• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Does the
Negative
have an effect other than
allowing you into the Dark Room
? And does the Polaroid still have its effect?

Grief.exe

Holy shit, just got Dead Boy and Dark Boy on the same run as ???.

Was playing super risky to try to leverage that early Guppy and it paid dividends on the back end.

r6dmyfo.png

X8WfUvG.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
WHAT WAS THAT ITEM THAT JUST GIFTED ME MAMA'S BOY ALREADY?!

Holy Mantle, some sort of chance to ignore damage? I just ran through the womb after accidentally picking up cursed tears with Azazel, and got my 11th mom kill without actually taking any damage (Despite using curse rooms on both floors of the womb) because of this ridiculous item. Oh, I also picked up Tammy's Head for fun and dropped the bible in Womb 1. Because it was hilarious when I used it, having never gotten Tammy's Head in Rebirth. Then I went and wasted Tammy's Head on the Mom's Heart fight and had to kill her without it or the bible, and with cursed tears, and not having any idea what the mantle actually does.

edit: Christ, Cobalt already hit 100%? I haven't watched any streams or videos, haven't had as much time to play as I might have liked and I want to keep everything new a secret. Just got my 11th Mom's Heart kill on that run I described above, haven't even played 15 runs yet not including a few challenges I did.

Haunted

Killed
Satan
and
Isaac
for my first time in this version in back-to-back runs.

feels good

I feel like I'm in that sweetspot now where I have enough good items unlocked to make it through the regular game with some consistency, if I use the right characters. Time to switch it up with some challenges, methinks.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
WHAT WAS THAT ITEM THAT JUST GIFTED ME MAMA'S BOY ALREADY?!

Holy Mantle, some sort of chance to ignore damage? I just ran through the womb after accidentally picking up cursed tears with Azazel, and got my 11th mom kill without actually taking any damage (Despite using curse rooms on both floors of the woom) because of this ridiculous item. Oh, I also picked up Tammy's Head for fun and dropped the bible in Woom 1. Because it was hilarious when I used it, having never gotten Tammy's Head in Rebirth.

First hit every room is nullified. That's how I got Spelunker, Dark, and Mama's Boy in one run.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
First hit every room is nullified. That's how I got Spelunker, Dark, and Mama's Boy in one run.

Damn. That certainly makes the cursed eye a lot less of a problem. I picked it up after the boss rush (by the way about the boss rush/cursed eye
can you get TP'd out of the boss rush room? Because I definitely got hit multiple times in there. Or does cursed tears take a room before it actually TPs you?
) and didn't get hit enough to figure out exactly how it worked.

My PS4 save just stopped working. I still have it backed up in the cloud but if I try to start the game with it it just gets stuck on the loading screen. Not really looking forwards to doing the challenges again.

Oh man. Had an amazing run that destroyed every room toward the end.
I became Guppy, was blessed, had the upgrade that stored battery energy, had super powerful fear shots and Head of Krampus. Even before I obtained the last item it was crazy. Mom's heart died near instantly.

http://i.imgur.com/H9sdy90.webm

Astral

I'm finding it incredibly hard to beat the game with Eve. I beat it in two tries with Isaac but Eve's runs are kicking my ass. It's not even the additional levels because I've only reached the Depths which is where Isaac's game ends. Maybe I'm just getting really unlucky.

Tainted

I'm finding it incredibly hard to beat the game with Eve. I beat it in two tries with Isaac but Eve's runs are kicking my ass. It's not even the additional levels because I've only reached the Depths which is where Isaac's game ends. Maybe I'm just getting really unlucky.

You didnt inadvertently select hard mode from the character select screen ? I did that by accident once and kept just quick restarting when I died, before it dawned on me I was in hard mode.

I didnt make that connection that the little red pentagram up the top left was indicating that lol

Astral

You didnt inadvertently select hard mode from the character select screen ? I did that by accident once and kept just quick restarting when I died, before it dawned on me I was in hard mode.

I didnt make that connection that the little red pentagram up the top left was indicating that lol

I don't think so. I might just be sucking ass.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
The way I play Eve is I just get intentionally hit down to 1 heart to activate whore and then play her as if she was Judas

Ferrio

Banned
Orbiting tears are so bad. Frustrating when I'm having a good run and then pick up an item that gives me orbiting tears.

Oribiting rocks long as you have the damage and other items to back it up. Picking it up as a first item is not so good though.

Awesome, took down
The Lamb
and got the second-to-last ending! Now I just need to get the last-last ending. And probably unlock
The Lost
at some point, but
the last two times I tried I got to Judas' segment and died before Mom, and finding a damn Mulliboom is a pain in the ass.

ThisOne

After orbiting tears, my next two runs had control tears and I think anti-gravity tears (where they hang in the air and don't move until you release the control stick). Neither option seemed very good.

Ferrio

Banned
Hope a lot of the newcomers stick around for dick and cobalt after the marathon. Their regular streams are great, even when doing stuff like Necrodancer or whatever.

Wow, I just had my most OP run. I was Azazel, and I mistakenly picked up Technology. I was using the Prayer card and batteries and other recharge items to get to 12 hearts, and when I beat Mom, I got the Boss Rush room. Technology 2 was inside, and this made me beat the Boss Rush in less than 3 minutes. Nothing could take me down with my super-damage arc-lightning laser. I managed to beat
Isaac
by only losing 2 hearts, and I had a full health pill.

I also had the item where I summon spiders whenever I kill an enemy. With the arc-laser, my spiders never suicided, so I managed to rack up a huge army. Does anyone have any idea how many spiders it would take to crash, or is there a limit?

A nice combo I didn't post here: Leo + Lucky Rock + Money Equals Power tends to work very well. I actually had Midas' Touch as well so I never worried about spending money while maintaining my Money Equals Power Benefits.

I guess a bum could have helped me break the game lol.

For some reason, I'm having a shit time with Lazarus. Fuck his undead incompetent ass.

ElTopo

Banned
Had an absolutely amazing run with Exploding Tears. Holy shit.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340602470

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340602474 (Just posting the link because this one has a spoiler)

I absolutely annihilated the bosses even the "final" one. Exploding Tears+damage/shot upgrades are up there with Tammy's Head and Azazel.

Final boss spoilers:
Okay, took the Negative to Sheol and fought The Lamb (?). Got the ending where Isaac's mother kills him and you see her at his grave with a missing boy poster in the foreground. I assume that there's another "true" final ending but how do I get the Polaroid now? And how do I unlock the D6?

Also, the Dr. Fetus power up really sucks here. Holy shit, why did they nerf it so much? It was a pretty hard weapon to get in the original and it wasn't a guaranteed win because you needed enough space to use it so I don't get why Edmund/Nicalis nerfed it BUT gave us Exploding Tears... They serve the same exact purpose except one is way fucking better. Dr. Fetus wouldn't be so bad if the bombs just exploded on contact with an enemy because it really sucks fighting bosses and the bombs bounce off towards you.

Started getting into this even though I've had the original since it came out lol

Got a question about pills. It seems like every time I take one I get fucked over somehow. I know some of them have positive effects. Should I just be using all of them. Can you tell what they are by looking at them?

Furthest I got was the 6th floor then the game became a bullet hell shooter

ElTopo

Banned
Started getting into this even though I've had the original since it came out lol

Got a question about pills. It seems like every time I take one I get fucked over somehow. I know some of them have positive effects. Should I just be using all of them. Can you tell what they are by looking at them?

Furthest I got was the 6th floor then the game became a bullet hell shooter

Eh, it's a gamble. I'm sure you know that. I don't take the Pills unless I just don't give a fuck. The instant I have a good build I just ignore the Pills unless you got the PHD item.

SamVimes

Killing
Mega Satan
doesn't unlock anything? If i knew i would have gone with the
lamb
kill since i don't have it on ???.

Still, the battle was super tense but luckily i had mom's knife.

Vaga

What item transforms the brimstone laser in a big circle that permanently stays on and you can move it around the screen?

Rubius

Dammit. Was so powerfull as ??? that when I got to the chest I decided to go for
Super Satan
. Didnt realize that it didnt count as beating the chest. Dammit. Now I have to redo a Chest run as ??? to get the achievement.

Anustart

Played another Azazel, got Ludo on first level, some damage ups, and freezing tears. Too bad theres a cool down on enemies being frozen :(

I cleared the boss rush at 19:55 on the clock. Was scootin.

Rubius

Did a D6 run with Isaac and got Double tears, then Quad Shot, then Homing Tear, Then Technology 2. I was shooting like crazy. Beating
the Lamb
was easy as hell.

I saw the Boss rush once, didnt enter, but never got it after I think. Is there any condition for it?

Ferrio

Banned
Did a D6 run with Isaac and got Double tears, then Quad Shot, then Homing Tear, Then Technology 2. I was shooting like crazy. Beating
the Lamb
was easy as hell.

I saw the Boss rush once, didnt enter, but never got it after I think. Is there any condition for it?

Beat mom under 20 minutes.

Top Bottom