• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE:MILKMAN

Something like a Fiesta would probably be easy enough to get insured on

Just saw this

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...earch/true/page/68/postcode/bt473xj?logcode=p

Looks almost too good to be true! I was expecting more this shape Fiesta for that budget

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...earch/true/page/68/postcode/bt473xx?logcode=p

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...t473xx/quicksearch/true/radius/1501?logcode=p

That first Fiesta is a con for sure. Looks like a scammer is using details of a small dealer to advertise.

It is a very old ruse. Entice customer with a low priced car and then rob you of £2000 when you turn up to view.

@Cozzy......If you are under 21, expect to pay upto £2000 or more the first year on insurance for a basic Fiesta/Corsa/Yaris.

I passed my test at 22 and was facing a £1000+ first year insurance premium for a £500 Fiesta back in 2000. In the end I decided to buy a new car on a PCP for £150 a month that came with a years free insurance.

It didn't seem right to me to pay £500 for a car and £1000+ for insurance. It is even worse now....

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
What are you talking about? Your goofy statement has nothing to do with what *I* like. The point is, the generalizations you made are flat-out wrong.
So the Focus, Fit, Fiesta, etc are POS cars? Not true.
Really? I can think of some amazingly bad-ass cars that look like everyday common cars yet people ogle over them:
Forester STI (also totally blows your 'boxy' comment out of the water)
http://image.modified.com/f/30886353/modp_0911_04_o+building_your_own_subaru_forester_sti+doug_nelsons_xt.jpg[/img
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX / Eagle Talon TSi AWD / Plymouth Laser RS Turbo AWD
[img]http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2758/1661/31893330001_large.jpg[/img
This one was dumb too. It just sounds ignorant when you consider what kind of sedans are available today:
M3 E90/92 Sedan
[img]http://www.bmwtuner.net/wp-content/uploads/vorsteiner_e90m3-1.jpg[/img
Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
[img]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/06/ctsv-review001_opt.jpg[/img
Lexus IS-F
[img]http://carceria.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Lexus-ISF-Image.jpg[/img
Mercedes C63 AMG
[img]http://www.carshowp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/2012-mercedes-benz-c63-amg-sedan-rear-side-view.jpg[/img
ANY BMW M5
[img]http://www.ssip.net/upload/bmw-m5-e60-back-1_72.jpg[/img
When you pop into a thread with such bold, false statements, it's annoying.[/QUOTE]

Post of the year!
Really couldnt agree more....and i love that you chose a Gen 1 DSM for ordinary looking car worth ogling over, makes me feel so warm inside.

[quote="FStop7, post: 34082053"]Wow, what manga is this? Love the artwork.[/QUOTE]

Its [B]Sun Ken Rock[/B] - Dont be fooled there arent that many car scenes in it, its a Mafia manga that just so happens to have a few car scenes here and there.

Zyzyxxz

If it looks like a box, a bubble or an egg it's a piece if shit.

If it looks like an everyday common car, it's not worth ogling over.

If it's a sedan, give it back to grandma after dropping off the kids.

Wow this post is just so full of fail. Boob Physics totally owned you but to put in my 2 cents:

You have never driven a Cadillac CTS-V so don't go knocking 4-door saloons. I would take it over most 2 door cars in the same price range. Take your shitty generalizations out of here there's no place for them here.

kharma45

That first Fiesta is a con for sure. Looks like a scammer is using details of a small dealer to advertise.

It is a very old ruse. Entice customer with a low priced car and then rob you of £2000 when you turn up to view.

Cheers for the second pair of eyes, knew it was too good to be true!

I feel a little out of place bringing this up in this thread, but does anyone else here value reliability in the cars they buy? I'm a frugal type of guy, especially when dealing with something as expensive as a car. I'm looking to replace my 2007 Civic sedan, and I'm wanting this to be a 10 year car for my wife and I.

There are so many brands I'd love to check out but the reliability scares me off. The new Civic doesn't interest me at all. So I'm really feeling lost at the moment. I'm certainly in no hurry, but it's frustrating seeing so few cars that excite me but are also reliable.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I feel a little out of place bringing this up in this thread, but does anyone else here value reliability in the cars they buy? I'm a frugal type of guy, especially when dealing with something as expensive as a car. I'm looking to replace my 2007 Civic sedan, and I'm wanting this to be a 10 year car for my wife and I.

There are so many brands I'd love to check out but the reliability scares me off. The new Civic doesn't interest me at all. So I'm really feeling lost at the moment. I'm certainly in no hurry, but it's frustrating seeing so few cars that excite me but are also reliable.

Even if it wasn't about money, I would still want something super reliable because of the inconvenience, which is why I just couldn't ever buy a sport tuned European car - Audi S, BMW M, AMG etc. Just asking for trouble.

If a Civic doesn't excite you, look at a Mazda 3. Fast, frugal, reliable and a lot more interesting to drive. And new Fords are surprisingly well made. Look at a Focus fo sho.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Wow this post is just so full of fail. Boob Physics totally owned you but to put in my 2 cents:

You have never driven a Cadillac CTS-V so don't go knocking 4-door saloons. I would take it over most 2 door cars in the same price range. Take your shitty generalizations out of here there's no place for them here.

I have and it single-handedly converted me to considering a Caddy. Just absolutely remarkable turnaround in quality and performance and comfort. Interior was amazing. A bit firm, but felt like a 3 series.

ascii42

I have and it single-handedly converted me to considering a Caddy. Just absolutely remarkable turnaround in quality and performance and comfort. Interior was amazing. A bit firm, but felt like a 3 series.
Speaking of Cadillacs...
this is the new ATS, it's supposed to compete directly with the 3 series. Exterior is more or less what I'd expect. I like the grille, but the rear end doesn't look right to me. Interior looks nice though. The important thing for this car is of course going to be how it drives.
2.jpg

2013-cadillac-ats08.jpg

2013-cadillac-ats10.jpg

1.jpg

Even if it wasn't about money, I would still want something super reliable because of the inconvenience, which is why I just couldn't ever buy a sport tuned European car - Audi S, BMW M, AMG etc. Just asking for trouble.

If a Civic doesn't excite you, look at a Mazda 3. Fast, frugal, reliable and a lot more interesting to drive. And new Fords are surprisingly well made. Look at a Focus fo sho.

I would definitely consider the Mazda 3, but that smiley faced front end just kills that car for me.

I do. I place reliability so high on my list that just like Frankie below, I won't go AMG, M, or S series because of it. The only Euro performance car I'd buy is Porsche, because of their reliability!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Does anybody have a CarFax account? I'd like to run the VIN of my old Maxima and see if it's still alive somewhere in NY.

kharma45

New Ford Mondeo looks very Aston Martin at the front with that grille, and I see a tiny bit of Lambo Aventador at the back in it

EHl7t.jpg

ylezc.jpg

AlphaSnake

It's basically a facelifted Mondeo.

I'm not complaining. It took too damn long to get it here.

Its called a Body Rotisserie

Anyway, i was hoping some detective-gaf members would be able to identify this truck:
mSll6.jpg

I must know what truck this thing is based off of.
Thanks in advance.
Kinda looks WW2-era but stylized?...im not very good with trucks.

What manga is this?

EDIT: Nevermind, it sun ken rock.

New Ford Mondeo looks very Aston Martin at the front with that grille, and I see a tiny bit of Lambo Aventador at the back in it

The Hotness

I'm stunned by how good that looks. It makes me mad that it's taken so long to see proper good looks on an everyday people-mover. Now bring it to the damned states.

Does anybody have a CarFax account? I'd like to run the VIN of my old Maxima and see if it's still alive somewhere in NY.

Careful about this, last I heard it was the automotive equivalent of asking for video game torrents. I know it's bannable on at least one forum I frequent.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'm stunned by how good that looks. It makes me mad that it's taken so long to see proper good looks on an everyday people-mover. Now bring it to the damned states.
Can you call that an everyday people mover, though? It's basically an expensive luxury car, just with a Ford badge.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Can you call that an everyday people mover, though? It's basically an expensive luxury car, just with a Ford badge.

mondeo is a luxury car? the front grille looks like an Aston yeah but the rest of that looks like the mondeo/taurus/evo concept . wouldnt call that a luxury car...and what other badge would it have l?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
mondeo is a luxury car? the front grille looks like an Aston yeah but the rest of that looks like the mondeo/taurus/evo concept . wouldnt call that a luxury car...and what other badge would it have l?
Looks about as or more luxury than any Lincoln (their luxury brand) to me, which is basically what I meant to say - a car that happens to have a Ford badge instead of Lincoln badge.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Looks about as or more luxury than any Lincoln (their luxury brand) to me, which is basically what I meant to say - a car that happens to have a Ford badge instead of Lincoln badge.

ah i see, well we'll see what lincoln has in store soon enough they are debuting a new car on the 12th i think, might get a leak before that though.

ascii42

oh, so it's not coming to the US? I guess that would be too much like right. It would sell boatloads.
It's coming here as the Ford Fusion.

ah i see, well we'll see what lincoln has in store soon enough they are debuting a new car on the 12th i think, might get a leak before that though.
Yeah. Lincoln is going to show off the MKZ concept, which should more or less give us an idea of the production version. The current MKZ is basically a gussied up Fusion, so it's likely the next MKZ will be related to the new Fusion somehow.

Halvie

Banned
Speaking of Cadillacs...
this is the new ATS, it's supposed to compete directly with the 3 series. Exterior is more or less what I'd expect. I like the grille, but the rear end doesn't look right to me. Interior looks nice though. The important thing for this car is of course going to be how it drives.
2.jpg

YES. First Cadillac I am seriously interested in. Hoping for a decent engine choice. Fairly light weight (~3.2k lbs). Perfect size for me. Should be a beast.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
It's coming here as the Ford Fusion.

Yeah. Lincoln is going to show off the MKZ concept, which should more or less give us an idea of the production version. The current MKZ is basically a gussied up Fusion, so it's likely the next MKZ will be related to the new Fusion somehow.

dont think so , the 2012 one is , but the new lincoln is supposed to get their own design language...we'll see.

that said you guys see the new Tru 140S concept from GM? pretty cool little car havent seen any interior shots yet though.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I love them adding the Ford logo to the hood. Makes it look classy as fuck.

Waaghals

The new Mondeo and the new Fusion is the same car. The euro-spec version (the Mondeo) makes its public appearance in march in Geneva, all these pictures are from the US-spec version. In all likelihood the two cars will be very similar.

TylerD

oh, so it's not coming to the US? I guess that would be too much like right. It would sell boatloads.

2013 Ford Fusion

e8Ht9.jpg

beatin:

Ford will be showing the 2013 Lincoln MKZ concept Tuesday. This is being heralded as the biggest show ever for Lincoln because they are supposed to be taking big steps to completely distinguish it from the Ford offerings.

NZkdA.jpg

AlphaSnake

Dave Inc. said:
Careful about this, last I heard it was the automotive equivalent of asking for video game torrents. I know it's bannable on at least one forum I frequent.

:\ That sucks.

I just wanted to check up on my old car. Alright, I won't ask again I guess. CarFax is such a massive jip, though. $35 for a report. Unreal.

ascii42

YES. First Cadillac I am seriously interested in. Hoping for a decent engine choice. Fairly light weight (~3.2k lbs). Perfect size for me. Should be a beast.
They've announced 3 engines so far. A 2.5L naturally aspirated I4 producing 200hp, a 2L turbo producing 270hp, and a 3.6L V6 putting out 318 hp. Supposedly a diesel is in the works as well. No word yet on the ATS-V, which will likely either have a turbo V6 or a N/A V8.

Ford will be showing the 2013 Lincoln MKZ concept Tuesday. This is being heralded as the biggest show ever for Lincoln because they are supposed to be taking big steps to completely distinguish it from the Ford offerings.

NZkdA.jpg
For some reason I really like this.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I know someone posted some leaked picture of new Lincoln MKS some pages back, and it didn't look so hot :\ The grille actually looked like a big devolution from the current design.

That's the new fusion. Base price max $22k

The MKS was a mild refresh, the MKZ is ground up new and will point to Lincoln's future direction. MKS is a placeholder.

Halvie

Banned
They've announced 3 engines so far. A 2.5L naturally aspirated I4 producing 200hp, a 2L turbo producing 270hp, and a 3.6L V6 putting out 318 hp. Supposedly a diesel is in the works as well. No word yet on the ATS-V, which will likely either have a turbo V6 or a N/A V8.

Would be happy with either the turbo v6 or the v8. Interior looks outstanding too.

Zyzyxxz

:\ That sucks.

I just wanted to check up on my old car. Alright, I won't ask again I guess. CarFax is such a massive jip, though. $35 for a report. Unreal.

Hmm I use to pay people $10 for them to give me a single carfax in the past. I wouldn't say its like video game torrenting but more like paying somebody else to rent the video game they bought. I use to do it on New Celica all the time when people would buy a 1 year or 1 month unlimited and offered it to other forum members for cheap who only wanted to check one car.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Sort of want. At least Honda still has something cool.

As far as performance hybrid supercars, though, the Porsche 918 > NSX > everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom