'm against Trump, but it seems like nobody is enjoying themselves there and just going through the motions. Were all inaugurations like this besides Obama's? 2008 is the only other I watched.

GRaider81

He's in Scotland though so it's not that big of a deal. You just tell your kid that there is lots of bad leaders in countries around the World. Putin for example.
That's true. At least here although I don't agree with her policies Nicola Sturgeon is a decent human being and role model.

tuxfool

Banned
Things need to happen AND we need a large number of people to really feel the effects personally. Perpetuating climate change denial is exactly how we get into a situation where it's beyond the time to act. We see events unfolding and already see some consequences and can predict some others that are to come. But we have plenty of technology to deal with the minor effects or they just are not anything we yet feel personally so people just ignore it.

This seems to be a problem unique to the United States. It is the only country in the world where a significant portion of the country perpetuates this nonsense.

It speaks a great deal to the utter selfish nature of a lot of the denizens of the US. This is indeed supported by the stats that the US produces the most waste and the most greenhouse gases per capita.

You got someone that believes in gay conversion theory walking into the white house and we are talking about a 10 year old kid that hasn't done anything.

rjinaz

I have nothing against Trump's children. They didn't run for president, nor didn't say racist comments etc.

Why condemn them because they have Trump blood. And if they did vote for their father, it's because it's their father. And you know Trump, he only cares about himself and his children. So he probably gave them a lot of support.

Jr has said some pretty shitty things in his time and they all were involved in campaigning for Trump, so the three eldest are fair game. If they choose not to be involved with the politics I agree, leave them out of it.

Biske

You know, seeing the kids of Trump and Family and Pences kids

If you are like.. 16 and older, and aware of things, god how happy must you be?

You are fucking set for life. Talk about fucking connections. The whole world is open to you at that point.

Maybe I'm just seeing things different because I'm against Trump, but it seems like nobody is enjoying themselves there and just going through the motions. Were all inaugurations like this besides Obama's? 2008 is the only other I watched.

No, there is usually a respectable portion of the country that is excited to see a new President. Even much of Trump's own party doesn't look on him as anything other than a tool to ram through whatever aspect of the conservative agenda is important to him.

The girl that sang was Pence's daughter?
Nah, was Jackie Evancho. Never heard of her before though.

You know, seeing the kids of Trump and Family and Pences kids

If you are like.. 16 and older, and aware of things, god how happy must you be?

You are fucking set for life. Talk about fucking connections. The whole world is open to you at that point.
Everyone has their problems. Can be a lot of pressure also. But of course it's way easier life, since you can afford to fail at things more then the average person.

SexyFish

Banned

Eric Trump said strong women don't let themselves get sexually harassed.

Don Jr. used a gas chamber reference and likened refugees to poisoned skittles.

Guy.brush

xbTB9W7.jpg

THIS FUCKING GUY

Cheney: You know what this plastic bag reminds me of George?
Bush: Er..rain?
Cheney: Ah might be over your head Doubya.
Bush: Over my head?
Cheney: Don't put it over your..
Bush: No more rain.
Cheney: I meant for him, the bag. You know like the Dallas thing.
Bush: Er. like the TV show?
Cheney: Yes, yes like the TV show. Sigh.

Coffinhal

Nah, I think we're looking a little too deep into this now.

Nobody is prepared for this kind of situation at 10. That is just not possible.

And he isn't doing anything strange at all. He's walking and waving. I don't get what is wrong with that.

You don't know what his upbringing was. You don't know what he's like with his family and friends. What does this accomplish? I don't understand why were stooping to this level. He's a fucking kid leave him alone ffs. I expect it to be widespread on the internet, that's the nature of the beast... Wouldn't expect it to be this rampant on gaf.

I don't think he's doing anything strange, I just puted some context on how child are educated in the richest of families (and yeah there's a pattern, read sociology of the richest families and how they behave within their world).

My point was "He's no regular child based on how he was educated in this very particular social world". It's just a fact, sorry. I don't really care about him acting strange or being a meme, your point ("he's just like any other kid") was just invalid, he has all the codes to behave in public, in an adult's suit with adults. He probably lived that kind of ceremony a dozen times.

I condemn them because if they disagreed with his hatred, bigotry, and harmful jingoism, they could have spoken up. They did not. They backed him.

rec0ded1

You got someone that believes in gay conversion theory walking into the white house and we are talking about a 10 year old kid that hasn't done anything.

People keep bringing it back up and quoting to keep the discussion about the kid going instead of focusing on what matters. Guess we get what we deserve.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Eric, Don Jr, and Ivanka were all 100% behind their father's campaign. They were very involved and did lots of campaigning and PR. They deserve to be condemned for who and what they threw their knowing support behind. There's no mistaking what they actively fought for and defended.

Is it just me, or is the turn out for this parade pretty bad? They just showed a shot of some bleachers, and they were half full at best. Plus there doesn't seem to be many people on the side of the street behind the fences. Is it maybe just that part of the route? even still, I can't imagine the crowd not almost spilling onto the street for any other president.

norm9

Starting to think some tanks and missile launchers would liven up this boring ass parade. Trump might have been right.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't think he's doing anything strange, I just puted some context on how child are educated in the richest of families (and yeah there's a pattern, read sociology of the richest families and how they behave within their world).

My point was "He's no regular child based on how he was educated in this very particular social world". It's just a fact, sorry. I don't really care about him acting strange or being a meme, your point ("he's just like any other kid") was just invalid, he has all the codes to behave in public, in an adult's suit with adults. He probably lived that kind of ceremony a dozen times.

And again I don't think at 10 it's possible to completely coach them to these situations. Also prior to these elections there is no way he was exposed to the public this often. Look at child actors for instance. The ability for them to be natural or comfortable on a camera is rare. Barron looks like a kid in front of a big crowd trying to look how they've coached him.

This seems to be a problem unique to the United States. It is the only country in the world where a significant portion of the country perpetuates this nonsense.

It speaks a great deal to the utter selfish nature of a lot of the denizens of the US. This is indeed supported by the stats that the US produces the most waste and the most greenhouse gases per capita.

The temporarily embarrassed millionaires see climate denial as paramount to their rags to riches strategy.

When I was very young, I learned a very important lesson.
Every action has consequences.

We can tell Trump's consequences easily, he's had a lifetime to make his choices.

His kid does not. Leave him alone.

Eric Trump said strong women don't let themselves get sexually harassed.

Don Jr. used a gas chamber reference and likened refugees to poisoned skittles.

Eric, Don Jr. and Ivanka are adults.

Barron is 10.

It's not hard to draw a line here.
(not really directed at you but this thread is a bit of a shitshow right now)

SilentRob

Just in case you're interested in a few reactions to the inauguration speech from german outlets:

Spiegel:
This is a threat
Donald Trump's inauguration speech was frightening - for every american who doesn't want to be part of his movement. And for the whole world.

BILD
Why his inauguration speech was a reckoning
Let's start with what Donald Trump didn't say, even though it would have seemed obvious for the rest of the world: Something like "I understand that the first and most important task of my presidency is to reunite this torn country."

FAZ
A declaration of war beyond example ("Kampfansage" meaning not literally)
Donald Trump's inauguration speech was a declaration of war like one has never heard before. Europe and Germany should consider it a wake-up-call.

Zeit Online
The new deal
Donald Trump is president. His mission: "Together we will determine the course of amerca and the world for many, many years." This is a threat.

WELT
Trump on steroids
Donald Trump is now the most powerful man in the world. His inauguration speech was unusual, even radical.

RP Online
America as a global power will be gone for the next 4 years
The harrowing message of Trump's inauguration speech is that this president doesn't have a plan. After swearing the oath of office, he repeats his campaign slogans for 15 minutes and settles the score with Washington's political establishment. Nothing else to see here.

I could go on.

antonz

Is it just me, or is the turn out for this parade pretty bad? They just showed a shot of some bleachers, and they were half full at best. Plus there doesn't seem to be many people on the side of the street behind the fences. Is it maybe just that part of the route? even still, I can't imagine the crowd not almost spilling onto the street for any other president.

Trump turnout is garbage. Usual Trump allied sources trying to pretend its a huge success with over 900,000 people etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom