• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally found a twitch stream of a "good" Bloodborne player. She's one shotted two bosses so far being patient and she's about to drop her third on the first try.

ahC13BZ.png

you can one-shot bosses?

Yooo this chick parried the final boss the entire way through, goddamn!

you can one-shot bosses?

I mean one shot as in first try. I really need to stop using "one shot" to mean that. I blame twitch. Lord knows it means something slightly different in MMO terms.

DAT ROGUE ON PRIEST ONESHOT IN VANILLA WOW THO!!!

Wow, sorry to go political (and not American), but I have no idea how Buhari is so close to winning the Nigerian election.

It's like people forgot what he did in the past. Then again, I'm almost absolutely sure this has turned into another North vs South Nigeria thing (aka Islam vs Christianity).

Seriously, Nigeria is a big reason why I'm agnostic at best.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I bet dude had his phone calendar on alert, notified him the moment she became legal with a Tyga ringtone.

Love Is King (Sade Tribute compilation album)

*paging royalan*

If you like Sade, this record label Soulection has a group of artists, djs, whatever that has done different remixes and refixes of her songs and it's all in one album. The co-founder and dj, Joe Kay, has been promising that we was gonna get this album for over a year (I know because I was listening to his radio show since before that announcement) So it's here and if you want to take a listen, there it is. I can vouch for the validity of the talent.

Trey

interesting writeup on Grantland concerning Empire and contemporary black television.

Like Scandal, Empire brings a crazed racial odyssey to a major network. Unlike Scandal, it’s not situated in a world of delicately maintained façades. Washington politics requires a kind of politesse, a brand of which the show’s architect, Shonda Rhimes, has polished to perfection. Empire has no reliable sense of decorum. This is a world in which people peep and creep, but mostly they barge into rooms and blast the truth with an alacrity that would appall Scandal’s heroine, Olivia Pope. Secrets are a form of currency on Scandal. They’re a cancer on Empire. And bluntness appears to be a form of chemotherapy.

RedSwirl

So Vice season 3 has been pretty good in my opinion. Latest episode was about US militia groups which I know some of y'all know about. Apparently their membership has gone up like eight-fold since Obama got elected.

This shit is what DMZ was about man.

So Vice season 3 has been pretty good in my opinion. Latest episode was about US militia groups which I know some of y'all know about. Apparently their membership has gone up like eight-fold since Obama got elected.

This shit is what DMZ was about man.

I saw that. Cant believe shit like that never gets talked about. Its actually really scary.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Backlash? She must be tripping.

THE NEGROES ARE COMING
THE MESSICANS ARE COMING

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

ORasbS9.gif

*paging royalan*

If you like Sade, this record label Soulection has a group of artists, djs, whatever that has done different remixes and refixes of her songs and it's all in one album. The co-founder and dj, Joe Kay, has been promising that we was gonna get this album for over a year (I know because I was listening to his radio show since before that announcement) So it's here and if you want to take a listen, there it is. I can vouch for the validity of the talent.
Downloaded. Sade is transcendent. I was lucky enough to meet her backstage during her last tour here in Vancouver - it's rare that I've ever been struck speechless by any celebrity but she had me knocked for six.

I like the "reached it's peak" line as though the representation is gonna cross some invisible threshold where it'll finally be too much. As though 'non-ethnic' people can only handle so much of a glance at other cultures when I'm here, with the amount of white media I've consumed, more knowledgeable about what it's like to be an Irish catholic than any white person I know probably knows about what it's like to be in a black family.

Dereck

Through family recommendations I started watching Empire...the fuckery.

I just watched when Taraji showed her ass in front of the fam.

Hakeem was starin though
AnFYBV0.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Backlash? She must be tripping.

THE NEGROES ARE COMING
THE MESSICANS ARE COMING

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

ORasbS9.gif

Downloaded. Sade is transcendent. I was lucky enough to meet her backstage during her last tour here in Vancouver - it's rare that I've ever been struck speechless by any celebrity but she had me knocked for six.
No lie. My uncle met her in London and the event literally turned his life around. Started talking to his kids again, quit drinking, the works.

I spoke on how Mya did me in. Had me stuttering and spilling drinks like a clown. She smiled at me brehs. ;_;

But for whom will I drop my long posts of empirical facts?

Those who actually read them

I'm sure there are some people who actually take time to read and learn, but they're not the ones in those threads. The pattern that always happens when someone posts raw facts and/or links to evidence and knowledge is that those posts are pole vaulted over to talk about something else.

I said last year that honest discussions on race are impossible here because too many people are invested in ignoring problems. It's bad for sexism/misogyny too. People just don't want to hear about it, be it out of fear, apathy, or antipathy.

*paging royalan*

Man.... I'm still recovering from the bout of thirst I had when I saw Sade years ago... bruh, nobody has no got damn business being as fine and talented as she is.

Wow, sorry to go political (and not American), but I have no idea how Buhari is so close to winning the Nigerian election.

It's like people forgot what he did in the past. Then again, I'm almost absolutely sure this has turned into another North vs South Nigeria thing (aka Islam vs Christianity).

Seriously, Nigeria is a big reason why I'm agnostic at best.

A lil bit on the north vs south thing but also Jonathan has been a disappointment his response to the Chibok kidnapping was exceptionally poor. People are looking for a "saviour", that's not Buhari IMO, but they want change and the incumbent seems unable to cope.

Phoned my family back in Nigeria to remind them to stock up on food and petrol - answer was we already done so, we on lock down on Saturday. Elections in Nigeria serious business.

Buhari could still loose huge chunk of voters are not on social media.

Furyous

A thirst greater than slayvens

D8zBkEfm.jpg

Someone send this to thirstiest men of instagram.

Can someone explain to me how Bronson lost all that weight?

The Feds owe me money and I plan to collect.

Someone pray for me because I have to venture to downtown Spokane next week and I'm not happy about it. I don't fuck with non of them dudes. Whole city on some fuck shit especially the rich area. I had to curse out three people out there and damn near come to blows with some dude over his girl... in the middle of church filled full of people none of us knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom