• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 85th Academy Awards |OT| I like the way you snub, boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindle

Banned
I wonder what's its like being in the position of the people who are there? It has to be the best job in the world.

Somnia

Nintendo of America @NintendoAmerica
Enhance your #Oscars viewing experience by watching with #NintendoTVii! #WiiU

Wonder if they'll show movie stats like box office and stuff on the gamepad?

I've seen one movie in that entire OP (Brave). Also I hate Seth Macfarlane. And Hollywood. And awards shows.

Probably not the show for me!

Ridley327

What was the upset? Who was the frontrunner that year? DDL?

Yeah, DDL was the frontrunner for Gangs of New York. Not that I hated DDL in that film (far from it), but I loved Brody's performance in The Pianist and was bowled over when he took it.

thefro

Should be a pretty good show I think, particularly with the crop of musical stuff & some good best original song nominees.

Wish the "All Bonds" thing would have happened for the 50th anniversary, but we'll see what they end up doing.

harSon

Banned
Christoph Waltz doesn't act. He just talks fancy.

He's definitely overrated. More a product of Tarantino's brilliant writing than his own ability to bring a character to life. He's capable of making the most mediocre of actors come off as competent (I'm not saying he's mediocre).

effe

Banned
Idg why people care so much about the Oscars? They're a glorified golden globes/grammy's, basically. The winners are almost never indicative of the quality of their talent/artistry.

persongr

Idg why people care so much about the Oscars? They're a glorified golden globes/grammy's, basically. The winners are almost never indicative of the quality of their talent/artistry.

It probably falls in the "Guilty Pleasure" category. At least for me.

jtb

Banned

Well it's pretty obvious no one here is using it as a barometer for quality. It's just a fun thing to follow. Plus, can't deny it's got a lot more prestige than Golden Globes or the Grammys.

dont get me wrong I love ralph and I want it to win

but frankenweenie is gonna win

Serious question, why?

Even disney knows that their biggest possibilities are with ralph.

The only think ive heard of Ralph not winning is that voters went to the "safe choice" becuase they dont like the theme of videogames the movie had, but apart from that its the most obvious choice.

Salsa

Serious question, why?

Even disney knows that their biggest possibilities are with ralph.

The only think ive heard of Ralph not winning is that voters went to the "safe choice" becuase they dont like the theme of videogames the movie had, but apart from that its the most obvious choice.

I think frankenweenie fits more with the sensibility of oscar voters, more so when compared to ralph

hope im wrong, although I loved frankenweenie as well

Solo

I won't be watching. I think I'm done with watching the Oscars. Reading the results tomorrow will be sufficient.

Hopefully I wake up to see that Deakins won and hopefully SLP wins a lot of its noms.

Wilbur

Banned
I won't be watching. I think I'm done with watching the Oscars. Reading the results tomorrow will be sufficient.

Hopefully I wake up to see that Deakins won and hopefully SLP wins a lot of its noms.

Unlikely for both I'm afraid.

Sally Field says she already won. The nerve!
Kerry Washington is so fine.
She looks malnourished these days and also looks like she's had some work done. She looked better a while back:

1681011,4ed6S3v2zWk1GD6UDxN8BlwT0pTtOMusvGW2t6vM_WRbMtSCVai_EnHoxeVgiZb1aX+nfpXBgAMmtjWsCqzvHg==.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom