• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Y'all keep underestimating Mos Def's fashion genius. You will all understand one day...

5UyLTam.jpg

It aint fashion though just pajamas. Here i am with mine.
Atleast i dont look like Kung Lao

do black people get killed off quick in video games? I don't think so.

Least I don't think I do.

If you count every time it's possible for Sergeant Johnson to die in the Halo series, I'm pretty sure he pads the black people:everyone else death ratio to something like 200:1

That is what kills me, not even black zombies.

Spoilers: as soon as Atlanta's black population got word of zombies, they all nope'd the fuck out, went to the airport and set up shop in Boca Raton.

Meanwhile the white people were like "he's not a zombie, he's just insane - he shouldn't be tested on and studied, he should be studied so that... wait a minute-" and their mental gymnastics got them eaten.

Needs added to BCT D&D

"You enter the City Hall dungeon. Encounter ratings are high. You are likely to be beaten by a Grue."

"My Hide of the Caucasus grants me +7 Resistance and +9 Persuasion in government settings. I roll for outcome of passage through metal detector."

"An Agent of Barkley stands guard across the hall and nullifies your Persuasion increase."

That thread was closed quick as hell.

lol it was. True that is.....my title.

Slayven

Needs added to BCT D&D

"You enter the City Hall dungeon. Encounter ratings are high. You are likely to be beaten by a Grue."

"My Hide of the Caucasus grants me +7 Resistance and +9 Persuasion in government settings. I roll for outcome of passage through metal detector."

"An Agent of Barkley stands guard across the hall and nullifies your Persuasion increase."
You should read up on F.A.T.A.L., a tabletop RPG that has interesting penities for being black, jewish, or any other minority.

esms

Needs added to BCT D&D

I would play the hell out of this.

You should read up on F.A.T.A.L., a tabletop RPG that has interesting penities for being black, jewish, or any other minority.

Is that the one where the creator keeps using the term "bell curve" in an interview and the in-game rules stress children are precious and should be cared about, only to give instructions for calculating their butt circumference?

JeanGrey

Anyone watching access Hollywood live? Their interviewing Terrence Howard. He is opening up big time. How he uses the word nigga and whoever has a problem with it can kiss his ass. He says Empire is gonna break TV PC and they're gonna face hard issues like the word nigga homosexuality. I didnt think I'd like the show but I'm rethinking. Any opinions?

Slayven

Is that the one where the creator keeps using the term "bell curve" in an interview and the in-game rules stress children are precious and should be cared about, only to give instructions for calculating their butt circumference?
Yes, where you can design your character right down to right and left limb lenght, and size and texture of your aureole and nipples.

Anyone watching access Hollywood live? Their interviewing Terrence Howard. He is opening up big time. How he uses the word nigga and whoever has a problem with it can kiss his ass. He says Empire is gonna break TV PC and they're gonna face hard issues like the word nigga homosexuality. I didnt think I'd like the show but I'm rethinking. Any opinions?

Terrence Howard is full of shit, and Empire is great because it handles things so silly.

Rod from the Black Guy Who Tips says true equality is when black people can fail and do stupid shit as individuals. Empire is a step towards that.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So they took their sweet time in getting back to me, but I just got an offer letter in the mail today.Highest salary I've ever been offered, good benefits, tuition reimbursement, company gym with free trainers. I'm in shock. Just gave my two weeks notice at the office job I've been working at since 2011. I finally made it.

BaaBmyb.png
BaaBmyb.png
BaaBmyb.png
This is it, fam. I might finally make it out of the bucket.

Final interview tomorrow for what could be my first big boy job in IT. Up until now I've worked for small businesses and outfits. This is a real corporation with a fat starting salary, healthcare and tuition reimbursement programs to prove it. Going to exercise before bed to flush the few jitters I have left. I know I've got the style, the skills, and the confidence to crush it. All that is left is to go in the room and own it.

So they took their sweet time in getting back to me, but I just got an offer letter in the mail today.Highest salary I've ever been offered, good benefits, tuition reimbursement, company gym with free trainers. I'm in shock. Just gave my two weeks notice at the office job I've been working at since 2011.

Congrats!

Slayven

So they took their sweet time in getting back to me, but I just got an offer letter in the mail today.Highest salary I've ever been offered, good benefits, tuition reimbursement, company gym with free trainers. I'm in shock. Just gave my two weeks notice at the office job I've been working at since 2011. I finally made it.

BaaBmyb.png
BaaBmyb.png
BaaBmyb.png

Still ain't shit. Now you ain't shit with a 401k

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Did he bring up domestic violence? If not, then he really isn't opening up.

JeanGrey

So he is saying that they wanna tackle things that are taboo like the use of the word nigga. He feels that since it is used fairly often.The show should start saying it. It's part of a vocabulary used within the black community very often, but he goes on to say that white people who grow up saying it as a term of endearment shouldn't be frowned upon. The point was to show the controversial word that it all depends on how things are said. I think it ok to say it among friends but out in public hell no.

Slayven

So he is saying that they wanna tackle things that are taboo like the use of the word nigga. He feels that since it is used fairly often.The show should start saying it. It's part of a vocabulary used within the black community very often, but he goes on to say that white people who grow up saying it as a term of endearment shouldn't be frowned upon. The point was to show the controversial word that it all depends on how things are said. I think it ok to say it among friends but out in public hell no.

What about when his ex wife was calling his kids "niggers"?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

BaaBmyb.png
BaaBmyb.png
BaaBmyb.png

Congratulations my friend. Let the weight on your shoulders ease a little. Walk in there like a fucking champion!
kQoOv0V.gif

JeanGrey

Nah he specifically said to drop the he "er". That wouldn't be right for anyone even a black person. Using that word is just giving power to it. Don't use it and it stops having any importance.

"The merchant offers to forge your Brehnachite Ore into the powerful blade Progenitor Albion at a reduced price if you buy his mixtape."

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Thanks for the well wishes all. I need to kick my ass into gear so I can be ready for a more disciplined corporate environment. Things at my current office are pretty lax, I don't want to go in and act like a fool. Any have some advice?

Also Wrestle-GAF has the best gifs hands down. Not the best for bandwidth but the most entertainment-value-per-pixel ratio.

BaaBmyb.png
BaaBmyb.png
BaaBmyb.png

There's hope for us all. Good shit bruh. I'm afraid that I might not be able to find a non-profit that could pay as well as the salary and benefits of this contracting position. But hopefully my Masters (in december pending) can ask for that. And living in DC should help for cost of living purposes

BaaBmyb.png
BaaBmyb.png
BaaBmyb.png

Congrats!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Congratulations. You've earned the right to work harder than you ever have before. First step.

Thanks for the well wishes all. I need to kick my ass into gear so I can be ready for a more disciplined corporate environment. Things at my current office are pretty lax, I don't want to go in and act like a fool. Any have some advice?

Also Wrestle-GAF has the best gifs hands down. Not the best for bandwidth but the most entertainment-value-per-pixel ratio.

Congrats JB, you made it!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Whoa! Thanks fam. I am really excited but also nervous. Really want to do a good job and prove I deserve the opportunity.
Congratulations. You've earned the right to work harder than you ever have before. First step.
This is exactly what I am trying to keep in mind.
Congrats Jackben! What field are you in?
I'll be starting as a technical analyst for a company that specializes in pharmaceutical robotics. They showed me a demo before the interview of some of their software and machinery, pretty cool stuff that lets everyone from Walgreens to small mom and pop drugstores increase efficiency and access custom labeling, stuff like getting prescription instructions printed on the bottle in native languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom