• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hahaha people still think he is against "the establishment" despite the fact that all of his policies, appointments, everything he has already laid out, are right out of the establishment republican wet dream playbook

The capacity for people to allow themselves to be fooled is fucking astounding.

FyreWulff

C2oW5FGUUAACuAX.jpg

America first, too many folks left behind, the people will rule the country, dream big, make America great again. Hopefully, Donald is not all talk and no action otherwise who knows where power will transfer next..

I voted for Hillary and would rather have her as president, but that was a pretty darn good speech. All I can do is wish for the best and keep an open mind.

As someone who was for Hillary, against trump and can't imagine him as our POTUS. The speech wasn't so bad as some say.

We're probably going to get stoned by most of GAF but do we really need more comparison pictures of Obama's and Trump's inauguration attendance? What good does that do?
Also I'm against the people rioting, do they forget about the peaceful transfer of power?

Remember GAF I don't support trump but some of you need to chill.

Yeah I know it was a speech, but I guess compared to all the times he's blabbered out of his ass, he actually sounded competent for a minute

Strip away however you feel about this, pro or anti President Trump.

Can you even fathom how it feels to have the weight of this job lifted off of your shoulders once this ceremony is officially over, and someone new has taken over? Have it be Obama, Bush, or anyone before.

I wouldn't be surprised if Obama is even more worried.

Jakoo

Strip away however you feel about this, pro or anti President Trump.

Can you even fathom how it feels to have the weight of this job lifted off of your shoulders once this ceremony is officially over, and someone new has taken over? Have it be Obama, Bush, or anyone before.

I wonder if transition periods are inherently peaceful just because the current president is just happy that someone, anyone, is going to relieve him of the job.

daveo42

Banned
God's actually weeping.

Also, most of the Christian God stuff is usually there during the inauguration, though the stuff coming specifically from Trump is a bit more than most recent Presidents. He was literally talking Manifest Destiny in an age of globalization, not imperialism.

Übermatik;228756349 said:
I knew the US had religious overtones to the inaugural process but... This all seems a bit too much? This is a LOT of religious rhetoric.

Some of you folks surprised at the the "religious rhetoric" especially for those born and raised here in the USA just don't know our history very well.

Ahhh ignorant folks.

Kadin

I just can't get over how bored Trump looks watching this. I mean, the guy is just so void of any emotion. Just seems so unhappy in his posture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom