• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Automotive Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

golem

enzo_gt said:
Your friend has a GT-R? Hot damn. I want friends like yours.

And every time I see a rapper with a tuned Panamera, I think the same thing I think when I see them in a rented Bugatti Veyron: they're only driving it because they think its new and quite obviously a status symbol. The problem with these shooting brake/4 door coupe style cars is, Mercedes decided to make it a trend, and is the only one who's done the profile of the car right. Everyone else can't get the side or the rear to look anything other than a bulbous mess.
Sure its a status symbol but from what I understand it drives great for a sedan. I agree the whole 4 door coupe thing is kind of awkward.. although I did see an Aston Martin Rapide yesterday and it looked pretty stunning.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
golem said:
Sure its a status symbol but from what I understand it drives great for a sedan. I agree the whole 4 door coupe thing is kind of awkward.. although I did see an Aston Martin Rapide yesterday and it looked pretty stunning.
Completely forgot about the Rapide. I didn't even know they were on sale already.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I'd love to get my hands on a Audi S5 V8 in a couple of years once it hits under $30k as a project car. I'd have to do some major work to get that weight down though (3850, ouch), and probably pull the engine and get it built up. Then again, it is a project car!

Man I want me a Ford Raptor. :(

uYNh2.jpg

golem

enzo_gt said:
Completely forgot about the Rapide. I didn't even know they were on sale already.
Me either. I was like wtf, an Aston in my neck of the woods? Then it was wtf, it has 4 doors??

reilo said:
I'd love to get my hands on a Audi S5 V8 in a couple of years once it hits under $30k as a project car. I'd have to do some major work to get that weight down though (3850, ouch), and probably pull the engine and get it built up. Then again, it is a project car!
The A5 2.0T might be more fun to tune. Not sure how much you can squeeze out of that V8 without doing something major. Also the bodies are pretty similar.

reilo

golem said:
The A5 2.0T might be more fun to tune. Not sure how much you can squeeze out of that V8 without doing something major. Also the bodies are pretty similar.
Yeah, probably, but I want a V8 dammit.

Zyzyxxz

reilo said:

Or save yourself the money you would spend on modding and put it torward an RS5!

reilo

Zyzyxxz said:
Or save yourself the money you would spend on modding and put it torward an RS5!
If it ever comes stateside...

Also, I'd have to wait many many more years for the RS5's price to go down before I could afford one. I'm not even sure if they'll offer it in manual, because I don't want a two-pedal system.

Enron

Banned
I got my hands on some nifty autos today. I happen to be out shopping and this was out in the center of the mall.

Lambo Gallardo
5399492792_7875479b12_b.jpg

5398885255_05cb828c25_b.jpg

5398882579_c5b63a2aea_b.jpg

Lotus Evora 2+2
5399489372_eb96df4756_b.jpg

And some Aston Martin, I forget which. Was around 200 grand on the sticker price, if that helps.
5399496218_b0b982e4a2_b.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Friend of mine wants to get a black on black fj40, with black rims, maybe a Matt black roof and some other mild customization. Anyone recommend someone for simple cosmetic stuff like that in CA?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Enron said:
Gross. It looks like a fish.

That's a photoshop and a bad one. It'll look nothing like that. AutoExpress' renders are never close to the actual thing.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Local dealership got a red 2010 wrx with 21k miles for $25k, which is right around blue book. What's a reasonable offer?

AlphaSnake

...yet still has the same horrific interior.

Seriously, the Camaro's interior has become a joke in almost every review these days. It really is THAT bad in person.

reilo

AlphaSnake said:

Seriously, the Camaro's interior has become a joke in almost every review these days. It really is THAT bad in person.
Is it worse than the Mustang GT interior?

AlphaSnake

reilo said:
Is it worse than the Mustang GT interior?

Seeing as how the new Mustang interior is fairly decent (though not great), yes. The Camaro is the epitome of shit, the absolute worst interior of any car I've sampled including everything $15K and up.

reilo

AlphaSnake said:
Seeing as how the new Mustang interior is fairly decent (though not great), yes. The Camaro is the epitome of shit, the absolute worst interior of any car I've sampled including everything $15K and up.
That's awful. I found the GT interior offensive. That alone turned the Mustang from a "hey, this might be a potential purchase in the future" to "hahah hell fucking no".

ascii42

AlphaSnake said:

Well, they did add suede. Steering wheel is different too.
21cxbi0.jpg

But yeah, if you want a fast car with a nice interior, there is the CTS-V.

ascii42

Jamesfrom818 said:
The suede makes it look like its dirty and dusty already.
Probably depends on lighting and angle, looks alright in these. Only thing I really don't like is the radio and HVAC controls.
35hi9g6.jpg

t6z3ti.jpg

Hello auto gaf..

I didn't realize that gaf has a automobile discussion.

Now I have a forum that has all my interest...Street fighter, Kpop and Cars...WOOT!!

I has a GT-R!

5360965277_b74d3c0c6f_b.jpg

Its really dayam fast...and the 2012 will be even faster...

It doesn't feel like a you'r driving a videogame or does it drive itself....so don't believe the hate.

I had an NSX and the GT-R is league above it.

shinshoryuken said:
Hello auto gaf..

Now I have a forum that has all my interest...Street fighter, Kpop and Cars...WOOT!!

I has a GT-R!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5282/5360965277_b74d3c0c6f_b.jpg[IMG]

It doesn't feel like a you'r driving a videogame or does it drive itself....so don't believe the hate.

I had an NSX and the GT-R is league above it.[/QUOTE]

I see one everyday in my office garage.

I hate you.

Jamesfrom818 said:
I see one everyday in my office garage.

I hate you.

You know what I notice?

The GT-R is the kind of car that doesn't look good in pictures..but in person its gorgeous!..don't you agree?

Most people think its an ugly pig even thought they've never seen one in person.

shinshoryuken said:
You know what I notice?

The GT-R is the kind of car that doesn't look good in pictures..but in person its gorgeous!..don't you agree?

Most people think its an ugly pig even thought they've never seen one in person.

I love it in pictures, in person and as a little Hot Wheels car that I have on my office desk.

ascii42 said:
Probably depends on lighting and angle, looks alright in these. Only thing I really don't like is the radio and HVAC controls.
35hi9g6.jpg

t6z3ti.jpg
looks fine to my eyes...I just worry about the low visibility out of the windows.

I knocked the CTS Coupe of of my list of possibilities after a test drive as well. it's ridiculous to not be able to see out of the back windows.

Dreams-Visions said:
looks fine to my eyes...I just worry about the low visibility out of the windows.

I knocked the CTS Coupe of of my list of possibilities after a test drive as well. it's ridiculous to not be able to see out of the back windows.

Its a shot specifically for advertising. Your interior would look more like:

21cxbi0.jpg

than those promotional shots.

AlphaSnake

They fixed the wheel and shift knob...that's a start. Now to fix that hideous center console and call it a day.

reilo

AlphaSnake said:
They fixed the wheel and shift knob...that's a start. Now to fix that hideous center console and call it a day.
That shift-knob looks like a cock.

BloodySinner said:
2012 Charger SRT8.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/02/01-2012-dodge-charger-srt8.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/09/2012-dodge-charger-srt8-chicago-2011/"]I want.[/URL][/QUOTE]

Me too. I wonder if it would be cheaper to haggle or just use my Chrysler Affiliate discount.

witness

Man the new ZL1 and the Charger SRT8 are super sexy. 305 rears on the ZL1!? Yes please, Ford needs to take notes for the GT500, 285's do not cut it.

shinshoryuken said:
blah blah GTR blah
not making fun, I just didn't want to quote the whole thing.

One the great things about the GTR is that it doesn't scream attention whore like other supercars. It also has to be the fact that most GTR owners don't drive like douchebags.

AlphaSnake

witness said:
Man the new ZL1 and the Charger SRT8 are super sexy. 305 rears on the ZL1!? Yes please, Ford needs to take notes for the GT500, 285's do not cut it.

GT500 has a live-rear axle which greatly reduces wheel-hop, so Ford was able to skimp out on the costs of the wheels by fitting those 285s.

doitlive said:
not making fun, I just didn't want to quote the whole thing.

One the great things about the GTR is that it doesn't scream attention whore like other supercars. It also has to be the fact that most GTR owners don't drive like douchebags.

I've only met one GTR on the road. I pulled up next to it at a light, complimented him on the car and we chatted until the light turned green. He then burned me and little ole Civic and waved.

AlphaSnake

Jamesfrom818 said:
I've only met one GTR on the road. I pulled up next to it at a light, complimented him on the car and we chatted until the light turned green. He then burned me and little ole Civic and waved.

Sir, what is the source of your avatar? Who is she? :)

vanty

shinshoryuken said:
Hello auto gaf..

I has a GT-R!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5282/5360965277_b74d3c0c6f_b.jpg

I had an NSX and the GT-R is league above it.
Only R35 GT-R I've seen driving around had learner plates, meaning it was being driven by someone who is probably 16 or 17, with their father in the passenger seat. Quite strange to be learning to drive in one of the fastest production cars in the world.

Even stranger is that I've seen one of only twenty (I think?) R34 GT-R Z-tunes in existence, drove alongside one for 10 minutes on a freeway a few years ago. It's the only one outside of Japan I think.

01cclass30.jpg

I'm thinking about cancelling my S5 order for this one. As soon as the details for this car come out in the next few weeks, I'll have a decision to make. it looks FUCKING SICK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom