• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

esms

I really hope this thread doesn't get locked just so that the rowers keep on rowing.

xLgVTOi.png

Massive tone shift from page 1-2/3.

Slayven

I feel like if a white woman had a baby that dark with her , the police would constantly ask her if the baby is bothering her.

DominoKid

Surge's lawyer said the DA had seen too much Empire. Damn that show is everywhere

That FIFA shit is insane.

that Ultimate Team shit came through and crushed the buildings. i was never into it but the first time i saw it i know it'd be a huuuuge moneymaker. they may as well start calling it FIFA Ulitmate Team now.

See that explains why Luke Cage's kid is all kinds of colors, varying from issue to issue.

The_Pulse_Vol_1_11_page_00_Jessica_Jones_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

tumblr_n04z7ctftG1ssxc9vo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4vfjkrPCU1r6h499o1_400.jpg

Man, even AbbieJean on Archer is darker than the Cage Baby in the first pic.

Just to add, from personal anecdotal experience:

Even babies with one really dark black parent and one pale white parent might not be dark enough to fail the paper bag test (unless it's a really sunny day in the summer time), so that third pic could be Summertime Tan Cage Baby or artistically emphasizing with brownness that she has one black parent just so people know. The middle pic with Vision is closer to what I know, though the artists should just have some really accurate pics of Lenny Kravitz if they want a skin tone that is based on reality.

Furyous

Just saw this on twitter. Someone should make a compilation of black celebrities saying things like this.

Is this what they teach y'all niggas in Harlem? Dame has to stop doing interviews and make sure the recipes are passed down.

That Kevin Hart interview with Sway... Man, dude gets all of my respect. Linking it again because it is worth the watch.

Dude Kev's casual ether is funny and those washed up comedians are SAD AS SHIT.

Who y'all got in this throwback Kev Hart vs Jaime Foxx battle? Kev Hart's movie career shits all over Jaime's today.

---

Onto some good news. I got an A in a 600 level biostats class!!!! I aced biostats on some G shit. Keep in mind I've never taken any type of science or math class since high school so this is the equivalent of fucking Lenny Cooke dropping a triple double on the Raptors. I've got my dude absinthe sitting right next to me ready to take off. I'm going to fight him and come out on top. Shout out to George Washington University.

kevin hart's movie career shits on jamie foxx's?

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanh??? kevin hart makes like 4 shit movies a year. he's more successful financially probably but jamie kills him on the filmography front. you already hitting the absinthe my dude.

edit: never heard that video before, yo that's crazy lol. don't like hart's career but mad respect for him standing up for himself like that on the radio. he was getting gooned on.

Shy

Onto some good news. I got an A in a 600 level biostats class!!!! I aced biostats on some G shit. Keep in mind I've never taken any type of science or math class since high school so this is the equivalent of fucking Lenny Cooke dropping a triple double on the Raptors. I've got my dude absinthe sitting right next to me ready to take off. I'm going to fight him and come out on top. Shout out to George Washington University.
Congratulations Furyous, hope you have an awesome weekend celebration.

DominoKid

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanh??? kevin hart makes like 4 shit movies a year. he's more successful financially probably but jamie kills him on the filmography front. you already hitting the absinthe my dude.

edit: never heard that video before, yo that's crazy.

yeah it shits on jamie's. jamie could only dream of having this run kevin is now.

and his show takes a dump truck shit on the Jamie Foxx show.

edit: "starting at fetus" i'm already dead.

yeah it shits on jamie's. jamie could only dream of having this run kevin is now.

and his show takes a dump truck shit on the Jamie Foxx show.

success-wise? no doubt. but on quality alone? collateral, django, miami vice, jarhead.

hell i'll take any given sunday over any kevin hart movie forreal.

royalan

edit: never heard that video before, yo that's crazy lol. don't like hart's career but mad respect for him standing up for himself like that on the radio. he was getting gooned on.

Kevin Hart isn't even worth more than Jamie (well, if those shady celeb networth sites are anything to go by). Still, I believe it. Kevin Hart stars in dime-a-dozen comedy flicks that people forget about the week after the release. Jamie stars in classic films that stand the test of time, and he can command a bigger paycheck from them. I totally believe that Jamie's fewer movies make more money for him over time.

Also, Jamie's a lot more naturally funny. At least in my opinion.

RBK

Banned
You could argue Foxx has had the more successful career movie wise(he's been able to diversify outside of the comedy persona) plus there's always his music career.

DominoKid

if you bring jamie's music into it then kevin standup tours is in it too. now jamie aint a bad standup, but his shit never even gets mentioned. and he definitely never did it big like kevin is.

Jacir

Turns out what I linked wasn't about race unfortunately. However it does give an example of weird limitations from higher ups that artists deal with. In that case it was Marvel or Disney.

success-wise? no doubt. but on quality alone? collateral, django, miami vice, jarhead.

hell i'll take any given sunday over any kevin hart movie forreal.

You mean main character movies rather than Foxx movies. Otherwise I'd take "This is the End" over Miami Vice, either of the Horrible Bosses movies, TASM2, Due Date... I mean I can keep going...

Hart's sitcom appearances, while not money making machines are also > Foxx's.

Undeclared, Modern Family, Party Down, and Workaholics > Foxx Show, Moesha, and Hanging with Mr. Cooper imo.

Slayven

It's not fair to compare hart and foxx, their success is undeniable. Quality of product is subjective. Better to compare Hart and Foxx to Spears and Epps. All 4 started similarly, around the same time give or take. But along the way Hart and Foxx made some damn good decisions.

andthebeatgoeson

It's not fair to compare hart and foxx, their success is undeniable. Quality of product is subjective. Better to compare Hart and Foxx to Spears and Epps. All 4 started similarly, around the same time give or take. But along the way Hart and Foxx made some damn good decisions.
Some of it might be luck but a lot of it is hustle. You can see Hart change when he does his promotions on NBA. He basically becomes the fall guy. I saw him years ago taking shots from Shaq and Chuck and was waiting for him to fire back. He never did. Some shrewd moves just to be that guy. Lots of though. After watching that last video, I give him more respect.

Meanwhile, Eppsis still talking about the other Friday movies. I won't dismiss that their resumes probably ended up on the trash like a lot of black people but give Hart his due.

I changed my name to FlingCEO. I'll let you know if the responses are different. Bout to go ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom