• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotHamBoy

giphy.gif

Haines

Banned
Maybe if america put as much effort as they do in bashing trump into actually getting the right man in to office...

Anyways. Hes one man. Go about your day and bring good into the world, yourself. One man wont stop you guys.

Tubie

Hopefully he does right by the people.

lol

oh god I already feel sick

Maybe if america put as much effort as they do in bashing trump into actually getting the right man in to office...

Anyways. Hes one man. Go about your day and bring good into the world, yourself. One man wont stop you guys.

Yes, let's just ignore all the racist and xenophobic shit the next leader of the world has pledged to do.

Let's just let him fuck over millions of people without paying attention.

Ignorance is bliss.

RedZaraki

Banned
He's already stacked his cabinet to fuck our country up as much as possible as quickly as possible.

Mark my words: We are going to have another recession in the next 2 years.

Grenchel

It's not just one man though

Never watched an Inauguration before and not going to start now.

I'm basically the only person I know who didn't vote for Trump, who didn't want him to win, who's going to see this through.

It's a keep-your-friends-close-and-your-enemies-closer type of deal for me.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Minimal.

The senate we would be lucky to not lose more seats. It's an incredibly hostile maps for democrats, as this is the wave of senators that got elected when Obama win in 2016. There's something like 3 potential republicans who might be at risk, and then 10+ democrats.

In the house, probably a better chance - but the issue is gerrymandering. It creates a huge barrier for the democrats, in that they can get the highest number of votes but still not control the house.

Now, all cards off the table if Trump is revealed to be a Russian agent, launches a nuke or something truly catastrophic and unprecedented. But if he's merely a bad, racist, benefit cutting rich people rewarding republican I wouldn't be surprised at all if the democrats came off worse in 2018 than they did 2016.

Agreed on all points, but one other possible monkey wrench: if Trump gets really crosswise with the Republican congressional leadership resulting in a wave of vicious Republican primaries of incumbents vs. Trump true believer challengers, I could see some chaos and a chance for Dem pickups.

Maledict

He's already stacked his cabinet to fuck our country up as much as possible as quickly as possible.

Honestly it feels like the new administration is very aware they only have a limited time, and are intent on looting as much as they can as fast as they can. There's no long term thinking or strategy here, and no consideration for 2020 - it's a grab and run administration that's going to fuck over everyone as much as they can, knowing the democrats will have to fix it.

No matter who the president was we likely were going to have a recession during their term.

However, Trump will make it worse and his efforts to fix it once it hits are going to be pretty futile.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes

This is possible just due to the business cycle. A recession is overdue in this expansion (granted this expansion has been unlike all other postwar expansions).

Tubie

Honestly it feels like the new administration is very aware they only have a limited time, and are intent on looting as much as they can as fast as they can. There's no long term thinking or strategy here, and no consideration for 2020 - it's a grab and run administration that's going to fuck over everyone as much as they can, knowing the democrats will have to fix it.

I wonder how fast it will take for them to nuke the filibuster rule.

I have dreams of them getting rid of it and still not being able to pass shit thanks to nay votes from mccain and graham.

RedZaraki

Banned
Odds he launches a nuke somewhere this week, just for shits and giggles?

He could if he had the mind, and no one could stop it.

singhr1

It's half of America, over half of Congress, and the "leader" of America

The hyperbole surrounding Trump makes it very clear to me that millions of people don't understand how the American political system works.

Anyone know what's with the white platform/tile covering the ground on the Mall? Never seen that before. Is just it to stop the grass from getting so torn up, maybe?

Looks like it. When I went to a concert at a big football stadium the field was covered by similar raised tiles. Also the Midwest stays wet for much of the winter and yea the lawn would get rekt.

btrboyev

He has an entire party in power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom