• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I think we could do so much better with the communication technology we have.

If they're about 1,500 landlines, it's even worse.

What's a good reason for not expanding it to a much higher number with a much more prevalent communication method?

As we all know they never get it totally wrong or anything so 1,500 landline calls in 2017 is probably okay.

The ACA is a piecemeal pro-private industry neo-liberal piece of legislation that is going to collapse under the weight of its inefficiency.

There's nothing wrong with wanting something better instead of the half handed 'bones' that the democrats toss to their base once in a great while.

Single Payer.

You skipped my earlier reply to you. Nancy Pelosi passed a bill with a PUBLIC OPTION in the House. It was the Senate (specifically Lieberman) who screwed us.

rjinaz

Well trump hasn't directly contributed to the deaths of thousands yet

True. Yet. I mean he has destroyed the lives of thousands. Watch a documentary about his bankruptcy in the 90s and how the banks let him walk away.

But, they are still alive sure.

Coffinhal

I'm no expert, but I'd imagine the US military already has state of the art missiles

Giving back power to the people is taking up their money to give it back to mi/billionaires via tax refunds and to giant military corporations to increase the already largest military budget on Earth.

Yup.

RaGe_pt

Just listened to his speech. I think we are going to go through different times now. If he really "turns America inside", I mean, tries to focus more on the country by bringing the factories and the industry back to America, and since we are now living in such a globalized world, it is going to be very dangerous from now on. China mainly won't like this new approach. With UK leaving Europe, India rising, Russia not being number 1 enemy of the USA, we're in for a hell of a drive. Good luck humanity.

kevin1025

Banned
The fuckery begins.

C2oIvtUUkAAz-oh.jpg:large

empyrean

Isn't it a bit delusional to think Iran or North Korea have the desire or even the technology to launch a missile atttak on America? Just seems like a giant waste of money to build a new anti misfile defends system.

AndyD

aka andydumi
What exactly is crazy about that given how big cities usually vote to the left side all acros the world ?

It has nothing to do with cities. Many people traveled from all over the country in 09, and the number of bus permits pointed out above makes that clear.

Iksenpets

Banned
Wait. How does this affect me? I just bought a house last year.

Only affects you if you have an FHA loan. People with FHA loans will see their payment go up because of the increase in mortgage insurance premiums.

Edit: Sorry, I guess current mortgage holders won't see payment changes. Only people getting new loans will pay the increased rate.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I didn't think NK or Iran had anything with the range where we'd need to defend ourselves against them?

They don't, but Republicans would rather throw taxpayers money at pointless military projects than education, infrastructure or healthcare.

That half-assed healthcare reform was seen as so pro-business that it cost dems the 2010 election and gave the house to... the big business GOP. I agree the ACA was lacking and if it had a public option I'm sure we wouldn't be in this mess. But getting people access to an exchange, cracking down on amoral insurance practices cost a lot of political capital. The backlash could have been even worse.

It certainly doesn't help when you have someone like Rubio trying to undermine and inch it along towards issues.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/10/us/politics/marco-rubio-obamacare-affordable-care-act.html?_r=0

Well, here's my take on it. I thought it was bold and honest.

- He said this isn't about him, but the American people. He said he is working for all the American people.
- It doesn't matter what your skin color is, we are all one people. We all essentially want the same things, the freedoms of our country unites us and we are unstoppable when we work together.
- He called out the politicians and said they have benefited themselves at the expense of the people.
- Regarding trade, he basically said his priority is America first. He wants to bring back jobs.
- Two rules: Buy American and Build in America.
- He wants to strengthen the relationship with our allies and also make new ones. He wants America to be a good example to the rest of the world.
- He said he is going to work on rebuilding America's infrastructure instead of other countries.
- He said protecting America's borders and safety will come before protecting another countries borders.
- He said ISIS will be defeated.

It was a very patriotic speech, blunt and in stark contrast to how Obama has sounded the last few years. That being said, I had high hopes for Obama in 2008. People might not remember the climate he was elected under, but the conditions weren't too dissimilar to today. I see a lot of similarities, but others may disagree. Imo, America has a lot of the problems and it will take some tough medicine to fix them. I hope Trump can turn things around.

I think you forgot about the fact that we were in the middle of an economic collapse last time around.

That's not the case here... I would certainly like you to try and prove how that is the case though.

pixelation

So... people don't trust old people driving a car, yet they give wheel for the worlds "most powerful" country to this 70 year old orange wig wearing toad of a fart?

Why are presidents almost always old as dirt?

gutshot

Only affects you if you have an FHA loan. People with FHA loans will see their payment go up because of the increase in mortgage insurance premiums.

Pretty sure it doesn't affect people with current FHA loans. I know when the reduction first went into effect, you had to refinance to get the reduced PMI. I'm assuming it will be the case for the reverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom