• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

RinsFury

I feel so tired now that this day is finally here. It's finally sinking in that this is real, I think I'm going to throw up. Fuck Trump.

jelly

Obama is handing Trump a new home in the White House free of charge.

Whereas Trump didn't want any blacks living in his rental units.

HyYt5bX.png

I wonder if Trump will request they burn the sheets, carpets and upholstery.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have such anxiety right now.

The damage he is going to do with his cabinet is going to last for generations.

Bush's shit is still with us and the people he appointed is still there.

On the upside, any domestic policy will only last until the Democrats finally get control of Congress and the Presidency again (and they will, the pendulum always swings back). Foreign policy and the environment are unfortunately not in a good position.

for real?

Yep, due to a law he signed.

Originally presidents had protection for life. But then a law passed in the late 90s changed that for future presidents to only be a decade. I'm not sure what the point of the law was, but it was passed.

Obama repealed that law, and gave W and himself life time Secret Service coverage for life (along with Clinton, HW and Carter who already had coverage).

NH Apache

Banned
I wonder if Trump will request they burn the sheets, carpets and upholstery.

IIRC, the incoming president gets to choose desk and layout of the oval. I'm curious to see how much gold is going to be everywhere if this is anything like his home in NY.

One party controlling both Congress and the Presidency has happened several times before and still allows for checks within the system. I don't understand that argument. Trump is also working with a largely divided party.

jelly

So much white. It's like an LA Law cast photo.

I can't help thinking many are muttering under their breath, good riddance to the blacks.

Sure, there is good folk there too, shouldn't presume they are all like that just because their white.

That Bannon guys looks pure dirty psycho sleeze, bet he has a dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom