• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out what I linked wasn't about race unfortunately. However it does give an example of weird limitations from higher ups that artists deal with. In that case it was Marvel or Disney.

Yeah, what you linked was more of a "Me Too!" response. Also: "Wolverine Anal Sex!"

It was good, though. Like how that person called Wimberly's article "nuanced".

Slayven

Yeah, what you linked was more of a "Me Too!" response. Also: "Wolverine Anal Sex!"

Yeah, his heart was in the right place, but his story was kind of weak. But it reminds me of a cover
RMjGLBZ.jpg

"So elf, you going to get this dick or what?"

http://marvel.wikia.com/Wolverine_Vol_3_6

I think that Pryor movie will be terible because of Epps. Mike Epps can only act as Mike Epps.

I don't really like Mike Epps acting either.

Also where are getting siracha hype from? Since when have food products been getting hyped up like a new tv show, video game, or movie. Are there press releases, interviews, and marketing campaigns in general for basic food products?

"Hey, wanna buy these chips? I got these new chips son. These chips ain't even hit the streets yet!"

The internet can hold all the L's for over hyping that sorry ass product.

You guys are crazy, Shrachi is great just not on everything like people claim. I like to substittue it for ketchup on fries and burgers.

Now Chipotle, THAT is amazing on EVERYTHING.

Chipotle Honey
Chipotle Mayo
Chipotle Ranch
Chipotle BBQ
Chipotle Butter
Chipotle Vinaigrette
Chipotle Chipotle

I'm pretty much in love with Chipotle .

Glad that Google Play increased it's song upload limit to 50,000 songs, but just trying to handle my rap collection has Chrome crawling and begging for mercy. The app has no issue. This wouldn't bother me so much if the app actually had the ability to edit tags. No idea why Google thought not including that is a good idea.

Also, why on earth are the web site and app ordering the songs differently?

Jacir

Yea when he showed the printed version...I was like wtf you cant even see shit. Tho I'm not sure which panel is the better one from the first two. The one 'that looked like it was anal sex' or the one where the lady's legs are wrapped around him sex. Kinda funny or weird that he didn't have to change Wolverine's position in those two drawings.

Kreed

See that explains why Luke Cage's kid is all kinds of colors, varying from issue to issue.

The_Pulse_Vol_1_11_page_00_Jessica_Jones_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

tumblr_n04z7ctftG1ssxc9vo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m4vfjkrPCU1r6h499o1_400.jpg

This bothers me with TV shows as well when you have children of one or two black parents, but the children are "unlikely" shades of brown.

That Kevin Hart interview with Sway... Man, dude gets all of my respect. Linking it again because it is worth the watch.

I think a lot of these black comedians speaking out against Kevin Hart are being fueled by the "I don't find Kevin Hart funny" crowd into saying these things without realizing how bitter it makes them look. Before Kevin Hart, I don't think I've ever heard of a situation with a black comedian criticizing another black comedian for doing well.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
This bothers me with TV shows as well when you have children of one or two black parents, but the children are "unlikely" shades of brown.

ehh, coming from one of those families, i dont see it as an issue.

Yeah, his heart was in the right place, but his story was kind of weak. But it reminds me of a cover
RMjGLBZ.jpg

"So elf, you going to get this dick or what?"

http://marvel.wikia.com/Wolverine_Vol_3_6

now all i can think about is the nightcrawler has two dicks rumor, and how so many people tried mto push it as fact

Kreed

ehh, coming from one of those families, i dont see it as an issue.

Considering we just had a post a few weeks ago linking to a story about a "black and white twin", I'm not saying it's impossible/couldn't happen, just that it happens too often on TV.

jmood88

I remember listening to that live when I had satellite radio back in the day, every time they brought Kevin Hart to the Foxxhole nothing but pure unadulterated fuckery ensured.

I remember this one time dude went the fuck in on Speedy, man I was cryin bruh. "Lets take it back!" lmfao!!
Man, I miss the Foxxhole. That shit had me dying every single time.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Wait what? What kind of silliness was that? And what does that mean for TJ?

Nocturnexcal.png

her moms a reality bender. im suprised she didnt come out looking like a younger her

but the rumor had something to do with chuck austen i think. then it took a life of its own with people saying his second gave him pheromone powers and all kinds of other shit.

Considering we just had a post a few weeks ago linking to a story about a "black and white twin", I'm not saying it's impossible/couldn't happen, just that it happens too often on TV.

ok, i understand

After much thought, I chose Silk as the female-led book to pick up (between Silk and Spider-Gwen).

Hopefully I don't get let down.

you arent reading amazing, so you really cant be that let down. any spider book is better at this point

Slayven

Don't worry both will be cancelled this time next year.
This is true
her moms a reality bender. im suprised she didnt come out looking like a younger her

but the rumor had something to do with chuck austen i think. then it took a life of its own with people saying his second gave him pheromone powers and all kinds of other shit.

ok, i understand

you arent reading amazing, so you really cant be that let down. any spider book is better at this point

Only good thing Chuck ever did was Sammy The Squidboy

rude

Banned
Huh? I'm lighter than both of my parents and my brother is slightly darker than my parents are. Variations in skin color aren't uncommon.

rude

Banned
Silk and Spider Gwen are both great. I do think the family mystery in Silk's story is going to get grating after a bit though.

Kreed

Huh? I'm lighter than both of my parents and my brother is slightly darker than my parents are. Variations in skin color aren't uncommon.

I figured most people could fill in the blanks as to what I meant by "unlikely" considering what I was quoting but I probably worded my response to Parallax better.

Slayven

Silk and Spider Gwen are both great. I do think the family mystery in Silk's story is going to get grating after a bit though.

History has proven that chicks with Moon in their name in comics the most ride or die, and keep you on your hustle.

Moondragon, Tiana Moon, Moonstone

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just turned down a free ticket to see Tycho because it would involve driving 45 mins both ways, I need to exercise and I'm tired from getting up early to prepare my sleep clock for the new job. Responsibility tasting pretty sour right now.

Also fling? More like trifling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom