• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacir

OK. Reminds me of my ex during HS, she had mentioned it while throwing up hand signs and I had no idea what it was back then. I thought it was some gang n shit...so I was like "OK whatever". I was really never 'in' on about the music scene. I'm only 'in' about videogames.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Man Jacir go listen to GKMC right now.

Speaking of K-Dot, I have TPAB but I haven't given it a spin yet. I'm waiting for the right moment, got to light some candles, have some BBQ ready to eat, get my good headphones out etc. Maybe for my birthday this Sunday.

Speaking of K-Dot, I have TPAB but I haven't given it a spin yet. I'm waiting for the right moment, got to light some candles, have some BBQ ready to eat, get my good headphones out etc. Maybe for my birthday this Sunday.

"honey, prepare the porch monkey attire.. so I can feel truly immersed"

Booshka

I've listened to TPAB like 20+ times now, in the car, home stereo, headphones. Just running the whole thing through over and over.

Jacir

Is all his music on Spotify or soundcloud? I can't remember the last song or album I bought in my life. Link me to his stuff.

TheOGB

Banned
I've listened to TPAB like 20+ times now, in the car, home stereo, headphones. Just running the whole thing through over and over.
It's still really hard for me to listen to just one or two songs from TPAB without wanting to hear the rest of the album. I went on about it with a few friends over the weekend and they hit me up yesterday like "Can't stop listening, what have you done"

G-Fex

You want to say something?

I can't stand Rapsody's boring-ass and it's annoying to see 9th constantly hyping her up and getting defensive when people say they don't like her.

What you crazy! Rapsody is one of the best emcees in the game right now. Beauty & The Beast was the third best album of last year. I'm still kicking myself for missing her when she came on campus last year. I'm really going to be hot if I can't see this one.

Just finished Nightcrawler. It was...pretty good actually. The setting gave me a nice callback to Collateral but its a good film on its own. Jake Gyllenhall was magnificent in this movie. Cold Dude man.

Booshka

Just finished Nightcrawler. It was...pretty good actually. The setting gave me a nice callback to Collateral but its a good film on its own. Jake Gyllenhall was magnificent in this movie. Cold Dude man.

Ya I liked this movie a lot, they did a really good job showing off LA at night, went all over. Jake's performance and character was definitely the best part of the movie.

Yea Gyllenhall killed that roll. Dude is legit one of my favorite actors, he really doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Dude puts his heart into all his roles. I thought he was dope in 'Prisoners'.

Booshka

Yea Gyllenhall killed that roll. Dude is legit one of my favorite actors, he really doesn't get the recognition he deserves. Dude puts his heart into all his roles. I thought he was dope in 'Prisoners'.

I've always thought he was underrated, pretty much like him in every role/movie. I liked him a lot in 'Brothers' that movie kinda flew under the radar, and Tobey Maguire overacted it a bit (imo) but I really like Jake's performance, and the plot of the movie.

jmood88

What you crazy! Rapsody is one of the best emcees in the game right now. Beauty & The Beast was the third best album of last year. I'm still kicking myself for missing her when she came on campus last year. I'm really going to be hot if I can't see this one.
I've tried giving her a chance but she has bored the shit out of me since her Kooley High days. I don't get the hype at all.

I was really surprised that he didn't get nominated for an Oscar. That movie wouldn't have been nearly as watchable as it was without his performance.

Merc_

They understand fine, but their anger over feeling excluded is more important

People form their own groups for comfort all the time, the concept is not new

It's pretty amazing when you think about how one of the defenses for marginalization in different forms of media is, "If you don't like it, make your own!"

Then you do that and they whine at you about not being included.

Adriane23

Neo Member
I'm sorry to hear that
same

You aren't in any of the places that got 8"+ of snow this weekend, are you?

Actually, I do. It was about 7 or 8 in Burnsville. Most of it melted by the time I had to go to work. Still didn't help my rear wheel drive car.

Same here. It's a lot more complex than Good Kid, MAAD City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom