• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Easy_D

never left the stone age
:lol. So, I just unlocked Ending 12. I only had endings 1-5 before that. Li'l Brimstone makes things a tad too easy.

I also like how the RNG seemed to insist on getting me the Bandage Ball 3 times in a row. I died too fast to make the full thing but I faced the same boss and got the same items, 3 times, in a row. Kinda funny

You know whats really effing annyoing? When you beat mom and automatically pick up the wrong item (i.e. polaroid instead of the negative) because you were standing in the wrong spot and it just spawned on you.

I dunno why they don't put a buffer in there like they do with the trap doors.

Does it go in the trinket slot? Because you can drop trinkets now. On a 360 controller you hold RT and push down on the left stick for a while.

Sciz

Monstro's Lung on the first floor. Amazing.
Tiny Planet on the second floor. No way, OP run inc.
Monstro's Lung + Planetoid. Terrible synergy, run ending combo.

Many tears (mine).

Had the lung and chocolate milk earlier. The milk gave me its extra damage without increasing the charge time any. Great brown tidal waves proceeded to sweep the basement clean.

Kicking myself for not having played Binding of Isaac up until this point. Is there a comprehensive list of tips anywhere? Things that people might not know for starter perhaps. My friend gave me the useful x-marked rocks tip, but other than that I'm curious about other things such as if there is a way to douse blue flames and so on.

Blue flames:
Have to bomb them. Decent chance of getting a soul heart for the trouble, though.

Other useful tricks:

Rocks (and other such blocking tiles) next to a pit will, if bombed from the other side away from the pit, create a bridge.

If you can clear a floor without taking any red heart damage, you're very likely to see a devil room after the boss.

The Bible is more useful than you would think against a couple specific bosses.

Orbital items (not familiars) soak incoming fire.

Sciz

Soy milk and brimstone are two great tastes that don't taste great together. About as fast and as effective as shining a laser pointer at something.

SerTapTap

If I have shit tears and health to spare, is Lil Brimstone actually worth attempting to use as my main damage output or is he a joke like all other familiars?

Sciz

So uh, this is probably an oversight, but the blank card works on runes.

If I have shit tears and health to spare, is Lil Brimstone actually worth attempting to use as my main damage output or is he a joke like all other familiars?

Lil Brimmy is pretty sweet. Not quite up to the damage potential of real brimstone, but he'll kill bosses all the same, and the room-length piercing effect is great for wiping the rest of the floor.

Mentok

Banned
Oh God this game is a time sink.... I've made it to
Mom's heart
like 3 times, but get destroyed really quickly.....I'm determined to kill this bitch.

Sciz

Oh god the abundance rune.

That's exploitable enough on its own, but if you can find a battery drop, the sky's the limit.

You could also have a better D6 than the D6, a better book of rev than the book of rev (not that a hierophant card isn't better still), a better shovel than the shovel, and decent knockoffs of the book of shadows and notched axe.

David___

Banned
No seriously, how the fuck are you supposed to do The Family Man challenge? Keep restarting till you see a Blue/Red candle in the shop?

Anustart

Maybe in the original, too many good ones in rebirth. Rotten baby, dry baby, dark bum to name a few. Harlequin was good even in the original.

Dark bum is good, but if given the option between any other familiar and a half decent item, it's the item everytime.

OmegaZero

I was worried but the new soundtrack is growing on me. If only the original was an option to keep things from getting repetitive...

Ferrio

Banned
Finished suicide king achieve. Jesus, glad that's behind me.

edit: Sad to hear cobalt doesn't think the game is race-able in it's current state.

Monstro's Lung and Ipecac are absolutely insane together. Add on the Halo and Blood Clot for a little extra damage and I don't think a single boss lasted longer than one hit. Self-destruct city though. If I didn't have Dark Bum my health would've disintegrated quickly on the last floors.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Damn. Literally a sliver of health left on It Lives for the Family Man challenge. Fuck those little triple shot moles in the Womb.

jblank83

Those guys are cheap as hell. They certainly weren't that cheap in the original.

They were always a pita, but now they're BS.
They pop up directly underneath, no dodging.
It is cheap and bad design.

Had the lung and chocolate milk earlier. The milk gave me its extra damage without increasing the charge time any. Great brown tidal waves proceeded to sweep the basement clean.

Monstro's Lung is great in general. I was sad to lose a run because of bad synergy. Now I know.

Ferrio

Banned
Even with seeds? How's that possible?

They're against racing with seeds even when original isaac was out. There's lots of little things that they think will make it not good with racing, Curse of the Blind is a major one though.

Last run there's a devil deal for that double trouble item that gives you double chests or something. Pass on it. Well might as well of grabbed it cause every boss was double trouble...

As for cheap damage. The only cheap damage in original was the pillars of light. They've seemed to really up the amount of cheap damage. Any enemy that pops up can do so right underneath you. Then there's that room with the spikes that are unavoidable... that was a really fucking stupid decision.

Chesskid1

Banned
just did my first run /w unlimited rerolls

picked up scapular very early

so kept rerolling the shop and bought a battery (could store 2x charges at once, for two rolls)

then got the item martyr/habit

it's really handy how most shops sell a battery for an extra roll

i accidently killed myself forgetting to reactivate scapular, fuckk

oh well. will try it again later, feel like such a noob cause i didn't know what item i wanted, was just copying strategy i saw others do.

Ferrio

Banned
just did my first run /w unlimited rerolls

picked up scapular very early

so kept rerolling the shop and bought a battery (could store 2x charges at once, for two rolls)

then got the item martyr/habit

it's really handy how most shops sell a battery for an extra roll

i accidently killed myself forgetting to reactivate scapular

oh well. will try it again later, feel like such a noob cause i didn't know what item i wanted, was just copying strategy i saw others do.

Habit sucks now that there's sharp plug.

ElTopo

Banned
Beat isaac with Samson now. I think I beat Isaac 4 times now. Finally unlocked the D6, I don't know how I did it but I did.

what is the item i keep getting that teleports me to another room whenever i lose a heart? so i can know to never pick that item up ever again.

I think there's something wrong with my file. I have the trophies for Cain and Lazarus but they aren't available to use. They were there on my vita but once I synced to the PS4 nothing. I can't take my file back to the vita now either. Plus I'm pretty sure I've met the requirement for Lazarus a few times but he won't come up.

Should I delete this file and start over?

cursed eye I believe. The worst item ever.

yep, that is an item i had on me. hate the charge shot on it anyways. thank you.

on not only mom and mom's heart, but also isaac in the cathedral i kept getting teleported over and over losing all my health. beating each one with about a heart or less left and then having to build it all back up again. nerve racking run.

Even with seeds? How's that possible?

The problem with seeds is that during a race you watch your opponent so if you see him enter a curse room and not get anything out of it, then there is no reason for you to do it thus giving you an advantage. If you couldn't watch your opponent it isn't a race, it's just a time trial.

As it stands, the inconsistency of getting buyable devil deals or non-item god rooms makes it so that one player can get a carry item easily whereas even under the same conditions another player can get deprived of an opportunity despite having met the same criteria. Luck has always had a big part of racing isaac, but in the first game you could essentially create your own luck. Rebirth as it currently stands has many uncontrollable variables that could make racing lopsided making luck a more contributing factor than execution, curse of the blind being one example.

autoduelist

So... is the Left Hand worth carrying? It
makes all chests red, which I suppose gives a chance of devil items
but I can't figure out whether it's worth holding or dropping. Note that in this run I have few keys so gold chests aren't usable, if that affects the answer.

Everytime i got a good run, i've got no angels room for the two piece key, when i get them, i've got a shitty run and die before getting to the chest! Soon, i'll will beat you,
Mega Satan

So... is the Left Hand worth carrying? It
makes all chests red, which I suppose gives a chance of devil items
but I can't figure out whether it's worth holding or dropping. Note that in this run I have few keys so gold chests aren't usable, if that affects the answer.

It helps a lot if you want to become guppy! Guppy item are often found in red chest! Also with isaac D6, it's even better!

Shinjica

20/20 + contact lens make the game ridiculosly easy. Blocking every attack from It Lives, Isaac or ??? make those boos a piece of cake.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Soooo, any reason to pick up the PC version of this over the PS4 version? I don't have PSN+, nor do I plan to get it, so I don't care about any price difference.

Anustart

Well. Run started iffy, got Cursed eye on first floor, but then ludovico on the second which negated the cursed eye. Then I turned into guppy as well as having rainbow tears which had interesting effects with the ludovico. One room I'd be controlling a fireball, the next, a gigantic spinning scythe.

I also got a lump of coal, so the further away I moved my tear/fireball/scythe, the bigger it got lol. Also, if the tear for the room was magician tear, it sucked. You'd be trying to move it one way, the tear trying to go another.

53B4795135FE77B04646F26E0D16EE4D09E8AA56

0BC5A984C25BF386D9BCB1DAB1C36C07AD759D7C

Soooo, any reason to pick up the PC version of this over the PS4 version? I don't have PSN+, nor do I plan to get it, so I don't care about any price difference.

keyboard gameplay if you prefere it, no loading at all, mods, easy to stream, cheat engine (if you want, i plan to use it cause there's no way i'll unlock all the thing with a certain character)

Top Bottom