• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

Anyone want to agree to a moratorium on race thread participation for a while?

Let them just talk amongst themselves

Yeah, I usually do that because it looks like a blatant attempt to get me banned. I'm going to come through and go JSlay on someone and *pyoon*.

Bomani has his own ESPN show airing on Mondays at 9 PM. I'm tuning in because THE MORNING JONES IS THE GREATEST RADIO SHOW OF ALL TIME! <-- Yeah, I said it.

Not ringing any bells.
4342_brenda_song.jpg

Her

jmood88

Those who actually read them

I'm sure there are some people who actually take time to read and learn, but they're not the ones in those threads. The pattern that always happens when someone posts raw facts and/or links to evidence and knowledge is that those posts are pole vaulted over to talk about something else.

I said last year that honest discussions on race are impossible here because too many people are invested in ignoring problems. It's bad for sexism/misogyny too. People just don't want to hear about it, be it out of fear, apathy, or antipathy.
I've never met an argument I wouldn't participate in but I think I've reached my limit on the race-related threads.

Azure J

Just saw The Raid. I'm a martial arts film fan and I don't know how this slipped through my radar. Shit is dope!

Might have to do this pretty soon. It was pretty dope finding Ip Man recently and remembering how much I loved those martial arts flicks while wondering where they all went.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Holy shit Bloodborne will be on it OT3 before this weekend. And Pillars of Eternity just dropped. Witcher 3 in like two months. And yet I still have no PS4. Fuuuuuuuuck. As soon as I get my first paycheck at the new job I am going to treat myself.

I'm going to give Pillars of Eternity a try. I was late on all the other iso-RPG's. Tried Planescape Torment but the interface defeated me. That game really needs a modern remaster.

harSon

Banned
PC gaming seems to be having Renaissance within the types of games I grew up playing, and as a result, I've steadily been moving over in that direction.

Oh, who am I kidding - I only play Dota 2 :(

I feel like I'll never afford car insurance and a car. I just made a measly $90. Waking up at 4 in the morning and having to walk an hour and half back home in the rain is not worth this shit.

RBK

Banned
I feel like I'll never afford car insurance and a car. I just made a measly $90. Waking up at 4 in the morning and having to walk an hour and half back home in the rain is not worth this shit.
Anything is better than nothing, just gotta take what you can get. The no insurance thing is something I know too well, family got like 5 different tickets in the span of 2 years of "not being able to maintain financial responsibility."

Everything will turn around eventually.
I know this is cliche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom