• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only reasonable reply is "This honkey come up to the press conference speaking American and shit."

We+speak+american+not+english_7190b4_3437451.jpg

I used to wonder why when I'd lurk this thread you guys would vent over OT fuckery here instead of addressing it in the threads themselves.

Now I understand.

Trey

Some local school kids are protesting a recent decision to ban the redskins nickname from a school mascot. Embrace that L, folks.

I used to wonder why when I'd lurk this thread you guys would vent over OT fuckery here instead of addressing it in the threads themselves.

Now I understand.

Link.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I dropped some money on a Funimation premium account so I can watch some streaming bullshit and see if there's any anime out there worth wasting my time with. Was recommended Death Parade and I'm enjoying it. Anything else worth a shit? It doesn't really look like it.

Merc_

Who knew that the solution to racism was for us to just let it go? How could we have been so blind? It was always just that simple!

HOW DID THIS ELUDE US FOR SO LONG

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I just saw a commercial for this pixel movie. Is this real life? This is some sort of elaborate joke right?

what's wrong with it ? looks fun to me. Hopefully Sandler actually tries to give a shit this time.

2015 really needs a psa for these nublack celebrities. I just cant anymore.

Nah, the thread on Common.

This nublack shit is truly something else and there are a number of posters eagerly swallowing it up.

I think it just scares some people to think that they may be benefiting from racism, no matter how minutely or indirectly, that they instantly get defensive and when a black entertainer gives them a way out, they seize on it.

Like I'm a man, I know that I have it easier than women in a lot of arenas just off of that. I admit that and try to make things better in my immediate surroundings first and on a larger scale when I can. I don't deflect or bring up that one girl in elementary school who hit me with a rock that one time.

I think the problem with white people testing the waters with the whole NuBlack thing is basically Barkley's Law because it suggests "oh, you guys hate classical blacks too? Awesome! Let's hope I like you people though, right?" and that it's okay to do so. Not to mention all of the real racists are just going to get bored with NuBlacks after the honeymoon phase anyways.

Just saw this on imgur:

ReUQv2h.jpg

andthebeatgoeson

The funny thing about that clip is immediately afterwards, Jon Stewart said something about acknowledgement. That won't solve it but it's more hurtful to try and forget or downplay the issues. That's been going on for hundreds of years. Forgiving and letting go only works when all parties acknowledge the true scope.

But we constantly get, 'We just don't need to talk about it, it was so long ago.'

We also need to acknowledge the cowardice in that statement. Stop downplaying history because you can't check your racist friends and family.

Opiate

It has been my experience that when someone tells me to "let an argument go," it's frequently because they're losing the argument but don't want to say that and are uncomfortable about it.

It has been my experience that when someone tells me to "let an argument go," it's frequently because they're losing the argument but don't want to say that and are uncomfortable about it.

Also:

"Well... agree to disagree."
"Everyone's entitled to their opinion."

Opiate

Also:

"Well... agree to disagree."
"Everyone's entitled to their opinion."

Absolutely. I don't mean these statements can't be said in good faith, but often they're used because the person is losing an argument and wants to be seen as taking the high road.

Numb

Talking about the news ?

Just have to keep it movin but know in the back of your mind that you in the crosshairs at all times.

I am used to the hate before moving here but it never was about skin colour cos everyone was the same.
Now i gotta be careful not because someone hates my guts but because of how i look.

I am used to the hate before moving here but it never was about skin colour cos everyone was the same.
Now i gotta be careful not because someone hates my guts but because of how i look.

As my family says, "Do your best to stay out of trouble, but realize that trouble may find you occasionally." The world is full of amazing people, but the bad ones can trip you up. You just be the best you, but keep your side-eye ready.

Numb

As my family says, "Do your best to stay out of trouble, but realize that trouble may find you occasionally." The world is full of amazing people, but the bad ones can trip you up. You just be the best you, but keep your side-eye ready.

The randomness is what freaks me out mostly. That it could happen at anytime, anywhere and for no reason at all. I might be overthinking this or not enough, i really dont know.

The randomness is what freaks me out mostly. That it could happen at anytime, anywhere and for no reason at all. I might be overthinking this or not enough, i really dont know.

You're not overthinking. Walk into the wrong store, linger a little to long, date the wrong person, walk around the wrong neighborhood and in an instant you become a news story where too many people are eager to paint you as the guilty party. That's what freaks me out most personally. If I die, I die. But I could die and, no matter how good I've been, people will still have zero empathy for my life. That scares me.

Numb

You're not overthinking. Walk into the wrong store, linger a little to long, date the wrong person, walk around the wrong neighborhood and in an instant you become a news story where too many people are eager to paint you as the guilty party. That's what freaks me out most personally. If I die, I die. But I could die and, no matter how good I've been, people will still have zero empathy for my life. That scares me.

Glad to see i am not being reckless.
There are these two cars i see in town sometimes with the confederate flag in the back window in a busted old car driving real slow.
I would prefer never to meet them at night

Gorillaz

saw that story of the kid getting fucked up during saint paddys day. Want to see how they can spin that story other then him just being a kid with a fake ID (which is about 80 percent of college students)
So I dropped some money on a Funimation premium account so I can watch some streaming bullshit and see if there's any anime out there worth wasting my time with. Was recommended Death Parade and I'm enjoying it. Anything else worth a shit? It doesn't really look like it.

I started up death parade too only 2 episodes in so far but it's interesting idea

Absolutely. I don't mean these statements can't be said in good faith, but often they're used because the person is losing an argument and wants to be seen as taking the high road.

My favorite is the "setting up their tripod" statement. "Sure, X may [have / have done / did] Y. Does that make X... A? Possibly. But does that make X... B? Of course not. It's just [bullshit bullshit bullshit] because of C, not X's fault."

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Glad to see i am not being reckless.
There are these two cars i see in town sometimes with the confederate flag in the back window in a busted old car driving real slow.
I would prefer never to meet them at night

cant remember but arnt you somewhere in Europe ?

what are they even doing with that flag out there besides trying to start stuff?

Psycho Pass, Rage of Bahamut, Tokyo Ghoul.

ty. Will try a couple of these once I'm done with Death Parade and Mushi-shi. Supposedly Mushi-shi is dope.

Psycho-Pass is a pretty fun run and basically comes off as the modern equivalent of Cowboy Bebop, though the two are almost nothing alike in tone. Picture Pokemon's standard of living and tech levels - albeit weaponized, throw in some of the sociopolitical / pulp detective-ish themes of Ghost in the Shell (not to mention the team / squad element), and then top it all off with Cowboy Bebop's sense of escalation and pacing and you have a rough idea on what to expect. The small fry baddies also combine the eccentricity of Bebop's villains with the clinical insanity of those of GitS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom