• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The AWS (abused wife syndrome) ESPN NFL 2005 Xbox league! Last time Sega! LAST TIME!

Simeon Rice

TOT SOLO AST SACK FF BK PD INT YDS LNG TD
28 27 1 13 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Hugh Douglas

TOT SOLO AST SACK FF BK PD INT YDS LNG TD
21 21 0 14 1 0 1 0 0 0 0

DMczaf

Best Offense: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 37 PPG, 336.8 Yds Per Game

Best DE: Simeon Rice - 28 Tackles, 13 sacks

Best DB: Brian Kelly - 41 Tackles, 3 Interceptions, 9 Passes Defensed, 1 Touchdown

Best Defense: Tampa Bay - 186 Ypg Allowed, 7.2 PPG allowed

Most Dominant Team: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Avg. margin of victory 30 PPG

Mid-season Favorite: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

:)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Whats it say about the Texans and Andydouches old team? :p

ShadowRed

Banned
So when do we get to play nexte weeks game. I'm tired of fucking playing random asshats who know nothing except how to QB run. I'm so tired of that shit. From now on any motherfucker who pulls that type of BS I will DC and not feel bad about it.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
people that cheet get the DC, i dont care about my record online, only in the league and thats nothing to brag about

Cloudy

Banned
Guys, I deleted the first 8-man EQ league by accident while deleting a tourney. I remade it but I'm too lazy to send out pms again. Instead of more tournies, we can try this for a while...

name = GAEQerz
pass = espn

If you like more realistic stats and wanna experiment with this, join :D

Cloudy

Banned
Good game, CK. I really thought you would pass when you were down with 40 secs left. I guessed wrong and got burned.

PS: This is why I want EQ, fellas :)

Mrbob

:lol Kotex didn't follow his own defensive tips. :lol

Cloudy said:
Good game, CK. I really thought you would pass when you were down with 40 secs left. I guessed wrong and got burned.

You guessed wrong and got burned. You shouldn't need EQ to help out your own defensive ineficiency. :p

PS Welcome back to the pack! :D

Cloudy

Banned
With the super-power backs, you can't stop them unless you call bear, And with 40 secs left, I wasn't expecting him to run so I was playing pass d. OWNED :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Kotex didn't follow his own defensive tips.

Oh, I tried to. My plan was to score first and make him pass but I threw 2 picks in his territory on my first 2 possessions so I was down and there was no incentive for him to pass the ball....

DMczaf

Tiki with 20 rushes for 230 yards and 3 TDs?

Let's take a look at Konex's awesome strategy thread!

Run Defense

I don't claim to be a guru at Run D but when Tiki Barber gets 200 yards after he barely gets 20 on me an hour earlier (I used the same team the Giants owner played in his league game), it's time to drop some knowledge..

the-laughing-CHrist.jpg

ShadowRed

Banned
Cloudy said:

EQ won't stop you from choosing crappy defensive plays. You should have been in zone not man.

Cloudy

Banned
Well, when I played CK those times, he actually passed the ball :lol

The run defense tips haven't changed. If you don't give the guys with power rbs a reason to pass, they won't and you'll lose :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well with 12.1 yards per carry across 3 backs, there was no reason to pass.

I didn't want to post in this topic after this game, as I said on #ga, but my offensive gameplan before the game was pretty simple. You play zone and keep your DBs off of the WRs in order to maximize your ints. I was going to try a 60-40 pass-run attack in which I would do a lot of quick outs and curls against your guys sitting in zone. I subbed in Carter (as you saw) for speed, as he is one of the fastest guys on my team.

Looking at the first drive, I ran on first down, passed on second and third down, kicked the FG. Second drive, ran on first and second, threw for a first down on 3rd, and my first down pass was picked off (curl pass to Shockey). That's already 4 passes to 3 runs, which is totally uncharacteristic of me in both ESPN and Madden. The next drive after that I got it to 5-5 passing and running, and then my running suddenly became effective. After that drive none of my other drives were more than 4 plays, and the one situation in which I needed to pass, I did, and it was incomplete.

Total of 31 offensive plays from me in that game, as opposed to your 59. 8 pass plays, 23 runs. Barber alone went 20 carries 260 yards. The fact that it is almost impossible to fumble in this game encourages me to run with him. Him being a power RB in this game is a bit off-putting though.

I wanted to not run too much against Konex because I thought he would be able to stop it, he has before. I called a lot of cutback plays and it worked to my advantage.

HGPlayer, whenever you are ready.

Cloudy

Banned
Dude, I still think you're a bit of a douche for banning me that time WHEN I DID NOTHING WRONG but I'm not faulting your game :p You played to your strengths and won. Kudos :D

I've been advocating EQ in this thread for days before we played so don't think I'm calling you cheese or anything. I just think it's a bit ridiculous that Tiki leads the league in broken tackles with 40+ plus while the 2nd best isn't even 30. EQ fixes all that since there are more fumbles and you can't really "abuse" any one player :)

Is it the next week yet?

Yes

We can play monday monday night after 11pm CT when none of the houses PC will be used. However, if you want to go now...we might have to deal with a bit of lag spikes....your call dude. :)

Top Bottom