• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

First console was NES that my family had, didn't really get into it to be honest, even though I was definitely old enough to play games. I just got bored and wanted to go play outside.

Saved up for a PS1 and played the shit out of that though, I think it has to do with 3D gaming as opposed to 2D, I don't really get into 2D games, once I played Twisted Metal at a friends house, it was over, had to have it.

Although Abe's Oddysee was actually the first PS1 game I bought, and I loved it (and Exodus later), in general, 3D or bust.

My first console was a PSone. But I was really young when I got it. The gamecube is the console that I have the most childhood memories with

My first system was an Atari not sure which one, then my mom got me a NES, then Genesis (my brother got the SNES), , aunt bought us a NeoGeo, later mom got me a PSX (my brother got N64), then PS2 (my brother got Dreamcast) then I bought my own PS3 and 360, later sold the 360 and have neither current gen system.

We had to maintain As in order to get systems, and if we did good on report cards she'd buy us each 1 video game. I think the worst thing I ever asked for was Power Rangers on Genesis...game was hard as fuck.

Young Magus

My first system was an Atari not sure which one, then my mom got me a NES, then Genesis (my brother got the SNES), , aunt bought us a NeoGeo, later mom got me a PSX (my brother got N64), then PS2 (my brother got Dreamcast) then I bought my own PS3 and 360, later sold the 360 and have neither current gen system.

We had to maintain As in order to get systems, and if we did good on report cards she'd buy us each 1 video game. I think the worst thing I ever asked for was Power Rangers on Genesis...game was hard as fuck.

AE rich as funk confirmed.

Console order history goes like:

PSX, N64, GC, PS2, 360, Wii, PS3, Dreamcast, Saturn, Wii U

Your family probably all had good TVs. Slayven's talking about the days where you and your siblings/cousins were at your Grandma's house with the Playstation/N64 and the only TV you could play on was the old TV sitting on top of the even older broken TV in the back room. Those TVs didn't have ports for the red/yellow/white connectors, so you needed a RF to hook it up.

I was playing NES on a 13 inch black and white joint for a while.

NES -> SNES -> Genesis -> PS1 -> N64 -> Saturn -> DC -> Xbox -> GC -> PS2 -> 360 -> PS3 -> Wii -> PS4 -> XB1 -> PSTV

GB -> GBC -> GG -> GBA -> NGPC -> GBASP -> DS -> PSP -> Vita

don't recall the handheld relation to console as far as purchase history.

My first console was a handed down NES. I didn't get to play it often, but I loved the only game I had, which was the Duck Hunt/Mario combo.

Though later on in life, when I was in eighth grade or so, my older cousin who handed me down the NES gave me a suitcase for my birthday. At first, I didn't even know it was for me and he told me to open it when I got home ... shit was full of NES games that I still have and cherish today. He lives far away from me these days but I hope to one day shoot the shit with him and talk about his gaming history. He's married and shit now: I have not seen him for at least 10 years, but it's cool to know that if it wasn't for him I may not have even been as big a gamer as I am now.

Then again, due to Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog I begged my parents for a Game Gear and later a Genesis... Haha.

Slayven

I made it y'all

rickwfxz4.gif

I had an Atari as a first console
in the era of the MegaDrive.
My parents were not into encouraging my video game habit. -_-

EDIT: After a quick Google search, I have determined it was an Atari 7800. Never did manage to beat Impossible Mission...

NES, Genesis, (Sega CD, Returned for Super NES), TG-16, N64, PS1, Saturn, DC, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, Xbox One, PlayStation 4.

Game Boy, Game Gear, Lynx, GBA, NeoGeo Pocket Color, GBA SP, DS, PSP, 3DS, Vita.

This is why I do what I do.

Slayven

I went atari 2600 to atarti 7200 to NES to Genesis to Snes to PSone to Dreacmcast to PS2

Gameboy to Virtual Boy to Tiger.,com to DS to Vita

Atari 7800 - Playstation - Dreamcast - Gamecube - Wii - Xbox 360 - Playstation 3

DS - PSP - 3DS x3 - Vita - n3DS

I have bought far too many 3DS'...

-----

Yesterday I watched Don't Be A Menace etc etc. It was alright but I can see I was missing a LOT of the references.

Imm0rt4l

My first game system was a comodore 64. First console was NES.

Then came SNES, Genesis (Thank you based Sega channel), psx,n64 ps2,n64,dc, xbox, gamecube, xbox360, ps3, ps4

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I met him when he did a lecture at my university. My dad also met him while he was at university. I remember calling him as soon as the lecture was over to babble excitedly about it.

That must of been great.

Yeah, just doing a quick Wiki search shows me how uninformed I am.

He's a Nigerian author even.

Read it, its not a gigantic book when it comes to page # but it talks about manhood and the human condition and dealing with changes in a way a lot of writers either won't or can't.

RBK

Banned
Read it, its not a gigantic book when it comes to page # but it talks about manhood and the human condition and dealing with changes in a way a lot of writers either won't or can't.

Will do, plan to purchase it on Tuesday.

Hopefully the Amazon listing I'm looking at is still available.

My first console was the NES that my parents had. One of my first memories as a baby was seeing my mom on the phone, not paying attention to the screen. She died in World 8-1 because an enemy walked into her. I tried to warn her but I didn't have no words, man. =(
Sega Genesis. Sonic Spinball....get at me.

If I went to a friend's place and all they had was Sonic Struggleball, I would just leave.
wCtmosU.png

If I went to a friend's place and all they had was Sonic Struggleball, I would just leave.
wCtmosU.png

Bruh, I did the same thing. Dude was like "come to my house, I have Sonic!!"

I was hyped as hell thinking I'm gonna play Sonic 2 or 3K.... this dude gonna whip out Sonic Struggleball. I left his crib in pure disgust.

Minnow

My first was the n64. My bros liked playiing on ps1 and dreamcast but i mainly just used our 64. Then went gameboy color->advance->xbox -> ps2 -> gamecube -> ds -> 360 -> wii-> and now i just end up playing on my pc and wii u.

theyre talking the game.com. the second gaming L ive taken.

so it just makes a link whenever you type something in that can be seen as an address?

is that new?

Yeah, I remember the Gamedotcom. That's why I told him no.

I worked in a GameStop-style shop when that came out.

andthebeatgoeson

Colecovision. Nigga. I think it had a knob and a bunch of buttons. Definitely, Nintendo came thru and changed the whole game.

28894coleco-vision.system.jpeg

Like, what the fuck is going on with that design?

That SAS thread is shit. Why home boy take a dump on HBCUs?

And it's hilarious to see those gay guys just spit out the slayven principles. Batting, maybe .100 on white people dating? Like, Slayven is definitely under the Mendoza line on Asian chicks, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom