• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

What the hell is D6?

If you use it on an item (like, passive/spacebar ones on pedestals, not pickups like hearts or cards or whatever), it rerolls it into a different one.
Can only be in that specific room type's item pool though (so a devil room item only can become another devil room item, etc.).

NotLiquid

What the hell is D6?

Upon activation it re-rolls any items currently present in the room to another item that exists within the "pool" of the item location (i.e re-rolling an item that's from a gold chest will only give another item that can be gained from a gold chest, same with devil rooms etc). Any items like batteries that can decrease charge time will make the D6 into quite possibly the best activated item in the entire game as you can re-roll a sub-par item and get a much better one.

Is the infinite loading bug known? Playing on PS4 and whenever I start the game, it just stays on the loading screen. I let it sit for about 20 minutes, but nothing. Playing on Vita fine, just not sure what's up with the PS4 version.

jblank83

The infested ability that makes attack spiders on kill scales with your damage too. I had a run that was crazy OP, max dmg. Had spiders everywhere that could one shot almost anything. Mom's heart destroyed in less than a second.

Flies and spiders in general are great. Guppy is the most well known example.

I'm very impressed by Rotten Baby (familiar that shoots flies), though. I think it hasn't gotten enough attention. It spits flies, which we know are great. The fly will automatically target anything in the immediate vicinity of the player, making Rotten Baby somewhat like Demon Baby in old Binding of Isaac. Its attack rate is pretty good, given that it's spitting flies. And it will fire while the player is charging, if the player has something like Brimstone or Monstro's Lung.

That's both a great offensive and defensive item. It's very powerful.

It's so good that I've raised it to "instant take" in Devil Rooms.

Finalow

it took me like 15 tries lol

dont like blue baby, so hard to get health and devil deals are so expensive
you just need to get an item that makes you invulnerable and you get them for free.
or just reset until you get Dark Bum. honestly I don't remember how I won with him but yeah, he sucks.

Finalow

today was full of garbage runs.

I arrived 2 times at womb/sheol with 2 damage, 1 speed and 2 range. or even got great items like brimstone early but then totally useless stuff, like with brimstone the only high stat was my range which doesn't need any boost. just fuck you, game.

I don't even

QIExMxz.gif

Manik

Yes, always take the pills. As mentioned earlier in this thread, if you get a bad pill it'll be marked so you'll never take it again.. but if you get a good pill, you might get to take it 2-5 times during the game.

It's worth the occasional debuff for all the buffs you'll get long term.

Do the pills stay marked across runs, or just for that one?

I never seem to get enough of the same in one run to justify taking a chance on bad pills.

Damn, I've only ever seen them when I was either full health or riding on soul hearts. In the original, you could lose golden poop if you left the room and came back in without destroying it. Is that still the case in rebirth for gold or rainbow? Haven't risked trying it yet.

No, this time special poop stays the same. You can't despawn poop with white flies on it either this time.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Do the pills stay marked across runs, or just for that one?

I never seem to get enough of the same in one run to justify taking a chance on bad pills.

Only for the current run, they randomize every time you start. I always take the chance too. Losing one speed, range or luck isn't really that terrible but the chance to gain three or four can really make you stronger. Health down is pretty devastating when you are getting used to the game, but it's not that bad in the grand scheme of things.

Grief.exe

Oh wow I just got the cursed eye.

Charge to shoot 5 shots + Now have a chance to teleport out of the room on damage.

Do not pick this item up.

EDIT: Wow this run is fucked. 3 times in a row I have been teleported out of the mom fight due to random damage. Good luck on Isaac or Blue Baby fights... I also got Guppy early so it is extra bad.

Finalow

Charge to shoot 5 shots + Now have a chance to teleport out of the room on damage.

EDIT: Wow this run is fucked. 3 times in a row I have been teleported out of the mom fight due to random damage. Good luck on Isaac or Blue Baby fights... I also got Guppy early so it is extra bad.
yeah don't pick that up.

I rerolled into a build with it (without wanting to) and I fought Satan like 7 times until I died, always getting to the third form and getting hit there because with all the mess on the terrain I couldn't see where his fucking hooves were going to land.

Anustart

I believe you only teleport if you're hit while charging.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I think my favorite part about cursed eye is how similar it looks at a glance to a couple of pretty decent items. It's such a dick.

This game keeps me surprised every time I play. I just had a run, where nothing could threaten me.

This was the most powerful I have ever felt in a video game. I casually obliterated
It Lives and Isaac

I love this game.

5taquitos

Is the infinite loading bug known? Playing on PS4 and whenever I start the game, it just stays on the loading screen. I let it sit for about 20 minutes, but nothing. Playing on Vita fine, just not sure what's up with the PS4 version.

This happened to me once on Vita after installing the patch, but closing the game and restarting fixed it. Haven't encountered it again, but I don't think I've actually quit the game since then (based suspend/resume).

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Is there any trick to building meat boy? The odds seem so terrible now.

I got an early book of revelations, but even that isn't enough to guarantee horsemen because if the boss room is a double room, I don't think the book will force a horseman. At least that is what happened to me just now in womb 1 (I probably used the book like 8 times before entering the boss room).

And even then, it seems 50/50 whether you get cube of meat or ball of bandages.

Can you get cubes of meat via d6/d20 shenanigans with the sharp plug?

jblank83

Get Tammy's Head as Azazel.

Edit: its crazy how easy it is to become Guppy in this game.

The addition of Guppy's Collar and how common that item is has upped the odds. The decrease in Devil Room deals (replaced by chests) decreased it a bit, but I think the balance is still in favor of becoming Guppy in Rebirth versus Vanilla.

GeoramA

So addicted to this. Just beat mom for the first time last night. Leech was super helpful.

Best PS+ freebie ever and my GOTY so far.

SamVimes

The addition of Guppy's Collar and how common that item is has upped the odds. The decrease in Devil Room deals (replaced by chests) decreased it a bit, but I think the balance is still in favor of becoming Guppy in Rebirth versus Vanilla.

Well red chests can and often do give guppy items, so that's still a point in favor i think.

Jonm1010

Banned
So is beating Mom like the official ending? No more story or set bosses like that?

I hope not because as fun as this game is thats kind of a let down.

BTails

Whoo! Just beat
mom's heart
for the first time. I love when you find the Bible in store for like, 7 cents. Also was able to make it through the Caves and
womb
without getting hit... AND I beat the boss rush.

It was an awesome run. Makes you want to jump back in right away.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just had my hands down best run ever. I can't believe I just destroyed the game so badly. And I got Dead Boy yeaaaaahhh

Haunted

So is beating Mom like the official ending? No more story or set bosses like that?

I hope not because as fun as this game is thats kind of a let down.
Floor spoilers:
Mom is on floor 6 of 10. You have to beat her once to unlock the next two floors. You have to beat the floor 8 boss several times to unlock floors 9 (it's branching) and 10. Each floor after 8 comes with its own new unique, super hard boss.

Ferrio

Banned
Is there any trick to building meat boy? The odds seem so terrible now.

I got an early book of revelations, but even that isn't enough to guarantee horsemen because if the boss room is a double room, I don't think the book will force a horseman. At least that is what happened to me just now in womb 1 (I probably used the book like 8 times before entering the boss room).

And even then, it seems 50/50 whether you get cube of meat or ball of bandages.

Can you get cubes of meat via d6/d20 shenanigans with the sharp plug?

The way most people seem to be doing it is the monster manual trick. Get monster manual, get items that let you recharge manual (habit/sharp plug), and just sit in a room doing the manual until you luck out and get it.

Grief.exe

Just had my first run in with
Mega Satan
. What a fun fight that was! Too bad that was one of my worst builds to reach Chest/Dark Room, I couldn't quite get him down, very close though.

Helmholtz

Ohhh. Ok so I have to beat mom and then get to keep going this time?

Because when I started back up it just looked like I only had 5(or 6) levels like it always does.
Yeah this game encourages many playthroughs. You will find that you continue unlocking things the more you play, and are able to progress further on subsequent playthroughs.

Top Bottom