• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

It's disturbing how so many men around here (and the Internet in general) think that women and/or sex are the cure for all of their problems.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
671981.jpg

one relationship isnt ride or die. especially since they didnt end on good terms

It's disturbing how so many men around here (and the Internet in general) think that women and/or sex are the cure for all of their problems.

Especially when money cures way more problems. Good luck getting Sallie Mae to accept your used condom as payment on your loan, but hey...congrats on the sex.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Relationships come with their own set of problems. Too many people want to play jenga by adding new blocks instead of fixing the ones they have. And the time and money blocks start to get mighty loose when that happens if you don't pay attention.

Parallax

But it is focused at doing good somewhat, she saved Captain America's life.

probably because she could use it in some way. the same way she became a lady liberty type to manipulate cap into believing she wasnt insane

Shy

I played the XV demo and was like "meh"

The open world/real time combat is cool but the party AI was unwashed cheeks.

Looks great tho
I got it too, did you have a problem when fighting larger groups of enemies Labor. ? i wasn't feeling that aspect.

Also the camera could use a lot of work.

I got it too, did you have a problem when fighting larger groups of enemies Labor. ? i wasn't feeling that aspect.

Also the camera could use a lot of work.

I switched to Tempest for big groups and hoped for the best lol. It got easier once you got the Phantom Sword though, wondering how soon you'll get AOE in the release.

Parallax

Is captain marvel the same as ms marvel?

the current captain marvel was mostly known as ms marvel

the original was mar vell. a kree that died from cancer.

his kids have all been captain marvel, and have died in messed ways.

monica rambeau was the first to adopt the cap marvel name after mar vell died

the current ms marvel is a new character

Shy

I switched to Tempest for big groups and hoped for the best lol. It got easier once you got the Phantom Sword though, wondering how soon you'll get AOE in the release.
Ahh, i didn't use phantom sword, i had to keep running away then getting back in to the fight.
Also my fucking team kept getting in my way and blocking me, almost getting me killed several times.

Slayven

Where is the "I just need a girl and I will be alright" sentiment originate? If you are shitty and you get a girl, now two people are not happy.

Shy

Where is the "I just need a girl and I will be alright" sentiment originate? If you are shitty and you get a girl, now two people are not happy.
I think they believe, because they feel so overwhelmed by their life, that if they can just find someone they'll be able to use the stability that a relationship brings, they can to start to rebuild their life.

Booshka

Foxxhole on Sirius is some of the best radio around btw. Great standup and good music, uncensored, love that channel.

Every time I see Kevin Hart talking about stand up, or comedians, it makes me miss Patrice O'Neal even more, because he could destroy all of them.

Dude burned so many bridges, said fuck off to the industry, then died from morbid obesity, tragic.

Jacir

So I just found out that there was a one-eyed baby born somewhere in or near Israel. Also that the baby being having born with one eye and all in the middle east, that is supposedly(and im not surprosed either) has some pretty crazy religious connotations to its birth. Just google one eye baby. Baby looks hella weird.

I honestly don't know I came upon this story.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
The 2006 Indian baby or the 2008 Bolivian baby? Those shots are old as shit, and being repurposed by ISIS to galvanize the gullible into joining up and being saved as righteous, now that the end times are upon us. Or something.

Story is BS my man.

Jacir

The 2006 Indian baby or the 2008 Bolivian baby? Those shots are old as shit, and being repurposed by ISIS to galvanize the gullible into joining up and being saved as righteous, now that the end times are upon us. Or something.

Story is BS my man.

Well that's that. Fuck ISIS right where it hurts for eternity.

ReiGun

Um, everywhere? There's definitely an underlying theme in our culture that if you're in a relationship, everything is sunshine and rainbows as it's seen as indicative of being a desirable and likable human being with a wealth of good traits and self-esteem. We don't really focus as much on how many people who are an absolute mess get into relationships and don't improve at all or how some relationships actually leave you worse as a person when they end.

There's also the fact that some people are just very lonely and think if they find someone to alleviate that, things will be okay.

Jacir

Um, everywhere? There's definitely an underlying theme in our culture that if you're in a relationship, everything is sunshine and rainbows as it's seen as indicative of being a desirable and likable human being with a wealth of good traits and self-esteem. We don't really focus as much on how many people who are an absolute mess get into relationships and don't improve at all or how some relationships actually leave you worse as a person when they end.

There's also the fact that some people are just very lonely and think if they find someone to alleviate that, things will be okay.

Yeah it gets worse when family members especially parents keep on asking of when are you going to get a girlfriend/boyfriend/ or a significant other all the time. Its tiring. The pressure is there for some folk.

Shy

This is a rather a *NSFW link that i came across on my net travels.
thought i'd post it to make your guys Sunday a little brighter.

*i didn't think it was more nsfw than other links, but i will immediately take it down if it's a bit too much.

Jacir

*i didn't think it was more nsfw than other links, but i will immediately take it down if it's a bit too much.

She is my type. I believe she went n did a carnival this yr. So good. Downloaded the video before it finished lol.

Being in a relationship has become the "social standard" and it's unfortunate how many people I know get so attached to the idea. It's been taught to us since a ridiculously young age. Get the office job, get the girl/man, get the crib, get the kids, die.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

How she does this in those heels I will never know. Master level skills.

Slayven

Games don't usually bother me, but Battlefield Hardline had me a certain type of way. I know it was jsut bad timing that it got announced while it was the summer of killing black men. But it still felt a little offensive and tone deaf. I played the beta and it was fun for a battlefield game, but I still felt a tightness in my chest. I will probably still get it for cheap, it's just the first time I ever felt like that.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Good lord I'm about to lose my shit in Gaming side. So many coporate apologists and the fact that hardly anyone has any grasp of the Auteur Theory just pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom