• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The All-Encompassing Competitive Pokemon Thread (Tournament April 23rd)

So are Balb and Katbot officially out and turned into byes? Or will late signups take their place? If they become byes, I guess my next match is against OMG Aero.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Little Green Yoda said:
So are Balb and Katbot officially out and turned into byes? Or will late signups take their place? If they become byes, I guess my next match is against OMG Aero.
Katbot is back in. Her bracket position is current.

Balb is out unless he shows up before your next opponent is ready. I'm considering moving Merovin/JosM88 to his spot in order to get that last round 1 match resolved.

In fact, if you can arrange a match with either of those two before they can play each other, I'd probably prefer that.

Sixfortyfive

xSL4INx and I just had a pretty good match. It was a lot closer than the final tally made it look because one of his guys could have shred through the rest of my team had I not worn him down in time.

Need to do something about Merovin and JosM88. If the two of you are reading this, and there's no way you can take care of your match in the next couple of days, try getting in touch with Anonymous Tipster and Little Green Yoda to see which of your schedules overlap and if you could rearrange your bracket positions in such a way that things start moving forward. Since Balb probably isn't going to show, I can move one of you up to his spot to play Yoda.

It's not a big deal if we have to wait a day or two as long as you're pretty sure you can set up the match though.

Me and Merovin got our match out of the way. You already know how it went so there ya go.:p

I have a question though.

Is the next guy's name actually Anonymous Tipster? I didn't even know you could have usernames that long.:lol

I'll send a PM to that name and see what response I get back then.

Edit:
I sent a PM to that name and it went through. I'll wait and see if he responds.

Delio

Wiseblade i should be around maybe after noon Central time. I hope you dont mind using Shoddybattle as i rather just use that then mess with my wifi.

Wiseblade

Delio said:
Wiseblade i should be around maybe after noon Central time. I hope you dont mind using Shoddybattle as i rather just use that then mess with my wifi.

My wifi isn't perfect either so we'd probably never battle otherwise. :lol Central time... That's GMT-6 right?

Sixfortyfive

If OMG Aero & Katbot finish their match today, the winner plays Little Green Yoda.

I'm going to be gone for most of the afternoon, but I might be checking in every once in a while. I'll definitely be around for matches late tonight (after midnight ET).

Delio

Hey Wiseblade i'm around right now if your ready to battle. We can meet up on the Smogonuniversity server and i'll have the same name as i do here.

Wiseblade

Metroid Killer said:
Looking forward to the semifinals. Something tells me that Wiseblade is gonna win the tournament (unless Delio put a stopper to it)

Thanks for jynxing me... ¬.¬

Like I said before, 645 and Firestorm are the real favourites to win. I'm just lucky I don't have to face either of them before the final.

Delio, sorry I missed you yesterday, I'm good today too if you want to battle.

Delio

XD well i'll try my best to put a stopper to all expectations. Wiseblade im good now and i'll be on shoddybattle.

Wiseblade

Delio won 3-0 vs Wiseblade

I started off well, but I made two bad moves and it cost me the whole match. GG.

But really, I blame Metroid killer for jynxing me. :mad:

Sixfortyfive

Just finished my match with Tipster and updated the bracket. We're down to the final four already.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Metroid Killer said:
Firestorm vs SixFortyFive is gonna be some epic shit! Too bad the rest of us can't watch on a big screen live :D

Needs to be a feature of the next Pokemon WiiWare game (enter the video ID to watch.) Would be pretty great if they ever did something like Pokemon Box again.

Either that or the 3DS itself (composite out? drool... /dream)

Sixfortyfive

Speaking of which, if you've been saving match videos with the Battle Recorder, I'd like you to start sending/posting the video IDs as long as none of the remaining 3 players are involved.

Firestorm

Sixfortyfive beats Firestorm.

gg

I really need to remember not to do what I did there at VGC. I planned out the move, then did the second thing before the first. Switched to Dragonite without Encoring with Raichu and was confused when you did another move. Then I realized I hadn't Encore'd yet @_@

Sixfortyfive

gg

I could see what you were going for a couple of times, but it seemed like you forgot what circumstances prevented some of those moves from working.

Firestorm

Sixfortyfive said:
gg

I could see what you were going for a couple of times, but it seemed like you forgot what circumstances prevented some of those moves from working.
Yeah. That freeze on turn one wasn't much of a help for me and then when I forgot to use my move I knew I was done :lol Even made a terrible prediction when I used Thunderbolt. Dunno why I thought you'd do something else. You completely outplayed me.

El Sloth

Banned
That sucks, I was rooting for you Firestorm. Ah well.

Now that he's out I guess I can post this, here's my battle with Firestorm: 13-19664-92884

Edit: My mistake I put an 8 where a 9 was supposed to be. Fixed now.

Sixfortyfive

Watching the replay right now. I see what you were talking about. I was wondering why you were switching so much. Thought you were just trying to drain me of PP.

El Sloth said:
That sucks, I was rooting for you Firestorm. Ah well.
Well I never!

Sixfortyfive

Anyway, Delio gets first pick from the prize list in the OP no matter how this turns out. Firestorm and Katbot get the next picks. If they want the same thing then they have to fight over it.

I'm not going to reveal anything about the mystery pokemon except that you probably shouldn't pick it if you don't want illegal 'mons. I also do not give refunds or exchanges.

El Sloth

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
Anyway, Delio gets first pick from the prize list in the OP no matter how this turns out. Firestorm and Katbot get the next picks. If they want the same thing then they have to fight over it.

I'm not going to reveal anything about the mystery pokemon except that you probably shouldn't pick it if you don't want illegal 'mons. I also do not give refunds or exchanges.

Wait, should I edit out my battle with Firestorm then?

Sixfortyfive

So what do you want to do? Considering there was only 1 KO and it was in the first turn it'd be reasonably easy to get about to where we were.

I'm not even sure if I want to play it through though. :lol As soon as I saw your water type I was like "Oh man, this is gonna be awful."

Delio

Sixfortyfive said:
So what do you want to do? Considering there was only 1 KO and it was in the first turn it'd be reasonably easy to get about to where we were.

I'm not even sure if I want to play it through though. :lol As soon as I saw your water type I was like "Oh man, this is gonna be awful."

Hah we could try again if you wanted but yeah just started becoming reallyyyy stally.

Sixfortyfive

If you seriously don't think there's anything you can do with your network, let's just do this on Shoddy. Nobody is going to want to watch this anyway. Let's at least play out the first turn the same way. Do you care if we just go with the flow on the rest?

It's been ages since I used this thing. Need to set up my team.

Delio

Yeah i would really prefer shoddy. Sorry for depriving people of the Final round. Though honestly You vs Firestorm was probably the one people wanted to see haha. I'll be on Smogon University server. And yeah i dont mind the first turn going the same.

Top Bottom