• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
HOLY SHIT.

I just motherfucking annihilated [super spoiler!]
Mega Satan
. Whored out Eve, Sacred Heart, Guppy, Wafer. That was unreal. And that final ending! Wow! Isaac is so much better when drunk.

N° 2048

Holy hell, just started playing this on PS4 for the first time ever. Amazing and addicting :|

Lots to learn about it but this OT is beautifully done so should be no problem learning.

Afrodium

Banned
It really puts a smile on my face that this OT is at 43 pages and still going strong. After the November PS+ thread I was worried that it would be overlooked. I'm really glad this game is a hit.

Ferrio

Banned
Doing cat's got your tongue, keep getting shitty devil deals and items. Yay shot speed and tear rate, yay a shovel from beating fallen, yay coal from krampus :( Oh and more champion mini bosses than I ever get on regular runs.

Finalow

edit: here is from the wiki including good seeds to use

Isaac must die to a Mulliboom in one of the Basement floors. Mulliboom seed: FHRD S1N1 (Go into the large room above the starting room. You can easily die from full health in here to them.) Or if not: JTMD EZPF (one is directly below - Normal difficulty)
Magdalene must die to her own bomb in one of the Caves floors.(Pyro Seed: 349W VRFT)
Judas must die to Mom's Foot as Judas in one of the Depths or Necropolis floors.Good Seed: 8LDE 8XDX (Wait on using the Joker till the 3rd floor and avoid the devil rooms and you'll get the sacred heart. You also get the Sad Onion on the first floor.
Azazel must die to the second stage of Satan in Sheol. You must not use a seed.
that's nice but again, how do I reset the current game without going back to the menu screen, on PS4?

if I can't do that and I somehow am close to die/actually die or I have a shit run with Azazel I have to start over from the first step.

by the way, isn't it faster for the third step to get an item that summons Mom's foot and use it to kill yourself? Also not sure how the Joker's card gonna help.

The first time I ever got a Dice room I ended up getting
Lord of the Flies
. This was the day the game came out and I so completely confused. Was the first time I beat Mom's Foot too.

Nivert

that's nice but again, how do I reset the current game without going back to the menu screen, on PS4?

if I can't do that and I somehow am close to die/actually die or I have a shit run with Azazel I have to start over from the first step.

by the way, isn't it faster for the third step to get an item that summons Mom's foot and use it to kill yourself? Also not sure how the Joker's card gonna help.

As far as I know you can't reset without starting over? Holding R on PC still counts the same as going to the menu and starting over I would assume. If not that sounds like a bug.

I've never thought of using mom's toenail instead.. that's actually a really interesting idea, not sure if it works though.
edit: pretty sure it has to be on the correct floor so item wouldn't work.

Finalow

As far as I know you can't reset without starting over? Holding R on PC still counts the same as going to the menu and starting over I would assume. If not that sounds like a bug.

I've never thought of using mom's toenail instead.. that's actually a really interesting idea, not sure if it works though.
edit: pretty sure it has to be on the correct floor so item wouldn't work.
people were claming that resetting on pc wouldn't count as starting over for the unlocking, it's much easier if you can do that. on PS4 then you can't do it at all? Or maybe it doesn't reset at all if you just get out to the menu screen and start a new game? Since I wasted 3 hours the first time I tried to unlock him I wouldn't like to do the same. ):

Nivert

people were claming that resetting on pc wouldn't count as starting over for the unlocking, it's much easier if you can do that. on PS4 then you can't do it at all? Or maybe it doesn't reset at all if you just get out to the menu screen and start a new game? Since I wasted 3 hours the first time I tried to unlock him I wouldn't like to do the same. ):

There's no quick reset on PS4 unfortunately (I'd love one though). I had heard it mentioned that if you died on the last step you could continue a new run and still unlock it but that was directly after it was first uncovered so I can't say for sure. I suppose you could hit restart if you die and see if it still unlocks.

Were you following the seeds on the wiki? It actually went really quick with those in my experience.

I had a ton of success on the game up until last weekend unlocking Sheol and Cathedral, beating those twice each and then since then 90% of my runs have just sucked. No good items and constant irritation. And still incredibly addicted.

Grief.exe

I had a ton of success on the game up until last weekend unlocking Sheol and Cathedral, beating those twice each and then since then 90% of my runs have just sucked. No good items and constant irritation. And still incredibly addicted.

It might be due to earning the Everything is Terrible achievement which makes the game more difficult.

ff9835c94f32c67602b45e62d58a3bc81582e003.jpg

You also unlock more difficult areas as you play, variants such as Necropolis or Cellar contain more difficult rooms than their vanilla versions.

Ferrio

Banned
You also unlock harder versions of the floors, like cellar instead of basement or necropolis instead of depth etc.

Cat got your tongue challenge is killing me. Bad luck all around, you really just need some good drops to make it through or excellent orbital skills. One run I got dark beggar... I think only 2 red hearts dropped.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Question: Have they patched the endings bug yet (steam version?)

I love this build and want to keep going, but I'm afraid if I do, I won't be able to unlock an ending (instead of openign the chest, descending to sheol)

desverger

You know that yellow syringe, Experimental Treatment or something?

It randomizes your stats or something, but I swear it also touches your faith/evil stat. When I got it, I got angel rooms in almost every floor after that. It was super weird, I've used to angel rooms being pretty rare.

Ferrio

Banned
You know that yellow syringe, Experimental Treatment or something?

It randomizes your stats or something, but I swear it also touches your faith/evil stat. When I got it, I got angel rooms in almost every floor after that. It was super weird, I've used to angel rooms being pretty rare.

Angel rooms aren't that rare but they don't appear if you take a devil deal. So if you're taking that first devil deal, no angel rooms for you.

Made it to the
??? battle in the Chest without taking any damage. I was really pumped to get the dead boy achievement and...

Fucker damages me the INSTANT I get in the room. Two random tears to the face. I had zero time to react. That one cheap hit at the very beginning of the battle was the only damage I took too. SO UPSET.

Afrodium

Banned
Holy shit, finally got the Guppy transformation. I had Brimstone too and tons of damage upgrades. Face rolled right through
Isaac
and got Mama's Boy. Is there a trophy for a damage-free Cathedral? I'm pretty sure I should have gotten that if there is one.

Sciz

Holy shit, finally got the Guppy transformation. I had Brimstone too and tons of damage upgrades. Face rolled right through
Isaac
and got Mama's Boy. Is there a trophy for a damage-free Cathedral? I'm pretty sure I should have gotten that if there is one.

Nothing for that level, but there is one for the floor after that.

Holy fuck

Got the Ludovico Technique with Azazel. Red Ring of Death baby. I would just hide in a corner and melt everything lmao. I found the left hand so I had chests all over the place. Managed to get 7 heart containers and the rest was taken up by soul hearts. Also found a Bible so I one shot Mom and Mom's heart. I found quad shot along the way too but I didn't even need it. Absurdly good luck there.

I took down the seed if anyone wants to give it a shot

It's 43E3 BZE9

desverger

Angel rooms aren't that rare but they don't appear if you take a devil deal. So if you're taking that first devil deal, no angel rooms for you.

Okay, I suppose it might just have been random happenstance then. It was just weird I got so many of those.

It might be due to earning the Everything is Terrible achievement which makes the game more difficult.

ff9835c94f32c67602b45e62d58a3bc81582e003.jpg

You also unlock more difficult areas as you play, variants such as Necropolis or Cellar contain more difficult rooms than their vanilla versions.

Yeah, that's exactly it. Anyways, I can't stand the Cellar. Most of my runs there seem exactly the same, with irritating enemies that take too long to kill early on and end up against the Haunt. It's not that hard, just boring. Most runs have ended with me having no damage upgrades at Mom and a bunch of lame buddies.

ElTopo

Banned
Some of the game's trolls really piss me off sometimes. Like, I finally got the D4 in a run and in that particular run every single item you could get was a Question Mark...

Vaga

Finally beat mom's heart for the first time and the trophy didn't pop. And I was on a second save after starting over cause other trophies wouldn't pop.

Fuck this shit.

KarmaCow

How does Rebirth handle unlocking achievements in offline mode on Steam? It would be very annoying to permenantly be unable to get an achievement later.

Kouriozan

I got Dark Boy achievement on Steam without realizing it.
I think it was that runs where I got tons of flies + new flies everytime a monster died, with BFF the boss didn't last 1 sec.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, some of the challenges are super easy, aren't they? I did the one, I think it's called Computer Expert, earlier today and man are you ever overpowered in that one. I just blew through the whole challenge with no issue at all. :lol

demidar

Man, some of the challenges are super easy, aren't they? I did the one, I think it's called Computer Expert, earlier today and man are you ever overpowered in that one. I just blew through the whole challenge with no issue at all. :lol

Yeah you start with the Wafer which halves all damage down to a minimum of half a heart. And then you got 2 Techonologies.

Ozium

finally finished that damned solar system challenge... got krampus head and a battery charger thing and a holy mantle before it lives

:)

Top Bottom