• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Isnt golf the most boring sport tho? Next to American football
:)
I wouldnt be anywhere near any golf related stuff.
Too rich for my blood.
Yeah, golf is...wait, da fuc u say about real football?
I momentarily forgot about Tiger Woods and thought you were talkin about Tyga.

I was like...scust as fuck.
Yo, tiger fell off. He was a real bet to the goat. Jack Nick like,
0224_jordan_630x420.jpg
Has it been a bunch of tweets or just one particular tweet that set this off?
I haven't watched the video cuz I don't want to see him pass out like that but tell me there's a coli of Suge dead?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Over Halo? I didn't even think he played kideo games.

Trey

Doubtful Halo 5 causes a ruckus. Unless it comes with some heavily loaded shit like Destinyesque DLC or it isn't 60fps.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Doubtful Halo 5 causes a ruckus. Unless it comes with some heavily loaded shit like Destinyesque DLC or it isn't 60fps.
I mean did you miss the uproar over the aiming down the sights fiasco? Like really? ADS?! This shit is gonna have gaf on fire.

People still give a shit about Halo after Bungie left?

Went for an interview today for an office position at the place I currently work. I've only been working here for three days, but fuck I want something better. I basically didn't get it because I didn't lie.

Booshka

I'm expecting an incoming shitstorm if the game doesn't have an ambitious BTB mode. I have a feeling that the player cap might be 12 for Halo 5, seems like Arena style has been more of the dev focus for MP. So unless they are hiding something insane in the form of BTB, I expect a pretty standard and smaller BTB experience, especially if they are trying to hold onto that 1080p 60 FPS promise with dedicated servers and great graphics. Loading up player counts with a ton of vehicles and shit on screen, good luck locking that to 60 on console.

Shy

*sigh* damm, that's really sad that Sub got banned. i liked him.
PIfgEhV.gif

this isn't the way we should be starting the week BCT.

RBK

Banned
I mean did you miss the uproar over the aiming down the sights fiasco? Like really? ADS?! This shit is gonna have gaf on fire.
Some fans are just ridiculous.

Public opinion will alway differ, but when has a Halo game ever been reviewed badly?

People still give a shit about Halo after Bungie left?
Yes... Halo 4/Destiny are both bad games depending on who you want to ask.

I have a feeling that the player cap might be 12 for Halo 5, seems like Arena style has been more of the dev focus for MP. So unless they are hiding something insane in the form of BTB, I expect a pretty standard and smaller BTB experience, especially if they are trying to hold onto that 1080p 60 FPS promise with dedicated servers and great graphics. Loading up player counts with a ton of vehicles and shit on screen, good luck locking that to 60 on console.
Does Battlefield not exist? There's no 1080p/60FPS guarantee either, it's almost impossible to do on next-gen hardware, let alone the XB1.

Trey

I'm expecting an incoming shitstorm if the game doesn't have an ambitious BTB mode. I have a feeling that the player cap might be 12 for Halo 5, seems like Arena style has been more of the dev focus for MP. So unless they are hiding something insane in the form of BTB, I expect a pretty standard and smaller BTB experience, especially if they are trying to hold onto that 1080p 60 FPS promise with dedicated servers and great graphics. Loading up player counts with a ton of vehicles and shit on screen, good luck locking that to 60 on console.

Halo is an OG game franchise: this will be its third generation of consoles. People have long since had their opinion settled on Halo. People generally know what to expect, and hype doesn't grow as asymmetrically as it would do for a cult favorite like Bloodborne or a graphics driven new IP like the Order.

It's just Halo. So unless something dramatic occurs between now and August or so, it'll mostly be standard fare.

Consider this: the MCC was a perhaps the most ambitious remaster/package in gaming history, and one of its biggest draws didn't (and kinda still doesn't) work. If that didn't bring out drama like the Order, Halo 5 likely will not either.

cdyhybrid

Related, courtesy of GAF-Hop's Esch:

So, you know, I been listening to that Mr. Wonderful. And what I got to say about it, is that its, a very, decent project, pause.
ynao8rF.png

It's like interesting, because you know, with a little more work, it feels like it could have succeeded the sum of its works. But I'm not trying to comment on the work of another man, pause. That's some Chatty Patty shit, bruh. Real men don't do that.

Meanwhile I'd like to think of this for the time being you know, like a transitionary period for action. There are moments here when he's tapping into something, you know what, that it sorta feels like he's inventing his own new style or something. It sorta feels like piano bar rap, some Billy Joel shit. Like some Elton John type frat bar rap, pause. Stuff like Light in the Addict.
ynao8rF.png

Honestly I would say that Action Bronson put together a pretty good effort here. I'm not trying to comment on the work of another man but if I were, i'd say that his intermittent kayfabe breaking and vulnerability on songs like Terry could potentially be one of his strengths because he can sound bitter if he wants to. I would also say that I love when Action Bronson does wavy joints like Actin Crazy, cause it reminds me of one of my favorites, Jar of Drugs. If I was going to talk about another man i might suggest that Action Bronson attempt a project full of wavy, maybe even with moments of screwing type production. I realize of course you dummy, that Bronson had a project with Harry Fraud, pause. But they didn't exploit the potential of that lane properly, pause.

I think this also ties in heavy with what he was trying to do (i mean i would have done it differently pause cause i know exactly how to move in these situations) on excellent tracks like Easy Rider and City Boy Blues. When he does tracks like these, he sorta taps in heavy on some undiscovered psychedelic white boy culture vulture lane that i haven't really heard from anyone else, pause. But I'm not trying to comment on another man. But if I was, I might suggest that linking up with Ski Beatz or Black Milk might be a good career move with him. You know I had Action Bronson signed to my label once and I was giving him advice like this but we parted. On favorable terms of course, pause.
ynao8rF.png

I saw that on Only in America, he did the Jay-Z "I'm Focused, Man" intro. Of course I came up with that during the Hard Knock Life tour but I let Jay have it you know. That track is ill tho.
ynao8rF.png

I mean obviously guys like Action Bronson are culture vultures, because he nabbed that shit from Ghostface of course. Forget that he's clearly delving into lots of different lanes that feel natural and completely organic, this is why we gotta own our own record labels so culture vultures like him don't take up the airwaves. I'm not trying to comment on Action Bronson's new record but if I was I'd say it's an extremely strong effort that has some conventional stuff, and some stuff that I feel is quite uniquely his own. Real men would probably give it 4 mics out of 5.

bespokeivzew.gif

lmao! Dame is just crazy.

Watching this girl stream...man she is on some sly ether shit tho to her viewers!
KuGsj.gif
Like dude said "Angel can I have your cookies?" and she just casually said mid sentence in another subject "Angel can I have your cookie? Not sure your mom would approve" and kept on going with her previous sentence. I didn't even catch it she said it so fast.
KuGsj.gif

Slayven

lmao! Dame is just crazy.

Watching this girl stream...man she is on some sly ether shit tho to her viewers!
KuGsj.gif
Like dude said "Angel can I have your cookies?" and she just casually said mid sentence in another subject "Angel can I have your cookie? Not sure your mom would approve" and kept on going with her previous sentence. I didn't even catch it she said it so fast.
KuGsj.gif

But you watch G-Fex stream

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
The hype has got me. I tried to resist. Pray for me blackgaf.

Damn, did sub really catch a stray ?

G-Fex

The fuck? I'm not Emo.

Watch yourself goober

tfw knowing angelus getting thirsty watching a streamer. Probably gonna donate 100 dollars and ask her for her amazon wishlist

Booshka

I'm contemplating becoming a digital Twitch pimp

This actually happens btw. Popular male streamers will "Host" a cute girl's lower viewer stream, so that all of his viewers get taken to her channel, she gets a ton of random follows, donations, etc.

Like I said, Twitch Hustle.

G-Fex

This actually happens btw. Popular male streamers will "Host" a cute girl's lower viewer stream, so that all of his viewers get taken to her channel, she gets a ton of random follows, donations, etc.

Like I said, Twitch Hustle.

absolutelydisgusting.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom