• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
That sounds brutal.

It can get draining, but I've done enough of them now that I feel comfortable with it. They're basically a bunch of short interviews in a row with different people. You have to be on top of your game the whole time.

Hope this one works out, I just went through 4 rounds of interviews for another spot the past few months and ended up being runner-up. Also got another phone interview in the works next week for yet another opening. Gotta keep looking until you actually get an offer.

DominoKid

It can get draining, but I've done enough of them now that I feel comfortable with it. They're basically a bunch of short interviews in a row with different people. You have to be on top of your game the whole time.

Hope this one works out, I just went through 4 rounds of interviews for another spot the past few months and ended up being runner-up. Also got another phone interview in the works next week for yet another opening. Gotta keep looking until you actually get an offer.

man those series interviews are weird.

i'd rather just have a couple rounds spread over a few different days.

Booshka

andthebeatgoeson

Swipe the bar to switch tabs.
It's been sorely missing. Man, I love their products but common sense things take too long.

I got an email back about their calendar app. For awhile, it didn't have a 7 day view. It changed all of a sudden. It had a stupid 5 day view. Apparently, they took my advice. And I'm like, dude, they pay you for this?

Jacir

Yo tonite eclipse is happening as of now. Watching live feed on YouTube.

Its happening!!!! The end is near! Drip drop and roll!

Y'all watched Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt?

Funniest show I watched in years.

white-woman-cropped.png

It's been sorely missing. Man, I love their products but common sense things take too long.

I got an email back about their calendar app. For awhile, it didn't have a 7 day view. It changed all of a sudden. It had a stupid 5 day view. Apparently, they took my advice. And I'm like, dude, they pay you for this?

No, it's been like that for a while now.

andthebeatgoeson

I like Kevin Hart. I like his hustle. I'm not thrilled about how he dodges the racism issue but respect that taking a stand puts him at risk. Not everyone can take a stand at this exact moment. And I respect him acknowledging how others take a different track (Oprah, Tyler Perry) and still benefit our people.

Who knew I would find myself having more respect for Kevin Hart and Tyler Perry, today, than Common. Man, fuck that nigga.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I like Kevin Hart. I like his hustle. I'm not thrilled about how he dodges the racism issue but respect that taking a stand puts him at risk. Not everyone can take a stand at this exact moment. And I respect him acknowledging how others take a different track (Oprah, Tyler Perry) and still benefit our people.

Who knew I would find myself having more respect for Kevin Hart and Tyler Perry, today, than Common. Man, fuck that nigga.

I am fine with Kevin Hart. Dude works his ass off and obviously good at what he does. Everyone isn't going to take a stand against racism the same way. Some will be more vocal, some will do it behind the scenes. I respect all ways of going about it. But I don't respect that clown on CNN.

As far as marathon interviews, I did that a couple of times and didn't get the damned jobs anyway. By the end of it, I was so drained that I didn't give a fuck anymore.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Marathon interviews seem like a form of torture. Like they are just trying to break you. By the fourth rendition of "so what are your strengths and weaknesses" I would be ready to flip a table. Then again I've never been in a situation where I had more than 1 interview back to back. Do they ask unique questions?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Marathon interviews seem like a form of torture. Like they are just trying to break you. By the fourth rendition of "so what are your strengths and weaknesses" I would be ready to flip a table. Then again I've never been in a situation where I had more than 1 interview back to back. Do they ask unique questions?

Atleast the one I went on, each interviewer focused on something different. One was about work style, one was background, one was what I thought I could bring to the company, the last one was just a basic "getting to know you" type of thing. It was a total of about 4 hours. When I saw every person interviewing me was old and white, I knew I wasn't getting the job.

Atleast the one I went on, each interviewer focused on something different. One was about work style, one was background, one was what I thought I could bring to the company, the last one was just a basic "getting to know you" type of thing. It was a total of about 4 hours. When I saw every person interviewing me was old and white, I knew I wasn't getting the job.

Four hours? That would get on my nerves.

Nothing beats the day long 6hr interview with 4 department heads of IT I did last month, only to get an offer then it get rescinding a few hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom