• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The average score for Starfield: Shattered Space on OpenCritic and Metacritic is very positive, sitting at 90 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokurho

Metacritic
Opencritic
Jesse Norris
9 / 10.0
Starfield’s first expansion is an excellent dive into one of the game’s key pieces of lore. There are answers to be had and mysteries to be born anew. It is all wrapped up in one of the best looks I’ve seen in a video game to date. For any fan of the base game, this is a solid 10+ hour adventure you do not want to miss.
eAWyulz.jpeg

Space Travel Rocketship GIF by Bethesda

Game of the Year 2024🙅‍♂️💍🙆‍♂️

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll

Xbox era--90/100

"...on Series X ... it runs like a dream. I primarily played in the 40fps mode on my 120hz display and it was the best mix of smooth aiming and excellent lighting that the console could offer"

I can't trust someone whose dreams are 40 fps, even if their name includes Xbox.

GHG

Agreed, but also no. User reviews can also give low scores or negative reviews for petty reasons.

It's highly unlikely over 50% of people who review a game having purchased it on Steam are likely to leave negative reviews for "petty" reasons.

Xbox Era? Sure, because we don't have any reason to believe that they won't be biased... Not even one...

I haven't played it but I imagine it goes a bit like this. It's a £26/$30 DLC featuring one new planet and a new storyline. Some new bits and pieces, but ultimately all within the same game that came out last year. If you like Starfield and want more, you're probably going to like it. If you didn't like Starfield then this almost definitely won't change your mind and it's not exactly cheap to find out if it would change your mind.

What was the point of this thread exactly?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
It's highly unlikely over 50% of people who review a game having purchased it on Steam are likely to leave negative reviews for "petty" reasons.
Perhaps not 50%, but it can be a significant percentage. You can’t just blindly trust them, just like you cannot blindly trust critics. What I usually do is go and read individual reviews and try to capture the general sentiment, both among critics and players.
Yeah they can,true, but do you trust critic reviews now, who clearly have various agenda's instead of just the quality of the game itself.
Haven’t trusted most critics in a while. I usually either go to Youtube and watch more neutral critics or if I use mainstream sites, I read the reviews. A lot of the time, the actual reviews doesn’t even match the final score.

Laptop1991

Perhaps not 50%, but it can be a significant percentage. You can’t just blindly trust them, just like you cannot blindly trust critics. What I usually do is go and read individual reviews and try to capture the general sentiment, both among critics and players.

Haven’t trusted most critics in a while. I usually either go to Youtube and watch more neutral critics or if I use mainstream sites, I read the reviews. A lot of the time, the actual reviews doesn’t even match the final score.
Yeah, agreed, i watch youtube playthroughs before i buy all the time now.

GHG

Yep, I agree, especially on the not taking the overall user score at face value and reading the specific issues people have with the game.

In the case of this game, I didn't see anything I'd define as "petty" when I last glanced at the reviews.

Gaiff

Yep, I agree, especially on the not taking the overall user score at face value and reading the specific issues people have with the game.

In the case of this game, I didn't see anything I'd define as "petty" when I last glanced at the reviews.
Oh, I wasn’t talking about this game in particular, just in general. In this case, I believe the users. If it sits at 50%, there likely is a major issue with the game. Last I checked, there is no controversy like forced sign-in, scummy DLC tactics, or anything of the sort. There must be a very good reason for the score on Steam to be this low.

Reactions: GHG
Oh, I wasn’t talking about this game in particular, just in general. In this case, I believe the users. If it sits at 50%, there likely is a major issue with the game. Last I checked, there is no controversy like forced sign-in, scummy DLC tactics, or anything of the sort. There must be a very good reason for the score on Steam to be this low.
The issue is, its more Starfield.

As if that can be issue by itself.

There is nothing specific to harp on this time like Loading screens, procedural generation etc.

So they are saying its more of a Starfield, Bethesda is bad, Skyrim was bad etc etc.

Total clown show.

Gaiff

The issue is, its more Starfield.

As if that can be issue by itself.

There is nothing specific to harp on this time like Loading screens, procedural generation etc.

So they are saying its more of a Starfield, Bethesda is bad, Skyrim was bad etc etc.

Total clown show.
From what little I read, the issue is that it’s extremely short and thin in new content. You’re paying what, $30? For what is essentially a short story expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom