• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 85th Academy Awards |OT| I like the way you snub, boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

J2 Cool

Am I alone in thinking Hathaway shouldn't win? Over the top kind of annoying performance. It was like she was forced to make every face and sound possible during her rendition of I Dreamed a Dream so the audience new it was live.

I preferred Amy Adams.

I thought she made the rest of Les Mis when she was offscreen, somewhat intolerable. So much better than everthing else about that movie.

Honestly I can't see how man. All it made me think was "I'm acting".

Maybe the reputation of her performance in the film preceded her in your case and you were mindful of it? I think you're insane. It felt incredibly genuine and moving. In a short amount of time you really understood the complete soul-crushing her character was experiencing.

Honestly I can't see how man. All it made me think was "I'm acting".

But at least it was convincing sitting.

I thought it was a really convincing breakdown (it reminded me a little of Brad Pitt's acting at the end of Se7en, and I think a lot of people aren't fans of that either) - plus it's a musical, it's going to be really hard to ever forget that they're acting.

Ridley327

Amy just kinda sat there during the movie.

She killed it in the bathroom scene between her and Hoffman, which is no small feat considering what was going on there.

But yeah, she was the weak link of the three leads, but I attribute that more to the writing for her role being more two-dimensional than it was for either Freddie or Dodd.

Maybe the reputation of her performance in the film preceded her in your case and you were mindful of it? I think you're insane. It felt incredibly genuine and moving. In a short amount of time you really understood the complete soul-crushing her character was experiencing.

I think I was predisposed. Maybe I will think different of it in the future when all this has worn off.

Best Animated Feature Film
Who will win: Brave
Who should win: ParaNorman or Wreck-It-Ralph
Who should have been nominated: n/a

Come on, even DisneyPixar knows Brave is going to get nothing and Wreck it Ralph is going to win. You have to visit their facebook page, is like Frankenweenie and Brave dont even exist lol

I dont have a problem with Ralph winning though, Rich Moore deserves the oscar.

Come on, even DisneyPixar knows Brave is going to get nothing and Wreck it Ralph is going to win. You have to visit their facebook page, is like Frankenweenie and Brave dont even exist lol

I dont have a problem with Ralph winning though, Rich Moore deserves the oscar.

ralph or paranorman. personally paranorman. fuck brave. score is life of pi.

jtb

Banned
Yes. I'll see Cloud Atlas on Thursday - which I hear has an amazing score, but otherwise John Carter had the score which impressed me most out of any film in 2012.

I really enjoyed the Anna Karenina soundtrack. Shame it has zero chance of winning the award.

edit: also Brave was really underwhelming. I don't really get what Pixar was going for with that one.

pringles

Why wasn't The Intouchables nominated for best foreign film??

Probably the best movie I saw last year.

Hope Sugarman wins Best Documentary, otherwise I've got no real investment.

Ridley327

Why wasn't The Intouchables nominated for best foreign film??

Probably the best movie I saw last year.

Hope Sugarman wins Best Documentary, otherwise I've got no real investment.

It was France's official selection for Best Foreign (thanks in no small part to the Weinstein involvement), but it didn't get enough votes.

Wilbur

Banned
I wanna watch this shit instead of fucking red carpet wankery. What time is the actual ceremony starting, around two hours?

Salsa

Christoph Waltz doesn't act. He just talks fancy.

jennifer-lawrence.gif

Hindle

Banned
Day Lewis deserves the Oscar but it is predictable whenever he's up for an award lol. He's always going to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom