• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdytoroll

Just watched La La Land. It was absolutely fantastic. Such a bittersweet ending. I've only watched La La Land, Arrival, Hacksaw Ridge and Hell or High Water out of the best picture nominees and it's such a difficult decision, but I have to go with La La Land as the winner. It's the perfect celebration of music and Hollywood.

Sanjuro

If only Gervais was hosting. The Oscars aren't ready for that level of shade.

"From myself and Mel Gibson, shalom!"

I think Kimmel is a good blend. One thing I've gotten from him is he can switch between commercially viable to tossing out select shade when necessary.

dickroach

I just saw the animated shorts.
Pear Cider and cigarettes was a legit short film. It felt 5X longer than the other ones.
The Pixar one was great.
Blind Whatever was a pretentious half-of-a-cool idea.
Borrowing Time was also kinda not fleshed out.
I really liked Pearl.

Curious who wins. I've got no idea. Probably Piper

Kimmel's friendly with Gibson though, I thought? Puts him in sketches and shit every now and again, doesn't he?

I wouldn't bet on Mel getting darted from the stage during the monologue.

Floridian

Love her.

C5oYcoLWQAAVxsQ.jpg

Just watched La La Land. It was absolutely fantastic. Such a bittersweet ending. I've only watched La La Land, Arrival, Hacksaw Ridge and Hell or High Water out of the best picture nominees and it's such a difficult decision, but I have to go with La La Land as the winner. It's the perfect celebration of music and Hollywood.

Too bad you skipped out on the best movie lol

Love her.

I'm so glad Janelle Monae is finding success as an actress. I was always a bit bummed that she never got popular as a musician

Pachimari

Emma Stone has such a phenomenal dress.

Charlize Theron and Alicia Vikander have made some very poor choices unfortunately.

valeo

I've never hoped for a movie to lose; but I hope La La Land loses. Such a boring, uninspired, derivative movie that really says and does nothing new.

Yay, good looking people doing good looking things

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Okay. I can't watch and I don't know if the awards even started or if it's still red carpet but did Arrival win "Best Movie" yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom