• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

I used the book of revelations to make the horseman appear, collected 3 bandages and got bandage girl to appear...

was I supposed to get an achievement for this or an unlock? cause literally nothing happened...

There's one more upgrade for meat boy/banadage girl. If ther eis one, you probably need 4 of the respective item to get the trophy.

Ozium

There's one more upgrade for meat boy/banadage girl. If ther eis one, you probably need 4 of the respective item to get the trophy.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I got the book of revelations in the item room on the first floor and used it every floor and only fought 3 of them...

fuck this shit

sikkinixx

The seed I played this morning was broken.

Used Azrael, got the big ring shot that you aim around, a shit ton of flies that spawned out of me, the mitre so I had 8 or 9 soul hearts, couple of band aid balls shooting stuff, a random baby shooting stuff and a shit ton of speed boosts.

Basically I just flew around, or stayed over a rock while the giant ring of death killed everything. Really outstanding.

BML7 J48Y if someone wants to comp stomp through it.

Ozium

was the 1+1 item changed? I swear it used to be called the Humble Bundle but now it's the "Humbleing [sic] Bundle"

:/

autoduelist

It's an especially poor design decision that it doesn't tell you the seed after you die.

It's likely more an oversight than a 'design decision'. I'm sure if people ask for it, they'd put it in the next patch as it wouldn't be hard to do.

Does anyone ever use the sacrifice rooms to get items? I tried it once and got no items and haven't bothered since. It doesn't seem worth it to me, or are the only certain items you can get from this room?

Depends. If my run is so-so I'll give it a couple hearts in hopes for a key to the gold room... worst case I die, best case I find a great item that saves my run.

Or, if I have lots of hearts on the level, or another way to build health i'll do it. But always after beating the boss -- no need to take heart damage before boss and lessen odds of getting a devil room.

I just got to the Mom's
Heart
for the first time.

I found a killer "build" that made me breeze through everything. Got to that fight, 4 full hearts and one soul heart. Got killed in 7 seconds. Wtf.
SNIP
I'm pretty sure there are veterans who will laugh at this, and would pull it off with no upgrades at all or some shit, but it is what it is. It felt like a kick in the nuts with an iron tipped boot.

The first time I got to the
Heart the eyes killed me almost instantly too. Take them out first. A few more will spawn, focus on them. Then the heart drops and you go crazy on it till it spawns more enemies and eventually goes bullet hell on you. If you have decent weaponry, once you kill the eyes you can just focus on bullet dodging and your damage output will eventually take out the heart. Be prepared to circle the heart towards the end due to spinning lasers.

Oh..Yeah, it was definitely the eyes that got me, I was focused on the center

The laser eyes remain my least favorite enemy... i can dodge almost anything besides them for some reason. The little bloody stumps that jump far (and land with bullets) are up there too. And whatever that boss is that goes underground and only pops up next to you. Ugh.

That isn't what I meant. I mean I wish they weren't so floaty and slow. I wish it felt more like shooting the machine gun in a Contra game. I'm also not terrible fond of the directional shooting mechanic either.

It's been said before, but... upgrades! If you loved the starting bullets upgrades wouldn't matter so much... though with practice, the starting bullets aren't terrible.

Does anyone know what the rooms are called that make you like super powerful? I've entered two of these rooms so far. They look normal except for some kind of huge shadow in the middle, with some darker circles in the middle. No idea how they work, but they made me fucking invincible.

Edit: dice rooms apparently.

Ferrio

Banned
Does anyone know what the rooms are called that make you like super powerful? I've entered two of these rooms so far. They look normal except for some kind of huge shadow in the middle, with some darker circles in the middle. No idea how they work, but they made me fucking invincible.

Dice rooms, mattering on the number it can do lots of things. They don't always make you powerful, but it seems the random combos it gives you sometimes can be crazy.

I know richard hammer bitches about them, I kinda agree. It sucks that it's easy to get some synergies using the D4/D100 and these dice rooms that normally would be once in a blue moon occurance in the original.

UglyPony

Vita update has been out for days now in NA. But the EU update for Vita is still nowhere to be seen. What the hell. Why are there 2 different version anyway? Germany again?

Iryx

This just happened to me, so a warning to others, if you try to put in money in the donation machine to push it over 999, it will explode at reset down to 0.

Phew, I just unlocked D6 for Isaac.
That was long and intense, despite picking up PhD and Brimstone on the first two floors. I kind of fucked up at one point and replaced my Tammy's head with a Krampus head.
I started Cathedral with one heart, found the boss room pretty quickly but cleaned the whole floor in search for hearts. I ended up going into the boss room with two hearts, won with one remaining.
What really got me through was brimstone + slow effect + money equals power and 99 coins. My BBF was pretty strong too, probably thanks to that 99 bombs item.

What's really annoying with ??? is when bosses drop health up items.

Ozium

still can't do the solar system challenge.. keep dying right near the end..

then I rage quit and close the game

then I load the game back up 5 minutes later

help

Ferrio

Banned

help

I've always sucked at using orbitals as damage. Some people are just amazing at it... I always get too close or something. Little brimstone carried me through that crap.

So far Suicide King gave me the most trouble. Funny how Purist one of the hardest ones in the original is now a cakewalk.

Kyou

help

I beat it on my first try against all odds. A dice room took away my flies and all I really got in return was a little haunt. Still couldn't shoot.

now THAT was tedious

ElTopo

Banned
Had a decent loadout. Went into a Devil Room and thought I got Tammy's Head but actually got the 9 lives one that starts with 1 heart... Somehow I managed to build it back up and got orbiting tears which is an all right powerup by itself. Beat Isaac with the Polaroid and got the other ambiguous ending and Golden God.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/50991810488032366/3373A5DF83291A869DD7DF632D622D74C0C55D66/ (Spoiler) I assume I need Dad's Keys to access this door?

So I've gotten both final bosses with the Negative and the Polaroid. Did I beat the main campaign? Is there another secret final boss?

They're probably just playing it safe.

Yeah that's definately possible. Tho they still had the original names before the patch so who knows. Doesn't really matter either way, the references are still obvious and arguably more fitting than just a direct reference.

I guess the Dead Boy archievement is either gliched or Tanooki cheesing doesn't count. Serves me right :lol.

Ozium

just got the Steam Sale on the PC version.. still called the Steam Sale..

why did they change the humble bundle then on PC if they didn't change the steam sale one

Ferrio

Banned
Had a decent loadout. Went into a Devil Room and thought I got Tammy's Head but actually got the 9 lives one that starts with 1 heart... Somehow I managed to build it back up and got orbiting tears which is an all right powerup by itself. Beat Isaac with the Polaroid and got the other ambiguous ending and Golden God.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/50991810488032366/3373A5DF83291A869DD7DF632D622D74C0C55D66/ (Spoiler) I assume I need Dad's Keys to access this door?

So I've gotten both final bosses with the Negative and the Polaroid. Did I beat the main campaign? Is there another secret final boss?

To open that door you need to beat the boss of dark room. It'll then give you a message "angels are awaiting" or something. At that point you bomb the angels in a god room, they come alive. You kill them gain key pieces. You'll assemble the key after 2 pieces, and allows you to open that door.

OR you could use Dad's key.

There's an optional boss inside that doesn't unlock any items or achievements if you beat it.

Holy shit I just had the greatest game of Isaac I've ever played.

I put around 40 hours in to the original but due to a Steam cloud snafu lost all my progress so only ever beat Mom once.

I've put 2 hours in to Rebirth and have just beat
Mom's Heart

On the way I unlocked 3 new characters but the big surprise was after fighting Mom in the Depths. A room appeared

Wherein I had a choice of 4 items. On choosing one I had to fight every single boss I'd unlocked to date

Luckily I was massively overpowered (Laser 2, Leo, random status effects, meat boy head and toxic splash damage) so it was just a matter of time. But holy hell if I wasn't.....this game can be so utterly nasty in such delightfully surprising ways.

And now I beat the above spoiler there's even more. This is easily one of my GOATs. A real Caribbean curry.

ElTopo

Banned
To open that door you need to beat the boss of dark room. It'll then give you a message "angels are awaiting" or something. At that point you bomb the angels in a god room, they come alive. You kill them gain key pieces. You'll assemble the key after 2 pieces, and allows you to open that door.

There's an optional boss inside that doesn't unlock any items or achievements if you beat it.

In one run? Holy shit. But good to know, thanks. So have I officially "beaten" the game at this point? I've only beaten one Challenge so far.

Ferrio

Banned
In one run? Holy shit. But good to know, thanks. So have I officially "beaten" the game at this point? I've only beaten one Challenge so far.

The boss in the dark room just lets you assemble the key in future games. They key assemble has to be done every game you want to open that door. That door is both in the dark room and the chest and leads to the same boss.

There's 3 different bosses people consider end game.

-Blue baby in chest. The easiest.
-The Lamb in the dark room
-The optional boss in that door

or you could consider getting platinum god beating the game. But good luck on that. The lost achievements are insane.

Doesn't it unlock the last ending needed for achievements/trophies? Or how do you unlock the last ending?

ElTopo

Banned
The boss in the dark room just lets you assemble the key in future games. They key assemble has to be done every game you want to open that door. That door is both in the dark room and the chest and leads to the same boss.

There's 3 different bosses people consider end game.

-Blue baby in chest. The easiest.
-The Lamb in the dark room
-The optional boss in that door

or you could consider getting platinum god beating the game. But good luck on that. The lost achievements are insane.

(Spoiler for end boss)
How do I get to Blue Baby? I didn't even know you could bomb the Angels. I tried putting a bomb right next to one in an Angel room but nothing happened.

Ferrio

Banned
(Spoiler for end boss)
How do I get to Blue Baby? I didn't even know you could bomb the Angels. I tried putting a bomb right next to one in an Angel room but nothing happened.

Blue baby(???) you get after beating the heart enough times. 10 I think

The angels aren't bombable until you defeat the boss of the dark room.

edit: Wait *get* to the blue baby? You should of fought him in the chest as the boss.

(Spoiler for end boss)
After defeating Isaac 5 times you can pick up the Polaroid item after you kill It Lives. Holding the Polaroid gives you access to the next level after defeating Isaac. Same thing in reverse for Satan and accessing the Dark room with Negative item.

You can only bomb the angels after defeating Dark Room/when you get the angels message.

Ozium

so have the best seeds to use in order to obtain The Lost been determined yet? I want to cheese my way through it as much as humanly possible

Ferrio

Banned
so have the best seeds to use in order to obtain The Lost been determined yet? I want to cheese my way through it as much as humanly possible

Can you even use seeds for it? Thought all unlocks/achievements are disabled when using seeds?

Ozium

The wiki says you can use seeds except for the last step/run.

edit: here is from the wiki including good seeds to use

Isaac must die to a Mulliboom in one of the Basement floors. Mulliboom seed: FHRD S1N1 (Go into the large room above the starting room. You can easily die from full health in here to them.) Or if not: JTMD EZPF (one is directly below - Normal difficulty)
Magdalene must die to her own bomb in one of the Caves floors.(Pyro Seed: 349W VRFT)
Judas must die to Mom's Foot as Judas in one of the Depths or Necropolis floors.Good Seed: 8LDE 8XDX (Wait on using the Joker till the 3rd floor and avoid the devil rooms and you'll get the sacred heart. You also get the Sad Onion on the first floor.
Azazel must die to the second stage of Satan in Sheol. You must not use a seed.

Sciz

Fuck yeah, got Dead Boy. Blew a sun card to map out
the Chest
, the D6 to reroll the available items, grabbed a unicorn stump out of that, and proceeded to stump/knife/midas touch my way through.

So many prior runs where devastating power still couldn't keep me from slipping up just once.

edit: pfft, I go to play an Azazel run for kicks, find real brimstone, and proceed to pull it off again.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Have done 4 or 5 runs now, all on normal with different characters and just got the chest each time except once when I got through the cathedral.

But the most recent time, after the credits it informed me that the game is now harder. Wtf! If you keep playing normal mode long enough it just ups the difficulty?!

No, after a certain number of wins/unlocks the game automatically becomes harder. Regardless of difficulty played :p

Ludivico Technique. So overpowered, so good. As long as you have a few friends, you can just cheese the entire rest of the run. Got it and managed to get into Cathedral. First time ever!

Top Bottom