• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best Zelda dungeon according to GAF

Link to the Past: Turtle Rock

I think that might be my favourite in terms of difficulty. Then - for bosses - there's the helmasaur and helmarog kings from Link to the Past and Wind Waker respectively. Smashing masks and what not. My least favourite is the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time. It wasn't hard it was just laborious tedium.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Hmm, kind of a tangent here, but IMO, none of the dungeon designs in WW really caught my eye like the ones in OOT and MM did.

EDIT: Was the Stone Tower in MM the dungeon that turned upside down at one point?
If so, then yeah, that was awesome, and probably beats out the Forest Temple in terms of Design, but still, FT wins in general atmosphere.

Sriram

I'd have to say the water temple with my limited experience of zelda titles (oot, ww, fsa) but I might change my mind once I'm through with Minish Cap (only started yesterday, awesome so far :D)

En-ou

EDIT: Was the Stone Tower in MM the dungeon that turned upside down at one point?
yup thats stone tower

the forest temple is my fave from oot, but stone tower is my all time fave temple. just superb design. i know many ppl who didnt play mm because they never 'got into it' =.= but damn it had superb dungeon designs, those of you who didnt play it should play it now!

and if you think the forest temple music was freakish, listen to woodfall temple music just damn awesome.

Beezy

Eric-GCA said:

OMG! That was the Stone Tower?! It was easily the hardest dungeon for me in Majora's Mask but I still loved it. Thank you GAF for helping me to remember one of my greatest gaming moments on N64...

Mashing

I haven't played MM, so I'm going to say the Forest Temple.

I also liked the Temple of the Gods (TWW) a lot too.

Deg

Banned
+1 Spirit temple

Water Temple in OOT was my most hated. Why are people voting for that. Forest temple wasnt all that either.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Stone Tower / Stone Temple Tower / Inverted Stone Temple Tower is that Majora's Mask dungeon in Ikana Valley that flips flops between right-side up and up-side down.

It was totally kick ass.

snaildog

+ 1 for Stone Tower.

Haha, I had this idiot friend who kept thinking he'd permanently screwed himself in the Water Temple (something about pushing that block into the wall in the main chamber) and restarted his whole game two or three times.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
snaildog said:
+ 1 for Stone Tower.

Haha, I had this idiot friend who kept thinking he'd permanently screwed himself in the Water Temple (something about pushing that block into the wall in the main chamber) and restarted his whole game two or three times.

Hahahah. I'm pretty damn sure there is no way to break the game like that.

Strangely, though, in OoT Master Quest, there is a way to finish the new Water Temple with an extra, unused key, all doors unlocked.

SantaC

updated. It's a tough battle between Forest Temple and Stone Tower. :D

keep voting.

on a sidenote I am surprised that noone said Shadow Temple. I remeber that moving ghostship and the fight on it. Another awesome dungeon.

Eric-GCA

Banned
I havent played Majora since it was released in 2000, can someone post pics of the Stone Tower too? :D

EDIT: I'm really gonna have to go back through these two games just before Zelda GCN comes out, for some reason, Wind Waker didn't give me the same feeling I got from the N64 Zelda's. Maybe it was all the sailing.

SantaC

Eric-GCA said:
I havent played Majora since it was released in 2000, can someone post pics of the Stone Tower too? :D

EDIT: I'm really gonna have to go back through these two games just before Zelda GCN comes out, for some reason, Wind Waker didn't give me the same feeling I got from the N64 Zelda's. Maybe it was all the sailing.

Same here. I really pumped for the new Zelda.

Sriram

snaildog said:

Haha, I know what that feels like, I pushed that block in the wrong place/too early too, I was depressed after reading the strategy guide and seeing that Id pushed it too early =(.
But, I stuck with it, and it was possible to complete the dungeon still. Unlike a certain bug half way through eternal darkness :mad:

SD-Ness

Deepthroat said:
I haven't played OoT for like 5 years.. anyone wanna post a pic of the Forest Temple?
Dampes_Grave.jpg

Minuet_of_Forest1.jpg

Forest_Temple_entrance.jpg

Forest_Temple1.jpg

Blue_Bubble1.jpg

Stalfos_1.jpg

Forest_Temple_Puzzle.jpg

Phantom_Ganon_2.jpg

Phantom_Ganon_.jpg

Phantom_Ganon_3.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Link to the Past - Hyrule Castle at the beginning.

Granted it's not a real dungeon, but it does contain enemies, few simple puzzles and a little "boss". I just always thought it was cool falling down in the hole outside the castle grounds, winding up with your Uncle's sword and shield then traversing into the depths of the castle to save this woman called Zelda asking for help. The music plays a big part in that section.

john tv

There's so many awesome Zelda dungeons... but the Stone Tower is probably the one that left me the most awestruck. Such awesome design, and the atmosphere was incredible. Great music, too!

Stone Tower.

Does anyone else think that the FIRE + ICE dungeon in WW really should have been MUCH MUCH bigger than the 1 room chambers that Nintendo made? I think they should make the new Zelda more challenging.

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
Don't remember every dungeon I've ever played in a Zelda game, but I do remember really liking the Earth Temple in Wind Waker.

SantaC

TheGreenGiant said:
Stone Tower.

Does anyone else think that the FIRE + ICE dungeon in WW really should have been MUCH MUCH bigger than the 1 room chambers that Nintendo made? I think they should make the new Zelda more challenging.

yeah wind waker was probably easiet zelda ever released. I demand a much more difficult zelda. Atleast OoT or MM class.

Minish cap is pretty easy too, but very enjoyable.

Top Bottom